Bug Android Version 1.6.0 Bugs And Feedback

Status
Not open for further replies.

Sean DonCarlos

Staff member
Mar 17, 2012
Just made a 65 Million high score on Scared Stiff. While most of it was because of a well-played game, one bug made the score go from great, to *really* great.

Bug 1
You need to check how multiple balls in The Crate are handled during Crate Multiball, Ryan.

When two balls are in the crate, they vibrate together and trigger the jackpot multiple times. Until such time as the balls settle and the jackpot animation can complete.
So you're saying I need to asterisk my Scared Stiff score, just as I did for Monster Bash? (And I will need an asterisk, because even on the real table it's very common for me to have both balls in the crate. [That sounded disturbing.])

bossyman15

Feb 28, 2012
In Big Shot during Bonus instruction page 4 - 6 I suggest the camera should move to top down so we can see where the arrow is pointing. The apron is blocking the view.

Also why does Big Shot have option to have 4 players when the game itself is a two players game? Although there are 4 player version of Big Shot.

EDIT: also when I complete a goal the bottom "ball in play" blocks most of the "Goal x completed" text.

AND also when adding up end of ball bonus the machine seems to add them up too fast. doesn't feel very "EM" to me. like this 4 player version of Big Shot https://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_detailpage&v=gXRZ6adoSAU#t=54s

Last edited:

Sir Cheddar

Jun 7, 2012
Just gave it a short spin before going to work, thanks for putting the beta up!
I can confirm the missing textures on the spider.

Please forward to management:
Please remove the "Go Pro" stamps, as they are I think they will be a continuous source of downvotes and negative comments.
It's an option only we pinball addicts need, and we will find those buy links even if you hide them further down in the options.

N

Nik Barbour

Only played briefly......

Every time I start the game, whichever the first table (last played) is, I get the stamp telling me to buy it, despite already having done so. One quick start, and it disappears, but comes back on restart.
I wish these would be removed entirely, along with the 'go pro' ones which will no doubt be coming. Cheapens the look of the entire product - bad move!

Bigshot - v.nice this will get a lot of play!
Portrait - can only see the outlanes in views 2 & 3. Views 4 & 1 are just too close up.
Landscape - score obscures play making it unplayable really.
As my wife once said - "why's it so god damned big" . A smaller score positioned bottom right would be a big improvement.

Pro mode - totan table view mode, can rotate camera be performed. Couldn't find an option and it should definitely have one.
Probably a different discussion - but isn't it a bit pricey too, I don't think I'd buy many of these and I'm fairly hardcore.

Said before but......
Black Knight - plunge, hold upper rh flipper up, ball deflects off, rolls over the lh upper flipper and hits an invisible stop at upper left flipper pivot. This is incorrect.

All in - nice work. Take a couple of days off Ryan. :)

Last edited:

Carl Spiby

Feb 28, 2012
Ryan, for BETA testing to really work, we need to be more included. I know you find bugs and squash them but what you should be doing is making weekly builds for us to test, that way there's more eyes to find these bugs and give you sufficient time to implement the fixes rather than a few hours between the RC and public release.

jaredmorgs

Staff member
May 8, 2012
Ryan, for BETA testing to really work, we need to be more included. I know you find bugs and squash them but what you should be doing is making weekly builds for us to test, that way there's more eyes to find these bugs and give you sufficient time to implement the fixes rather than a few hours between the RC and public release.

+1

We're here, and available 24 hrs a day thanks to the marvels of the internets.

Really hope that Scared Stiff Crate trough bug gets corrected before go-live of DLC 7, because if it doesn't it will likely require a scoreboard reset when it gets corrected.

That, or a hasty patch after go-live if time constraints don't permit a fix.

jaredmorgs

Staff member
May 8, 2012
Found another interesting one relating to a phantom ball save light on Scared Stiff.

I achieved Scared Stiff, and noted that the EB light was flashing, so let the balls drain during the mode. The light continued to flash after the balls drained.

I was expecting to see two more balls get served up, but no. Mode over. Was devastated! At least I got to seen the manic animation that goes along with achieving this goal. Made me beam from ear to ear!

This also happened during a multi ball mode as well.

jaredmorgs

Staff member
May 8, 2012
Only played briefly......

Every time I start the game, whichever the first table (last played) is, I get the stamp telling me to buy it, despite already having done so. One quick start, and it disappears, but comes back on restart.
I wish these would be removed entirely, along with the 'go pro' ones which will no doubt be coming. Cheapens the look of the entire product - bad move!

Bigshot - v.nice this will get a lot of play!
Portrait - can only see the outlanes in views 2 & 3. Views 4 & 1 are just too close up.
Landscape - score obscures play making it unplayable really.
As my wife once said - "why's it so god damned big" . A smaller score positioned bottom right would be a big improvement.

Pro mode - totan table view mode, can rotate camera be performed. Couldn't find an option and it should definitely have one.
Probably a different discussion - but isn't it a bit pricey too, I don't think I'd buy many of these and I'm fairly hardcore.

Said before but......
Black Knight - plunge, hold upper rh flipper up, ball deflects off, rolls over the lh upper flipper and hits an invisible stop at upper left flipper pivot. This is incorrect.

All in - nice work. Take a couple of days off Ryan. :)

I have tried and failed to replicate the BK bug you describe on the TF300T. A number of times. Has anyone else got this bug to occur?

This might be crazy to suggest but are screen dimensions and pixel densities at play here?

jaredmorgs

Staff member
May 8, 2012
So you're saying I need to asterisk my Scared Stiff score, just as I did for Monster Bash? (And I will need an asterisk, because even on the real table it's very common for me to have both balls in the crate. [That sounded disturbing.])

That's what my findings suggest. Hope it is just a one-off glitch and no one else an replicate this.

jaredmorgs

Staff member
May 8, 2012
Oh and it is noted that prudish mode is enabled for Scared Stiff. Multi ball is missing "I'll get him up!" Nudge nudge wink wink. ;-)

Carl Spiby

Feb 28, 2012
Finding it difficult to track the ball on my SGS on Scared Stiff as everything merges, can the tables be a bit more contrasty?

Michael DiFilippo

Mar 26, 2012
Scared Stiff: Had an instance of plunger-cam-lock during play and couldnt resume until all balls were lost. It started from initializing Terror from the Crate. I also have encountered the camera trying to pan to the backglass for me to select with flippers, but since there is a ball in play the camera just jerks back in forth really quickly without showing the backglass.

trachea

Aug 17, 2012
Here's one that's easy to reproduce:

*Going to the store purchase screen for the pro version and backing out (not purchasing) causes the "Purchase Pro Version" menu to become unresponsive. A force close seems to be necessary to get out of the menu.

*Also, as eckless noted: all tables display the "buy now" sticker until you download and back out of one table, at which point the "buy now" stickers correctly disappear for the tables you own.

Last edited:

Ryan Routon

FarSight Employee
Feb 24, 2012
Thanks guys I appreciate the feed back, some of the complaints (namely the stamps) were a management decision. Though the bug on boot showing stamps when it shouldn't is fixed (beta flag). Keep in mind that whole menu is going to change soon so don't worry those stamps shouldn't be there i hear.

I have been told to go ahead and release what we have since there was nothing catastrophic and we will update as soon as possible.

To touch on the short beta cycle, I apologize that there was not more time like we have had in the past to beta test back and forth but as I have said Android is a small part of my programming pie the past few weeks, and will be slammed with other things for the game for about a month. I was here this weekend to make sure you guys got the build as soon as possible, but giving a build every week or so is not possible due to our dev cycle (in other words the tables were not ready for mobile until about a week ago).

But trust me you are preaching to the choir and I am hoping in the future this smooths out for both ours sakes.

Ryan Routon

FarSight Employee
Feb 24, 2012
"Tales if the Arabian Nights" (i.e., "if", not "of")...minor, but heck, let's get the bugs stomped out now. :)
* When I first loaded Pinball Arcade, every machine had a "Buy Now" stamp on it...after a brief moment of panic and playing a game, going back to the table selection screen correctly removed the "Buy Now" stamps.
But the first game of Scared Stiff was fun! Playing more now! :)

Both of these were able to be fixed without changing the build.

Ryan Routon

FarSight Employee
Feb 24, 2012
Since this thread will be locked soon any other bugs you guys find post in the new one, I am having Stephen go through and log these so that when i get back to bug fixing I can hit them more efficiently. Again sorry for the short cycle, just nature of this month's beast =(

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Members online

Latest posts

Latest posts