My first table has arrived

Sinistar

Jun 20, 2012
The sound it makes when using the switch is quite normal , my brother's 1978 Playboy does the same thing .

SKILL_SHOT

Banned
Jul 11, 2012
I read on pinside it could be a bad or loose capacitor on the sound board, and some guy makes a PCB add on you can buy.

Kevlar

Feb 20, 2012
To recap this table was sold to me with LED's fitted throughout which was obviously not the case. It's taken me a few weeks to get it sorted but supposedly the LEDs were sent to me today. To be honest I think it looks pretty amazing at it is but the guy who sold it to me owes me a set so I'm going to have a play with them this weekend assuming they come. So, here are a few before screen shots ready for comparison, the only LEDs fitted at the moment are frosted white 44's to the playfield GI's, I'll be replacing some of these with greens and blues when they come.;

IMG_0465.jpg

IMG_0466.jpg

IMG_0467.jpg

IMG_0469.jpg

Last edited:

SKILL_SHOT

Banned
Jul 11, 2012
Now you got it all back together you get to tear it apart again!:) But this time youll be faster at it. Damn so many lights on the playfield, putting LEDs under them will blow your mind although the yellow bulbs arnt that bright they should look good under yellow lenses or use a warm white for a brighter look. What you plan to do with the lighting in the headboard and does it have LED bulbs already? if not throw the GI lights up there after you take them out:) Cant wait to see what it looks like Oh! and get a before and after video too if you can.

Kevlar

Feb 20, 2012
The black line on those rounded targets will come off, kinda sticks out since everything else is so clean:)

Yeah I've yet sort them, I've done 1 bank of 3, removed, cleaned and new foam fitted. I had been waiting for the foam pads to arrive and I have them now. They'll be coming out on the weekend too.

Kevlar

Feb 20, 2012
Yeah to give them a good clean and clean the contacts too. Probably overkill I guess.

SKILL_SHOT

Banned
Jul 11, 2012
What brand are those? I see 3 pop bumper reds:) wow your table uses alot of 555's. red and blue 89's for police effect sweet. If your greens wash out detail mix in a white helps blend and separate colors, you'll see. Im excited for you! 110 I count is that right? and why do you have 1 44 style bulb with all the 555's?

Kevlar

Feb 20, 2012
The underside of the playfield is mostly 555's but has a few 44's thrown in. For instance there's 9 white rpm inserts, 8 are 555's and 1 is a 44!. It's to do with the size of the circuit boards, the 555's are on circuit boards but the 44's are in the usual separate holders. No idea what make they are, go and have a look here.

SKILL_SHOT

Banned
Jul 11, 2012
Interesting a UK based company, I bought mine from COINTAKER. I noticed the company you got bulbs from thier flex bulbs have longer wires and no lenses ontop enless thier fogged hmmm. the lenses ontop help cast light out to the sides but can be taken off then they look like yours. No lense is good under inserts but for GI it helps spread light so you dont get a single point under plastics. Now you'll have a bunch of replacements :) sow how much you pay?

Kevlar

Feb 20, 2012
The very dodgey character I bought the table from at Pinballparadise is footing the bill, however I have spend £35 upgrading to superbrights.

Alex

Aug 2, 2012
Congratulations on the purchase. More than that, congratulations on tearing it open and making it yours. That's the good part. There are always going to be problems, and solving them is special. When I realized that my Safe Cracker's drainy bank kickout was because of some mushrooming on one side and I could just file that off -- that made my week.

Unfortunately the damn thing works almost perfectly now and hardly gets dirty, so I guess I need to find another beater after this rubber change. Not sure how to explain that to my wife, especially since I can't very well sell the Safe Cracker. Where would I find another?

Members online

No members online now.

Members online

No members online now.