My first table has arrived

SKILL_SHOT

Banned
Jul 11, 2012
The best experience is HANDS ON! Like I said after the 2nd tear down you become very familiar with the table. Karl I feel ya just research the F outta it. Kev...you'll see. You'll almost be haunted with what ifs?....enless thats my OCD!:) Kev, after playing it clean you start to wonder what it was like NEW! Does it affect my score in a positive? How can I post scores if my machine is wrong...OCD Sorry:)

SKILL_SHOT

Banned
Jul 11, 2012
Im learning with you:) I think common sense goes a ways but a FUSEBALL has been farther....:) The pinball community is not a cut throat business anymore, its like a car club...you just want 2 show your toys.

Kevlar

Feb 20, 2012
I managed to take a photo that shows what I mean about the original playfield lustre having been worn away that actually makes it look much worse than it is, after taking the shot I went back and checked because it doesn't look as bad as in the photo;

img0410jq.jpg

You can clearly see the difference between the ball path and where the ball hasn't been. So will novus get it looking like that again? Its going to take days to get some novus and I want to get on with it now, is there any houshold/automotive product that does the same thing? How about T-cut? thats pretty gentle isn't it? Have to be carefull with abrasive compounds I know as there is only so much you can take off before you are down to a bare playfield. I'm still tempted to just wax it.

Last edited:

SKILL_SHOT

Banned
Jul 11, 2012
Im not sure what the grit is in Novus but I tried some Nu-finish before I got Novus#2 I didnt like the smell but maybe some scratch-X or scratch doctor for headlights Id look at those first as they are a mild abrasive made for plastic.

Kevlar

Feb 20, 2012
Borrowed a bottle of Millwax yesterday to try :D. Had a quick go with it last night and it the area looks quite nice, not back to original but good enough I think. I'm not sure its worth the trouble and effort to remove some of the surface to get it back to original so I'm just going to wax it. Bought some Autosol metal polishing paste for all the steelwork. Had a delivery of spares yesterday also, a side trim for the backglass which was missing, 5 coil sleeves and the foam pads for the standups.

Kevlar

Feb 20, 2012
Here's a before and after using Millwax, quite a difference so I'll just go with that;

img0410jq.jpg
img0415do.jpg

You can still make out where the ball has/hasn't been but its good enough for me. Now its elbow grease time! :(

SKILL_SHOT

Banned
Jul 11, 2012
That looks waaaay beter:) Use an old toothbrush to get off exces dried wax from star post and tight areas. You might want 2 micro fiber towels when handling chrome rails enless you want to finger print up what you just polished:) great job.

SKILL_SHOT

Banned
Jul 11, 2012
Im only getting 1 video of an older tabe with a wrap and much more availible parts.....TY but this site dosent help.

Kevlar

Feb 20, 2012

SKILL_SHOT

Banned
Jul 11, 2012
So many moving parts and motors if one goes so does the rest of the playability. your nightmare is the supercharger nota drack a franky ,mummy and a bride OMG! so much more work...i dont envy you sir. not yet at least.

SKILL_SHOT

Banned
Jul 11, 2012
not you kevlar...thats about as much as Id want to bite off for a first! MB no way! not enless I had previous ownership experience...NOOB!<---ME

Animator_pin_fan

Mar 4, 2012
Thanks for the link. I would kill to own a Monster Bash.
I appreciate the thank you. Sometimes I feel like I'm just talking into a void around here.
I too would kill to own a Monster Bash! But the only MB I would be able to afford would have to be a fixer upper, so yeah, that would definitely be a lot to take on for a first table. For my first pin, I'll probably end up doing what you guys did and purchase one in halfway decent/playable shape and fix it up before going into a full restoration. But since I do fabrication professionally, I'm not too afraid to get my hands dirty, it's just a question of how long of a project would I want to commit to.

Animator_pin_fan

Mar 4, 2012
A machine shop and I'd barely play pins, Oh the toys I could make!:)
Cool, you work in a machine shop?
I actually do puppet animation, but I get to work in every department, from animation, to fabrication, and even post effects. I guess for me the hobby of pinball is so enticing because, like you, I will enjoy tinkering just as much as I do playing.

SKILL_SHOT

Banned
Jul 11, 2012
No I dont, but Im a McGuyver type:) tearing things apart and learning how it works IS indeed as enjoyable as when it works because...YOU can fix it:) if it "breaks" assuming it wasnt your fault it broke. Its all a learning experience, you look for that stuff now,compared too just looking.

Kevlar

Feb 20, 2012
Just spent 2 hours polishing some of the steel ramps and guides with autosol, they came up really nice but my right hand is killing me!

Members online

No members online now.

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Latest posts