The Official Latest NEWS And INFORMATION Discussion Thread

brakel

Apr 27, 2012
The Haunted House backglass was reversed. Which means the clue is the opposite of Haunted House. What pin would be the opposite of Haunted House? That is what will be released with Tee'd Off. Hmmm

The opposite of Haunted House would be My Little Pony...but I don't think they ever made that machine! :D

Captain B. Zarre

Apr 16, 2013
SADLY... I'm a major brony and I am shocked at that. Back on topic, don't want to turn this into a "ADMIN ASLEEP POST PONIES" thread.

brakel

Apr 27, 2012
Wow. A lot of average pinball finished ahead of Eight Ball Deluxe in the Bally poll. EBD is one of my favorites so that's a little disappointing.

westofrome

Jan 29, 2013
Really surprised to see BTTF ahead of tables like Guns N' Roses, Congo, Demo Man, Stargate and Johnny Mnemonic.

Bummed JackBot missed the top 10 in Williams by 1 vote. Banzai run not far behind. I agree that the top 20 in Williams would probably be preferable to most Gottleib tables.

Black Rose at #1 is kind of a shocker. Was probably helped by the old "first on the ballot" tendency.

Mick Morry

Jun 9, 2013
Indy topping the premium license poll makes me smile.

Me too. :) I am also glad to see Guns And Roses make it into the top 10 of it's list too.

I also was sad about JackBot. You are not alone. Many of us want it. The trilogy must be completed to be fair after giving us the other two.

sotie

Aug 30, 2012
It is an utterly fantastic list. Proof all us pinballers are on the same page. I voted for 95% of all the tables selected. I also liked the other 5% and have no issue with them winning as I would have selected them too if I had been allowed just 2 more votes for each voting poll. :)

Hmm, just because you voted for 95% isn't "proof all us pinballers are on the same page". There were 30 tables in each poll and unless the bottom 20 tables only garnered 5% of the vote then your statement is incorrect.

I just sat down in front of my pc for the first time today and I haven't even looked at the results yet but I'm sure most of the tables I voted for didn't make it. I concentrated most of my votes throughout the polls on tables made in the late 70's-early 80's because there are some great one's out there that aren't going to get much love here. Seems most people here want newer tables with toys.

smbhax

Apr 24, 2012
Yeah what these polls have taught me is that my tastes in pinball are very different from the majority of people here. ; D

Robbied13

May 31, 2012
I noticed Checkpoint finished with 109 votes and placed 10th, Viper Night Drivin' finished with 119 and didn't make it in. (Was hoping VND would make the cut)!

These polls are always fun, season 2 will for certain have a lot of great tables to look forward to.

Great job PinWiz as always.

Mick Morry

Jun 9, 2013
Then allow us 95% Percenters to enjoy our first win over the 5% er club then. The 5% er club is not looking so fun all of a sudden.

Sorry....had too sotie. You left that one totally open. :)

Seriously now....all that happened in the polls is we saw that the popularity is nearly identical to all the other polls for popularity on the web. There are dozens and dozens of top pin lists and they for the most part pretty much echo one another. They vary a bit with placement in their list of where a table is in their top 100, 200, 300 lists. However they do pretty much show up on every list. Monster Bash will be 4 on one list and 2 on another and 15 on another, but they all pretty much have that table on them all. So we kind of already knew what was going to win. It's just the placement number on the list that is the surprise for pretty much all of us.

I still say it's a great list. Yes I would like another 60 tables that didn't make it on those lists to be included. We all do. There in lies the problem. What do you include, and what do you leave out? I say produce the top 200 pins of all time so we all pretty much are happy in the end. However the final call will come from TPA on how many pinball tables we get in the end. If it is a 100 and not one single more...what do you really pick? I in all reality would have a very difficult time just picking 100 tables. There are I think 400-500 tables out there that would be wonderful as a video game version, but practicality, serviceability, and maintenance over many platforms, and you get an idea of what FarSight has to keep up with. Every table they make puts another workload on them. It makes you wonder if it would be possible to do over 100 tables?

It's easy for us to ask and beg and plead for table after table. However it is FarSight Studios that has to produce and keep up with all the bugs, programing, support, coding, marketing and all the other issues and duties that come with producing video games. So in the end it really comes down to what can we all live without, and what must we have no matter what on TPA?

TPA is in the unique position of having nearly all the best table franchise licenses. They do not want to squander this. They need to put out the most Epic tables they can. Most of us are truly from the age of pinball. That latest poll shows we are mostly 30-55 years of age. So around half of us are truly old enough to have seen most of the best machines of all time. I go back to playing 1960's and early 1970's machines, but do I want a ton of them on TPA? HELL NO! Give me a more modern table like Monster Bash or Star Trek The Next Gen any day. I want massive replay value, eye candy, sound, BLING...BLING! You are not going to get bling, bling out of a 1971 Gottlieb table. So a ton of people are voting with their hearts. My heart says I want to play the most complex tables out there. So I have been voting for the most complex tables ever created. I think a lot of us are doing this.

We do need some of the older machines, but we also do not want to miss out on having the tables like The Adams Family, Family Guy, Simpsons, The Party Zone, Corvette and all the other tables that wow us with features. So the more complex tables will win out nearly every single time. Even us older crew can't resist voting for them. The funny thing is the older guys want the newer tables and the younger guys want tables older than them. A little proof we want to play what we didn't get to play that much. I noticed comments in the polls and members I knew were younger kept saying I have not ever played that table...so I voted for it. us older guys want the tables we played the most, and were most addicted to. For me that is the tables from the late 80's up to the late 90's. Those were the tables that captivated me the most.

To each their own.

It all just kills time, and very effectively at that...if I may say so. :) Lastly....all polls are jaded. They always have been and always will be. They only show and prove so much. Results go against the grain very often from what a poll dictates is going to happen. Chaos theory, and a bit of Murphy's Law. :)

PiN WiZ

Mod & Forum Superstar
Staff member
Feb 22, 2012
I noticed Checkpoint finished with 109 votes and placed 10th, Viper Night Drivin' finished with 119 and didn't make it in. (Was hoping VND would make the cut)!

These polls are always fun, season 2 will for certain have a lot of great tables to look forward to.

Great job PinWiz as always.

I had a feeling I was going to do something like that on at least one of the polls. Thanks for the heads up...correction has been made and Bobby will be notified immediately. Sorry guys...my mistake.

Last edited:

Tokyo Rose

Jul 13, 2012
I suspect that these polls, if used at all by FS in the way some posters seem to be imagining, will be a guide as to what NOT to go after in terms of purchase or development rather than what is likely to be next or even soon on the production line. If they have a machine on site, that made say the top 5 or 10, and they feel it a worthy project to emulate to a degree that they can be satisfied with, then they will. I believe that the same reasoning would go into their purchasing too. Thus, the 'winners' are not by any means a guaranteed build anytime soon at all,imo, but that doesn't bother me in the least. Just keep 'em coming and I'll buy them .:D

Last edited:

Mick Morry

Jun 9, 2013
I was praying for Viper Night Drivin'. OMG that table is unbelievable! I played it in a very dark arcade and it was the most mind blowing table I think I ever had the pleasure of playing. Might have been the adult refreshments, but I still say it was the table itself. :)

I like hearing this. I was shocked it didn't make the cut. It is my most wanted table of all the tables shown in all the polls.

Members online

No members online now.

Members online

No members online now.