The Official Latest NEWS And INFORMATION Discussion Thread

SKILL_SHOT

Banned
Jul 11, 2012
LATEST NEWS! TPA FANS are getting unrueley and impatient it seems the seams of this community could be unraveling before our very eyes, SKILL...SHOT TPA FAN back to you

Dinosaur Toy

Sep 10, 2012
He plays on both PS3 and vita.

Where did he say he would like to play on a platform that works better? Point that one out. Plus I don't know where I misunderstood him. He seems to want to play the newest tables right here, right now. That's just being impatient.

I've been following Farsight and Pinball Hall of Fame / Pinball Arcade since Playstation 2.

Like a lot of fans of Farsight for that long, I've gone ahead and supported them out of goodwill precisely because they're small and lack the resources of larger developers.

My questions are reasonable. Plenty of people are asking them, and I don't think they're ignorant. I would submit that much of Farsight's communication with the public (and their paying customers) comes across as late and vague; while there are sometimes decent reasons for their inconsistencies and continual delays, those reasons seem to come out months (sometimes nearly a year) after the fact.

I switched to using Android, for now, because the Vita support is buggy with issues from launch tables still not addressed. Nothing to do with impatience for new tables; but problems with stuff I already paid for over six months ago. As for wanting "new tables" there is a difference between impatience for a new novelty and frustration that the specific item you already waited patiently for, for a long time, is continually delayed.

xAzatothx

Sep 22, 2012
People are passionate about pinball and PA, that passion translates into some of these outbursts. It shows people genuinely care.

Rudy

Sep 13, 2012
Right, I've decided to write down a little list of what we could be expecting in 2013 (because Pin*Wiz hasn't updated the confirmed tables for a while)

Attack From Mars
Cactus Canyon
Dr. Dude
Firepower
Genie
Pin*Bot
Space Shuttle
Victory
8 Ball Deluxe
Centeaur
Fireball
Champion Pub (*unconfirmed officially*)

Now THAT is a meaty list, and with the possibility of Terminator 2 (providing that the kickstarter works) and maybe some other *cough* surprises if Farsight's new publisher is in possession of some licenses who have conveniently done pinball tables then you're looking at a very good collection of tables (that could rival 2012's tables)

PiN WiZ

Mod & Forum Superstar
Staff member
Feb 22, 2012
Right, I've decided to write down a little list of what we could be expecting in 2013 (because Pin*Wiz hasn't updated the confirmed tables for a while)

Attack From Mars
Cactus Canyon
Dr. Dude
Firepower
Genie
Pin*Bot
Space Shuttle
Victory
8 Ball Deluxe
Centeaur
Fireball
Champion Pub (*unconfirmed officially*)

Now THAT is a meaty list, and with the possibility of Terminator 2 (providing that the kickstarter works) and maybe some other *cough* surprises if Farsight's new publisher is in possession of some licenses who have conveniently done pinball tables then you're looking at a very good collection of tables (that could rival 2012's tables)

The last four tables you listed have yet to be confirmed, but I assure you that the announced tables on the tables chart in the News thread is up to date as of today. Once the Bally poll is done, I'll add the winning table to the chart as well.

brakel

Apr 27, 2012
The last four tables you listed have yet to be confirmed, but I assure you that the announced tables on the tables chart in the News thread is up to date as of today. Once the Bally poll is done, I'll add the winning table to the chart as well.

The poll is to merely determine which is made first. That is a way to say that all three are being made.

Pinballwiz45b

Aug 12, 2012
"We were hoping to get Twilight Zone released before the holidays, but it will about a month longer. There are currently 8 different packages for the Pinball Arcade in submission for the PS3 and PSVita versions at SCEA and SCEE. In addition to the Twilight Zone table and the Table Pack that includes Scared Stiff and Big Shot – Sony Format QA is currently testing the Pro Versions of Medieval Madness, Scared Stiff, Tales, and Twilight Zone. The TZ custom ball is also in test.
The scheduled release dates that we currently have from Sony range from January 22, 2013 to February 13, 2013. We’re sorry for the additional wait. The Star Trek:TNG table will be submitted along with the January table pack shortly. Hopefully, the testing cycle will be quicker now that we’re out of the holiday rush.

In other news:
The TZ table was released today on Amazon for Android devices. The Star Trek: TNG update will be submitted tomorrow. Amazon does not allow two simultaneous updates in submission at the same time.
Also, we are sincerely hoping that Apple will finish their review of the Free version of our app for iOS and approve it before the weekend is over."

(taken from TPA Facebook page)

dtown8532

Apr 10, 2012
The PS3 pics look really good. TZ doesn't have that pinkish tint to it anymore and none of them look faded like NGG, HD and Taxi. Can't wait for the release.

"January table pack" Ooooooo....AFM and Space Shuttle? ;)

DaPinballWizard

Apr 16, 2012
I wish they would announce what the next pack will be. I think it should be a 4 pack. Release a 4 pack at the beginning of each year. One can wish. Fish Tales, AFM, Cactus Canyon and Flight 2000 sounds good to me.

Metalzoic

Jun 8, 2012
"There are currently 8 different packages for the Pinball Arcade in submission for the PS3 and PSVita versions at SCEA and SCEE. In addition to the Twilight Zone table and the Table Pack that includes Scared Stiff and Big Shot – Sony Format QA is currently testing the Pro Versions of Medieval Madness, Scared Stiff, Tales, and Twilight Zone. The TZ custom ball is also in test.
The scheduled release dates that we currently have from Sony range from January 22, 2013 to February 13, 2013.

8 packs? I didn't realize there were that many more tables incoming... I'm just hoping and praying that the Vita version gets massive fixes in the patch coming with TZ.

Sumez

Nov 19, 2012
Twilight Zone looks like it will look a lot better once they make it possible to play the game with a darker settings.

The table has really bright colors IRL, so I guess I can't complain about that. :)

Sumez

Nov 19, 2012
Where did you see these pics?

66434_509091482445250_1423268903_n.jpg

735095_509090565778675_1762824997_n.jpg

66491_509091435778588_2114370371_n.jpg

68959_509091439111921_1031280362_n.jpg

Sean

Jun 13, 2012
I'm very much hoping this is a preview of what the Wii U version will be like - minus the on-screen DMD!

Attack from Mars and Space Shuttle sounds like a good way to start the year to me.

Members online

Members online

Latest posts

Latest posts