iOS Version 1.2.3 Feedback And Discussion

Status
Not open for further replies.

Mike

Feb 24, 2012
AFM is awesome. A lot like medieval madness which I love. My (kickstarter) Star Trek disappeared though. After restarting ipad2, STTNG is now in the "new tables" menu and it wants me to re-buy it.

Mark W**a

Banned
Sep 7, 2012
Oh my God dude I'm blown away.

Genie is sick! Now this is what I call a wide body game done right. So much to do its like wow, awesome oldschool design right here. Absolutely nailed the slower speed too, that you would expect.

AfM speaks for itself.

But the surprise here are the flipper physics. Live catches and cradle separations should now be possible.

Sean

Jun 13, 2012
Great update. Love the portrait mode and Genie feels a lot better than the console release did. Attack from Mars is brilliant. Very pleased to see my kickstarter tables are still there. Hopefully the minor issues in Circus Voltaire, Black Hole and Scare Stiff can get addressed in the next update or two (and I'm still hoping for Black Knight emulation as well), but for now I've got some new table goals to address!

PiN WiZ

Mod & Forum Superstar
Staff member
Feb 22, 2012
Please post your iOS version 1.2.3 feedback here!

If you want to report bugs or other problems with this version, please use THIS THREAD and follow the guidelines in the first post.

Mark W**a

Banned
Sep 7, 2012
New flipper physics are fantastic.

New interface is fine, works in portrait that's what was needed.

Both tables are fantastic. Selling pro mode for both tables for only 3 extra bucks is also nice.

All around great update I'm very pleased.

dtown8532

Apr 10, 2012
Just put a couple games in on AFM and Genie. Both look and play spectacularly! Well done. Makes me even more anxious for the ps3 versions. Nothing bad to report at this time. Playing on iPad Mini and iPhone 4s.

Kolchak357

Senior Pigeon
May 31, 2012
Oh my God dude I'm blown away.

Genie is sick! Now this is what I call a wide body game done right. So much to do its like wow, awesome oldschool design right here. Absolutely nailed the slower speed too, that you would expect.

AfM speaks for itself.

But the surprise here are the flipper physics. Live catches and cradle separations should now be possible.

During the beta someone said that Genie felt like three tables that got smashed together. Can't remember who said it, but I think that hits the nail on the head. It is so good.

ND3G

Feb 25, 2012
At first I thought something was wrong with Mars Attacks, it takes a bit getting used to proper physics again. :p

Mark W**a

Banned
Sep 7, 2012
Minor complaints about attack:

Kickout is a little slow. On a real machine it blasts out that hole very quickly.

Flipper rubber could be a bit bouncier. It feels a little dull here like old worn flippers.

That's RUBBER not the flippers themselves! Right of the bat, first thing I noticed was improved flipper physics (you can reflip mid flip meaning cradle separations and drop catches should now be possible).

Now this is what I call an update. Big improvement Farsight really pulling their crap together.

Mark W**a

Banned
Sep 7, 2012
During the beta someone said that Genie felt like three tables that got smashed together. Can't remember who said it, but I think that hits the nail on the head. It is so good.

I mean. Honestly like. Wow.

This table really defines the term wide body. It's HUGE! And the way it's designed it just, well IMO it at least gives the illusion that its wider than TZ and STTNG , even though technically they are the same size. So strange.

Honestly I've never played a wide body ever, when I heard about them THIS is what I was imagining in my head, whereas STTNG and TZ just felt like regular sized machines to me...

And this is a freaking EM. Imagine a design similar to this, but more modern.

Genie really turned my world upside down regarding EMs. I like this better than half the modern tables so far.

Fungi

Feb 20, 2012
After playing STTNG for so long, it's nice playing a table that doesn't punish you for not being perfect.

pinbot

Aug 12, 2012
excellent new tables. my only major remaining issues are the black hole graphic problems and the ngg ramps. Also, the main menu screen could use some help graphically.

Now that my frustration has subsided i am quite happy with the additions and changes. thank you, but please fix the old problems as well as improving gameplay on some of the older tables like harley davidson and elvira and the pms

Fungi

Feb 20, 2012
AFM is awesome, but the Strobe Multiball really lost something in the translation.

Mark W**a

Banned
Sep 7, 2012
AFM is awesome, but the Strobe Multiball really lost something in the translation.

I think people should keep their expectations in line, this is the mobile version after all.

If they can't even get transparent ramps on some of the tables due to technical limitations, I doubt we're going to see high end lighting effects. Unless they want to cripple older platforms like iPhone 3G, Ipad 2 etc.

And if my experience is anything to go by they have enough trouble as it is keeping a steady framerate on older androids.

Who said anything about expectations. I was stating a fact. I didn't say "WTF happened to my strobe lighting?! One star until it's fixed FarSight!" Please don't confuse me with dem Facebookers.

Lol I feel ya man. Sorry. It sounded like u were expecting it, I misread.

Last edited:

Fungi

Feb 20, 2012
I think people should keep their expectations in line, this is the mobile version after all.

Who said anything about expectations. I was stating a fact. I didn't say "WTF happened to my strobe lighting?! One star until it's fixed FarSight!" Please don't confuse me with dem Facebookers.

DaPinballWizard

Apr 16, 2012
Farsight is hitting on all cylinders now. They are running like a fine machine. The new tables are SWEET. They have been releasing on schedule again, if not early. The quality and love put into it shows. I can't wait to play TPA tables for PC on a Virtuapin setup. Keep up the great work.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

No members online now.

Members online

No members online now.