iOS Version 1.2.3 Feedback And Discussion

Status
Not open for further replies.

Björn Wessman

Sep 4, 2012
Attack from Mars is ridiculously fast on the latest iPad. It's like it's playing twice the speed it should. Harley was crazy fast but not near this table...

David Smith

Feb 28, 2012
I like the speed of AFM. It feels like a freshly-cleaned table, and makes for a more interesting challenge.

an ox

May 28, 2012
Really enjoying AFM. All the mooing and frequent talk of cows is particularly pleasing.

Sean DonCarlos

Staff member
Mar 17, 2012
Attack from Mars is ridiculously fast on the latest iPad. It's like it's playing twice the speed it should. Harley was crazy fast but not near this table...
It seemed fine on the iPad 3. A well-maintained real AFM can be stunningly fast, especially if the outer loops are open and the ball can go screaming around the back of the table and down the other side.

CC13

Sep 1, 2012
Can someone clarify a small issue for me? According to both this forum and FarSight's FB post on this month's iOS update, AFM/Genie is Tables Pack #8; however, according to the app itself (when you go to purchase this month's tables) and FarSight's post on the Mac update, AFM/Genie is Tables Pack #10. I had previously thought that single-table releases were being numbered separately from multi-table ones—is this no longer the case?

farmerjohn

Jun 16, 2012
The Jet Bumpers on AFM are really getting on my nerves ;)
Especially when the ball moves through them, even touching the bumpers, but they simply don't engage.
Is it this hard to get Super Jets on a real machine?

Arcflup

May 19, 2012
Attack from Mars is ridiculously fast on the latest iPad. It's like it's playing twice the speed it should. ,,,.

Nope. I'm playing on ipad 4 and the speed is correct. A good AFM really is that fast :D

The Jet Bumpers on AFM are really getting on my nerves ;)
Especially when the ball moves through them, even touching the bumpers, but they simply don't engage.
Is it this hard to get Super Jets on a real machine?

No, the jets are piss poor compared to a real AFM.

Sean DonCarlos

Staff member
Mar 17, 2012
Especially when the ball moves through them, even touching the bumpers, but they simply don't engage. Is it this hard to get Super Jets on a real machine?
It happens occasionally that a ball will slip through to the scoop without hitting the bumpers on the real table, but not nearly as often as it happens on TPA. Either FarSight's real AFM has lazy bumpers that need to be repaired, or something's gone wrong in the collision detection in the bumper area.

Mark W**a

Banned
Sep 7, 2012
Came here to post about the jets on AfM. Seems I'm not alone.

This is a problem that needs addressed. Not sure if its appropriate for glitch thread. But I hope devs are aware.

Andassaran

Sep 6, 2012
Is it just me or does it seem like the sound overall sounds like poo? Like its not 44.1khz 16 bit audio but rather 22khz 16 bit and slightly over compressed. The android and Xbox versions have MUCH higher fidelity audio on all tables. This is on an iPhone 5, OS 6.1

Worf

Aug 12, 2012
The original pin audio is quite low - on the non-DCS table, if you're lucky it'll probably be 11/22 kHz at 8-bit. On DCS, it's 32kHz/16bit. It's quite likely iOS doesn't support those rates because well, it's kinda ancient and little used - most will be using 44.1kHz, or 48kHz audio. So the audio would have to be resampled...

Andassaran

Sep 6, 2012
See that's the thing. They ALL sound like they're downsampled. Even the DCS tables like Monster Bash sounds like its been downsampled to 22.1khz 8 bit

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

No members online now.

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Latest posts