Have Farsight acknowledged the leaderboard scores problem?

Mark Miwurdz

Apr 7, 2012
The other topic title is too vague and doesn't mention the problem in the title. It needs it's own dedicated topic. Let this be it.

Clawhammer

Nov 1, 2012
I think the OP is referring to scores not registering on the leaderboards for the past week, rather than faulty scores. I could be wrong though.

Advalle

Jul 18, 2012
My scores are not posting, thats cost a 10billion on CFTBL and 8billion on BOP.

I think they should make an offline submitting function, that way there wont be any worries about their servers

Ccavsman

Feb 11, 2013
Its been a week since this problem started. Glad to see another thread open. We'll see what Farsights gonna do. Yes, the problem is scores not posting to the leadeboard.... plain and simple.

Bazzy

Feb 16, 2013
They did promise that something would be done about the fraudulent score posting that is taking place, but no action as yet. Meanwhile my improved leaderboard scores have not updated for a week or more.

Last edited:

9u1d0

Jan 7, 2013
After each game it is showing 'updating' so all scores are posted. Maybe all posts to the leaderboard server are being logged but not actually written to the LB. In that case FS can still process all posted scores from that log and nothing will be lost only delayed.

Pop Sergeant

Jul 26, 2012
I sent an email to steve@farsightstudios.com about 3 or 4 days ago and he replied that he was off sick but would forward my email to bobby. I sugest everyone email them.

I agree. Maybe if enough do, we'll get an acknowledgement.

I emailed support@pinballarcade.com last night and at least got an auto-reply so the email was received to whatever they use as a client. I politely asked if they would be willing to acknowledge that they are aware of the problem, even if they have "no comment" on a solution, and mentioned the many fans on this site as having commented on it for several days.

Clawhammer

Nov 1, 2012
I emailed support@pinballarcade.com last night and at least got an auto-reply so the email was received to whatever they use as a client. I politely asked if they would be willing to acknowledge that they are aware of the problem, even if they have "no comment" on a solution, and mentioned the many fans on this site as having commented on it for several days.

I sent a very similar email, including a link to this thread.

marc.vandeveer

Dec 20, 2012
Same problem here, leaderboards not updating for individual tables and HoF total points, but they do show up in the friends tab and gamecenter total points. Left a 1.1B score on scared stiff and Roy Wils hit 157B on attack from mars. Hope when they fix they migrate the scores from the friends tab over to table overall tab as well.

phreaker47

Jul 15, 2012
Ah, damn... now I get it. I scored 378,000 on Big Shot last night and it didn't post. It does show up on the "Friends" high score list though, so maybe anything we've scored in the last few days will eventually post when it's fixed?

smbhax

Apr 24, 2012
I wouldn't count on any missed scores moving into the leaderboard later--it has never worked that way.

I suppose it's possible that their system just has a big set of leaderboard update requests queued up waiting to get through...but it seems more likely that they've just been lost.

angrytilter

Jan 20, 2013
Upon further inspection, it does appear I'm also affected by this... My Firepower score shows as 97,220, but it's definitely more than that.

Mar 9, 2012
I wouldn't count on any missed scores moving into the leaderboard later--it has never worked that way.

I suppose it's possible that their system just has a big set of leaderboard update requests queued up waiting to get through...but it seems more likely that they've just been lost.

Ya.. it doesn't sync like that.. as soon as it connects it should auto-sync your highscores of all tables you own.. even if you played it while offline.. but its never done that.

phreaker47

Jul 15, 2012
I think they did, actually--I see him at the top of only two leaderboards now, and wasn't he on more than that a little while ago?

I don't know about what else, but he has 100 million on both Taxi and Big Shot, still.

You could almost believe that's possible on Taxi, but posting that on Big Shot is a dead giveaway.

xAzatothx

Sep 22, 2012
pleeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeease can we have an update from FarSight on the leaderboard issue today?

Members online

No members online now.

Members online

No members online now.