Bug iOS Version 1.2.7 Bugs

Status
Not open for further replies.

PiN WiZ

Mod & Forum Superstar
Staff member
Feb 22, 2012
This thread is for posting bugs for iOS version 1.2.7 ONLY (new bugs as well as lingering issues that haven't been fixed). If you want to post general feedback or comments, then please use THIS THREAD instead. Anything posted here that is not a bug will be moved or deleted.

When posting a bug, please use the following format:

Device/OS:

Bug Description:

Steps To Reproduce:

Frequency:

Additional Comments:

Please also remember to email any bugs you find to support@pinballarcade.com

Thank you!

Stormchild

Jun 24, 2012
Well, I appreciate the attempt to fix the launch button problem on ST:TNG, but unfortunately it looks like it's just another half-assed "fix". Sure, the button is moved, but now there's a big dead zone where it used to be, so the situation is now even worse than before (there's still a big area that eats taps and doesn't trigger the flippers, but now you can't even see where it is).

Disappointing (but not surprising at all) that FarSight would go to the trouble of moving the button, but not spend two seconds testing whether it actually resolved the problem.

FarSight should change its name to FacePalm.

PiN WiZ

Mod & Forum Superstar
Staff member
Feb 22, 2012
Well, I appreciate the attempt to fix the launch button problem on ST:TNG, but unfortunately it looks like it's just another half-assed "fix". Sure, the button is moved, but now there's a big dead zone where it used to be, so the situation is now even worse than before (there's still a big area that eats taps and doesn't trigger the flippers, but now you can't even see where it is).

Disappointing (but not surprising at all) that FarSight would go to the trouble of moving the button, but not spend two seconds testing whether it actually resolved the problem.

FarSight is aware of the dead zone bug and a fix will be included with the Centaur/Pin•Bot update.

DeeEff

Feb 28, 2013
Don't forget the launch button action bug, where each tap activates the right flipper and then the launch function...

PW, do you know if FS has this tagged for a fix as well?

Shaneus

Mar 26, 2012
Don't forget the launch button action bug, where each tap activates the right flipper and then the launch function...

Just noticed it now, because every time I wanted to launch with lock, it launched with whatever the next one was :/

PiN WiZ

Mod & Forum Superstar
Staff member
Feb 22, 2012

Yes, this bug was reported and acknowledged at the same time as the dead zone bug and should be fixed in the next update as well.

LurkerCreep

Apr 26, 2012

And since the launch button also activates the right flipper, it also advances the skill shot selection by 1. So, if you were trying to launch the ball with 'Light Lock', you'll actually get 'Warp 4'. The same thing happens when you need to choose a mission. I see what happened... when they moved the launch button, they forgot to fill in the 'hole' in the right flipper activation mesh (??) where the launch button was and then forgot to carve out a new hole in the new button location. Both issues should be rather simple to resolve.

MJFox

May 18, 2012
Device/OS: iPad3/iOS6.1.2

Bug Description: when the app tries to save the highscore (at the end of a game) "updating..." appears and then the app crashes

Steps To Reproduce: finish a game on any table

Frequency: always on every table

Additional Comments: one of those crashes even wiped out all my local highscores, goals and hall of fame scores (luckily I had a backup)

this totally breaks the game for me :(

Last edited:
R

Rhandos

Device/OS: iPhone 4S/iOs 6.1.3

Bug Description: Event cameras are turned off by default

Steps To Reproduce: Update the game to the latest version. Play any table. Look at the options screen.

Frequency: Always

Additional Comments: I don't think this is intentional. Shouldn't the event camera, a major feature of the game, stay turned on by default? The default value in this update is "off". Maybe turn it on again by default in the next update then let people who don't like it decide?

smooverr

Oct 28, 2012

Just found this myself. Honestly, there is NO reason that should have been missed. Either they proved that they don't test their products or that they do and just could care less.

I know serious pinheads that have stopped buying tables due to all of the bugs. Come on farsight, this is SO basic, just get it right.

Sean DonCarlos

Staff member
Mar 17, 2012
Shouldn't the event camera, a major feature of the game, stay turned on by default? The default value in this update is "off". Maybe turn it on again by default in the next update then let people who don't like it decide?
The event camera causes a lot of bugs for most people, including TZ's gumball machine camera issue, Dr. Dude's mixmaster camera issue, etc. Pretty much wherever that camera has been used in the past, there's been at least one thread posted here by someone who had it get stuck. So it was decided the event camera would be off by default, at least until the camera problems can get fixed.

Kolchak357

Senior Pigeon
May 31, 2012

I sort of caused this problem. I brought up the subject of moving the button near the end of the last beta test. The FS team put in the change just before the submission deadline. This left little to no time to test it properly. They were just trying to give us what we asked for. I should have brought the issue up earlier in the beta session. The FS team could have told me it will have to wait for the next beta, but they went out of their way to put in a last minute change. Please don't hammer them for trying to make a better product. This error certainly wasn't intentional.

sotie

Aug 30, 2012
I sort of caused this problem. I brought up the subject of moving the button near the end of the last beta test. The FS team put in the change just before the submission deadline. This left little to no time to test it properly. They were just trying to give us what we asked for. I should have brought the issue up earlier in the beta session. The FS team could have told me it will have to wait for the next beta, but they went out of their way to put in a last minute change. Please don't hammer them for trying to make a better product. This error certainly wasn't intentional.

I don't think anyone thinks that it was intentional and it certainly wasn't your fault. All changes should be tested (on all devices) to avoid these types of issues.

Andassaran

Sep 6, 2012
Device: iPhone 5 / iOS 6.1.4
Table: space shuttle
Frequency: always
Bug: player 1s score display on the back glass is upside down... The in game counter is correct but when the camera flies out in the attract mode it's noticeable.

Fungi

Feb 20, 2012
And since the launch button also activates the right flipper, it also advances the skill shot selection by 1. So, if you were trying to launch the ball with 'Light Lock', you'll actually get 'Warp 4'. The same thing happens when you need to choose a mission. I see what happened... when they moved the launch button, they forgot to fill in the 'hole' in the right flipper activation mesh (??) where the launch button was and then forgot to carve out a new hole in the new button location. Both issues should be rather simple to resolve.

"You only moved the headstones!" -Poltergeist

norbert26

Apr 21, 2013
space shuttle
ipad mini iOS 6.1.3
high scores are still not saving
after you finish playing and try to save a high score it is still lost on screen exit.

sotie

Aug 30, 2012
space shuttle
ipad mini iOS 6.1.3
high scores are still not saving
after you finish playing and try to save a high score it is still lost on screen exit.

I was able to successfully save a Space Shuttle high score on my iPad Mini with iOS 6.1.3.

fenderbendr

Dec 1, 2012
Device/OS: IPod touch 4g/iOS 6.1.2

Bug Description:
Pressing the "start" button on Funhouse and Circus Voltaire constantly make the app crash to the homescreen

Steps To Reproduce:
Select either FH or CV and press the "start" button to begin a game, and the app should crash to the homescreen.

Frequency:
This happens 99% of the time.

Additional Comments:
This bug has been happening for at least four months now and is getting quite annoying as I can't play these tables at all.

DopedToInfinity

Mar 31, 2012
Device/OS: iPad 2 iOS 6.13

Bug Description: With event cam off, as the ball leaves the mixmaster on Dr Dude, the camera briefly tries to zoom out before correcting itself.

Steps To Reproduce: Shoot the ball into the mixmaster on Dr Dude.

Frequency: 100%

Additional Comments: it's not a biggie, just thought I'd report it

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

No members online now.

Members online

No members online now.