Bug Firepower "Unlimited Millions" (game breaking bug) video link

spoonman

Apr 20, 2012
Heres another bug in Firepower where you can basically get any score you want.

I got bored at 4,000,000 (on the first ball) and quit.

Don't worry, I didn't upload this score to the Leaderboards, though if I had I would have snagged the #1 position.

These bugs are really bumming me out.
I had a great score going on this table (900k+ on the first ball) before the bug.

What really concerns me is Farsight's total lack of damage control on the PS3 tables.
They aren't fixing them, nor are they even replying about them.

ROTTEN

Jun 27, 2012
What really concerns me is Farsight's total lack of damage control on the PS3 tables.

Then why do you buy them? I stopped buying the DLC's a while back because of this. I completely deleted TPA from my HD. Every now and then I check in to see if anything has changed, but it seems it's just getting worse.

brakel

Apr 27, 2012
Heres another bug in Firepower where you can basically get any score you want.

I got bored at 4,000,000 (on the first ball) and quit.

Don't worry, I didn't upload this score to the Leaderboards, though if I had I would have snagged the #1 position.

These bugs are really bumming me out.
I had a great score going on this table (900k+ on the first ball) before the bug.

If this is the bug that I know of the only way to stop it is to quit so you can't get any score you want.

smbhax

Apr 24, 2012
Yeah, the top of the FP leaderboard didn't look too out of whack the last time I checked it.

shogun00

Dec 25, 2012
From my experience, that bug appears when you max out the EOB bonus. It's something I don't do often, so I've only ran into it twice so far.

Last edited:

Tron

Jul 8, 2012
Then why do you buy them? I stopped buying the DLC's a while back because of this. I completely deleted TPA from my HD. Every now and then I check in to see if anything has changed, but it seems it's just getting worse.

Exactly the same here. Stopped after AFM/Genie, wish I had stopped sooner. People are now buying these packs willingly knowing they are going to come with issues every time.

Every new pack presents a few glitches or graphical discrepancies snowballing into a host of technical and graphical problems on many tables. So many so that it would take a mammoth - if possible at all task to fix everything that's wrong. That said they have stated themselves no fixes were possible on the PS3.

If more voted with their wallets instead of sucking up any old tosh' maybe we would see a better product on the PS3.

spoonman

Apr 20, 2012

I buy them because I enjoy pinball and I don't have many other options.

If the same tables came out on Zen then I would buy them there, but they aren't.

ER777

Sep 8, 2012
If this is the bug that I know of the only way to stop it is to quit so you can't get any score you want.

I wonder if Sean DonCarlos is aware of this for the master list. There are a couple similar bugs in the list but they don't specifically mention maxing out the bonus or that its on the PS3 version. I think this is worth adding this or expanding on either 24-004 or 24-005 if this fits in with one of those.

http://digitalpinballfans.com/showthread.php/3861-Master-Issues-List-Firepower

Last edited:

spoonman

Apr 20, 2012
I wonder if Sean DonCarlos is aware of this for the master list. There are a couple similar bugs in the list but they don't specifically mention maxing out the bonus or that its on the PS3 version. I think this is worth adding this or expanding on either 24-004 or 24-005 if this fits in with one of those.

http://digitalpinballfans.com/showthread.php/3861-Master-Issues-List-Firepower

He seems to really only be focusing on the Android/iOS ports.
Keeping the post locked makes it hard to help out.

I've encountered this bug 3 times now on the PS3 version and I'm officially done with playing this table.
Farsight either needs to make these games playable or let us delete them off the menu.

Both Firepower and Black Knight are amazing pinball tables that deserve way more than this!

Firepower also has the bug where it gets stuck in plunger cam.

Farsight hasn't responded to a single bug I've submitted to them.
I guess they are busy trying to fix the Kickstarter code mess up, which proves they need more people working on this stuff.

spoonman

Apr 20, 2012
Most tables have that--setting the "Multiball camera" option back to "On" usually fixes them.

Yeah, but then you get locked on other camera angles while playing.
There's only so much the player can do when the tables are riddled with bugs.

Last edited:

ROTTEN

Jun 27, 2012
If more voted with their wallets instead of sucking up any old tosh' maybe we would see a better product on the PS3.

Absolutely. Why complain if you know what was going to happen before you bought it. Don't buy this trash until it gets fixed. I'm spending more time lately playing quality games that are made by studios that listen to their customers and fix important issues. I'm really tired of supporting studios that do nothing to improve their product on specific platforms. That being said, I do drop by here on occasion hoping things change for the better.

smbhax

Apr 24, 2012
Yeah, but then you get locked on other camera angles while playing.
There's only so much the player can do when the tables are riddled with bugs.

If you mean multiball cam switches to a different angle than single-ball play, you can set the multiball cam to the same number as the one you use for single-ball play, and from that point it will be seamless--unless of course you're used to switching cameras all the time, in which case yeah this workaround probably wouldn't work that well for you.

Sean DonCarlos

Staff member
Mar 17, 2012
I am aware, but thanks for the reminder. The master issues lists go on the back burner while there's an iOS beta going on. The more bugs I find in the beta, the less I have to report later. I'll try to squeeze some time in tomorrow to add this and other issues.

Last edited:

ER777

Sep 8, 2012
I am aware, but thanks for the reminder. The master issues lists go on the back burner while there's an iOS beta going on. The more bugs I find in the beta, the less I have to report later. I'll try to squeeze some time in tomorrow to add this and other issues.

Thank you - and that's completely understandable, I didn't mean to rush you. We all know its got to be a lot of work to keep those lists updated.

Members online

No members online now.

Members online

No members online now.