Bug iOS Version 1.2.10 Bugs

Status
Not open for further replies.

norbert26

Apr 21, 2013
Centaur: earning the special does not reward an extra ball. Showing a credit on the display instead
queens chamber special awards extra ball every time HOWEVER the ORBS special is a hit or miss deal it may and may not award an extra ball. been that way since table was released.

norbert26

Apr 21, 2013
iPad Mini 6.1.3
I don't know if this is a bug or by design. When i click / touch update all in manage tables nothing happens. I do not know if the tables are updating or not. Before i would see if they were updating . When i go to the tables that are supposed to have an update nothing downloads.

LurkerCreep

Apr 26, 2012
Device/OS: iPad 2/iOS 6.0.1
Bug Description: On Champion Pub, skill shot occurs without even touching the screen. It only just started happening today and it was NOT after having played Whirlwind beforehand.
Steps to reproduce: Play Champion Pub
Frequency: High

Tokyo Rose

Jul 13, 2012
Ditto:

Device/OS: iPad 2/iOS 6.0.1
Bug Description: On Champion Pub, skill shot occurs without even touching the screen. It only just started happening today and it was NOT after having played Whirlwind beforehand.
Steps to reproduce: Play Champion Pub
Frequency: High

Also : scrolling skill shot awards display will occasionally go to the left as opposed to the right which is usually the case.

Doccy

Jul 3, 2013
Device/OS: iPAD 3 / iOS 6.1

Bug Description: I am playing iOS version 1.2.10 and my scores are no longer being posted to the (global) leaderboards. This worked fine with the previous release. I am logged in to my account and network connectivity is fine.

Steps To Reproduce: Reach a score that is high enough to qualify for the leaderboards. After playing the game open the leaderboard and check if the score / username is there. Checked with Dr Dude and Fun House

Frequency: Always

Additional Comments: Please fix Circus Voltaire, it is buggy :)

Fungi

Feb 20, 2012

Bug Description: I am playing iOS version 1.2.10 and my scores are no longer being posted to the (global) leaderboards. This worked fine with the previous release. I am logged in to my account and network connectivity is fine.

Steps To Reproduce: Reach a score that is high enough to qualify for the leaderboards. After playing the game open the leaderboard and check if the score / username is there. Checked with Dr Dude and Fun House

Confirmed. It happens with all tables. At least, all the tables in which I surpassed a personal best. I stopped after the third time. Very vexxing.

nepo

Apr 23, 2013
Device/OS: iPad2 / iOS 6.1.3

Bug Description:
Ripley's Believe It or Not:
The cabinet has no bottom. You can look through the middle-left hole.

Steps To Reproduce:
Play Ripley's Believe It or Not.

Frequency:
always

Additional Comments:
Has been reported for a while... :(

nepo

Apr 23, 2013
Device/OS: iPad2 / iOS 6.1.3

Bug Description:
Funhouse:
After hitting the "Wind Tunnel" the display shows the text just for a moment, you can't really read it.

Steps To Reproduce:
Play Funhouse and hit the Wind Tunnel.

Frequency:
always

Additional Comments:
Has been reported for a while, too... :(

Clawhammer

Nov 1, 2012

There is thread about this issue here.

DJWhoDunnit

Dec 23, 2012
Device/OS: iPod touch 4g 5.1.1

Bug Description: Champion Pub, the ball flies off the table FREQUENTLY...most of the time this is not a problem as it is just relaunched; however, twice yesterday i shot the left jab ramp and had the ball fly out as it was making the loop, and it counted it as a drain both times...and since one was during champion MB and the other during Ultimate challenge, this sucks.

Steps To Reproduce: carry the high momentum into a high velocity shot at about any ramp and it goes bye bye

Frequency: couple times per game for relaunchables, but twice in dozens of games for the occurrence where ball is lost

Additional Comments: was really really mad last time because it was on the 5th fighter of ultimate challenge, and he had less health than i did...hard enough to get there without auto drain on a good shot...

Mark W**a

Banned
Sep 7, 2012
Device/OS: iPhone 4 - 6.1.3

Bug Description: crashing, missing/wrong sounds, low frame rate on all tables

Steps To Reproduce: Start Whirlwind or Press Manage Tables button

Frequency: every time

Additional Comments:

This latest release has completely broken TPA on my iPhone 4. It causes the frame rate to get so bad that I have to restart my phone to get TPA working at the right speed again. The sound in Whirlwind is atrocious; it has missing, repeating, stretched out and wrong sounds. For instance "Looks like rain!" is missing. I also noticed the physics don't feel right, almost like the scripting went haywire. The ball travels in an erratic fashion at times even when the plates aren't moving. I also noticed the crash bug of hitting the manage tables button is back again.

It's beginning to feel like maybe the Farsight team needs to think about using a different engine or getting some fresh dev blood in the mix. Because, every time a new set of tables comes out, something else gets broken. Not to mention tables like Circus Voltaire still haven't been fixed. I've sent my bug report in, here's hoping these issues get resolved quickly. How do disturbing bugs like this even make it to release when you can't miss them?! :(

It's clear something went terribly, terribly wrong with Whirlwind. The sound is completely messed up; it's not even worth pointing out specifics, the whole thing is wrecked from missing voices to what you've described to delayed/missing cues, it's messed up from even before you plunge the ball. And whatever is happening it has caused all the other system 11 machines sound and gameplay to become all messed up as well. It even causes problems in the collision meshes of other system 11's!!

I'll point out my own unique bug: the ball gets pushed "into" the table when caught underneath the upper right flipper sometimes. I hope they patch this nonsense soon, I really want to enjoy Whirlwind!

On a lighter note it is kind of enjoyable to play Dr. Dude, Elvira, Pin*Bot, and Taxi in this completely rediculous state, just for ****'s and giggles.

Mark W**a

Banned
Sep 7, 2012
My ball just got stuck on the right ramp in WW.

Keep in mind I have only played it a handful of times now, and have experienced all these bugs plus ones that havent even been reported. Jesus... This is an alpha build as far as I'm concerned.

Sean DonCarlos

Staff member
Mar 17, 2012
My ball just got stuck on the right ramp in WW.

Keep in mind I have only played it a handful of times now, and have experienced all these bugs plus ones that havent even been reported. Jesus... This is an alpha build as far as I'm concerned.
If you had a screenshot of the stuck ball or used the proper bug-reporting format in the first post, FarSight would have an easier time identifying and fixing the problem. As it is, there isn't even enough here for me to put it in Whirlwind's master issues list...

WJB

Apr 28, 2013
Absolutely agree with all the Whirlwind comments above. The audio is absolutely screwed! The most annoying aspects for me are the absurdly high volume of the spinning disks (completely overpower all other sounds - very frustrating), and the missing audio (eg. the ball-drain sting, etc).

I hope this all gets fixed soon - I haven't played Whirlwind in years.

(I should also add that the mechanical effects in Champion Pub - especially the rotating of the fighter - also seems to be set at a very high volume, totally overpowering music/fx).

Last edited:

Mark W**a

Banned
Sep 7, 2012
If you had a screenshot of the stuck ball or used the proper bug-reporting format in the first post, FarSight would have an easier time identifying and fixing the problem. As it is, there isn't even enough here for me to put it in Whirlwind's master issues list...

Surely Beta users already picked up on these. Like I said I have spent a total of 10 minutes with the table. The ball is stuck on the ramp not sure how else to describe it, upper right ramp. I don't feel like uploading a screen shot of a ball stuck on the right ramp. It's pretty self explanatory. The ball getting stuck in the machine behind the upper right flipper is also self explanatory. I'm not following procedure because there's no ryme or reason to the issues, it's not like you have to set this up for it to happen. It just happens. Same with the ball being thrown around by the spinners even when they aren't moving. In general the spinners have wayyy to much effect on the ball, period. Real Whirlwinds it effects the ball slightly it doesn't grab hold of the ball, wind up a pitch and then chuck it down the left outlane. It's downright absurd how broken this table is. Easily more ****ed up than Cirqus Voiltaire.

(nevermind I'll stop being a baby and do this correctly, see below: )

Mark W**a

Banned
Sep 7, 2012
Device/OS: iPhone 4S / iOS: newest up to date OS

Bug Description:
Whirlwind:
Ball get's stuck on right ramp

Steps To Reproduce:
Shoot the ball up there and it might get stuck if it feels like it.

Frequency:
Happened twice and I've played the game no more than 20 minutes total.

Additional Comments:
Not happy about paying to test and alpha build of a table.

Bug Description:
Whirlwind:
Ball goes behind the upper right flipper, and the flipper actually pushes the ball into the collision mesh of the table. Calling attendant does work in this instance.

Steps To Reproduce:
Get the ball stuck behind the right flipper like what happens in Twilight Zone or Gofers

Frequency:
Happened once in a 20 minute span.

Additional Comments:

Bug Description:
No Good Gofers:
Ball goes behind the upper right flipper, and instead of sticking there like it does on Twilight Zone, it goes through the flipper and back onto the playfield.
Steps To Reproduce:
Get the ball stuck behind the right flipper

Frequency:
Always

Bug Description:
Whirlwind:
Spinner moves ball around even when it's turned off.

Steps To Reproduce:
Random

Frequency:
Often

Additional Comments:

Bug Description:
Whirlwind:
Ball lands out of the right wires onto the right spinner, the machine winds it up like a softball and then chucks it directly into the left outlane.

Steps To Reproduce:
Hit an upper right flipper shot

Frequency:
Every single time if the spinners are on. If the spinners are off, it hangs there for a few seconds then drops.

Additional Comments:
Seriously Farsight? You shipped this?

Bug Description:
Whirlwind:
Every sound is screwed up. Not a single one is done correctly. When you fire up the machine, it doesn't play the music right away, when the music starts it's low pitch, the sound effects hang and squeel: missing voice calls, missing sounds, sound overlaps everywhere, sound overlaps when drain, just completely bugged sound not a single thing is correct
Steps To Reproduce:
Turn on the game

Frequency:
Always
Additional Comments:
Playing it muted or with your own music and you can actually enjoy the game. Well except for all the other bugs.

Bug Description:
Whirlwind:
Spinners effect the ball way too much. The WHOF got it right, don't know what happened here.

Steps To Reproduce:
Play the game

Frequency:
Always

Additional Comments:
Whirlwind is the most broken table on iOS including Cirqus Voiltaire.

Last edited:

Sean DonCarlos

Staff member
Mar 17, 2012
Surely Beta users already picked up on these.
Being one of the beta testers myself, I can tell you I've put several hours on Whirlwind and while there are many faults (most of which are already fixed for the next update), I've yet to have the ball get stuck on the right ramp.

EDIT: And thanks for the bug reports, even if you did slip in a few gratuitous comments.

BTW, for those dismayed by the loud discs, a muffler has been installed. Listen for it on the next update.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

No members online now.

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Latest posts