Bug Android Version 1.17.0 Bugs

Status
Not open for further replies.

PiN WiZ

Mod & Forum Superstar
Staff member
Feb 22, 2012
This thread is for posting bugs for Android version 1.17.0 ONLY (new bugs as well as lingering issues that haven't been fixed). If you want to post general feedback or comments, then please use THIS THREAD instead. Anything posted here that is not a bug will be moved or deleted.

When posting a bug, please use the following format:

Device/OS:

Bug Description:

Steps To Reproduce:

Frequency:

Additional Comments:

Please also remember to email any bugs you find to support@pinballarcade.com

Thank you!

N

netizen

Device/OS: All three I have

Bug Description: Flight 2000 Operators menu - doesn't save dips settings after leaving Pro Mode, bonus multiplier setting is reversed, the text is too big, doesn't wrap/scale, for the menu - you cannot see the options for all the setting so matter the perspective.

Steps To Reproduce: go into the operators menu set it how you'd like play a game see that the bonus doesn't behave how you set it, leave the game come back to the ops menu see that the settings are all defaulted.

Frequency: 100%

Additional Comments: this defeats the purpose of the operators menu if the settings aren't saved. See attached pic from 7" tab to illustrate the dips menu
Screenshot_2013-08-25-09-24-24.png

N

netizen

Device/OS: All Three I have

Bug Description: AFM - the pop bumper/jet bumper flasher doesn't flash

Steps To Reproduce: shoot the ball into the bumpers, or run through the flasher test menu in the ops menu. The jets flasher is the only one that doesn't flash.

Additional Comments: I can understand the Strobe not going on mobile, or not being able to test the GI Lighting, but I could have sworn that the bumpers flashed and were lit before :/

N

netizen

Device/OS: All

Bug Description: The Champion Pub - Trigger button is not functioning for any in game purposes; no smart punch, no poker discards

Steps To Reproduce: start a fight with a smart punch in hand, press the trigger button once you have gotten the head shot call out, get nothing.

Additional Comments: It has been debated, but maybe not suggested to do away with the launch screen on electro plunge tables with launch buttons like what T2 has done. Give full flipper control, and a seperate plunge/trigger button like on ST:TNG. Combine these two tables UX and apply it to all electro plunge tables for mobile and there is a winning possibility.

Ryan Routon

FarSight Employee
Feb 24, 2012
Thanks for the reports guys and keep them coming =) I will have some time monday to take a look at these now that some other things are off my plate.

switch3flip

Jan 30, 2013
Device: s3

Bug: On Star trek, when you activate final frontier the camera automatically goes into plunger camera view.

sanchhat

Mar 21, 2013
Device/OS: Nook HD+ / Android 4.2.2

Bug Description: Terminator 2 - Ball does not lock in skull. Sometimes the ball does not lock in the skull to activate the cannon shot for multiball. Instead, the ball passes right through the skull to the back of the playfield. It either rolls down into the left orbit or sometimes goes to the top inlines and into the pop bumpers.

Steps To Reproduce: Shot the ball into the skull when trying to lock the ball for the cannon shot.

Frequency: It seems to happen depending on how fast the ball is traveling when entering the skull. Too fast (a direct shot from the flippers) often leads to the ball passing thru the skull. If it isn't too fast, the ball tends to lock and the cannon shot starts.

Additional Comments:

Ryan Routon

FarSight Employee
Feb 24, 2012
Is this happening on any other table? Not sure why this would be happening on just this table.

Device/OS: All

Bug Description: The Champion Pub - Trigger button is not functioning for any in game purposes; no smart punch, no poker discards

Steps To Reproduce: start a fight with a smart punch in hand, press the trigger button once you have gotten the head shot call out, get nothing.

Additional Comments: It has been debated, but maybe not suggested to do away with the launch screen on electro plunge tables with launch buttons like what T2 has done. Give full flipper control, and a seperate plunge/trigger button like on ST:TNG. Combine these two tables UX and apply it to all electro plunge tables for mobile and there is a winning possibility.

Ryan Routon

FarSight Employee
Feb 24, 2012
Does it stay there or move back? Is this only on a certain cam? Anyone else seeing this?

Bug: On Star trek, when you activate final frontier the camera automatically goes into plunger camera view.

N

netizen

Does it stay there or move back? Is this only on a certain cam? Anyone else seeing this?

http://digitalpinballfans.com/showthread.php/2995-Game-reverts-to-launch-view-during-Final-Frontier

The general consensus seems to be that if you don't press both flippers at the same time when you activate the final frontier mode it will pop back to the play field. I haven't done a Final Frontier in a while; usually just shoot for borg multi ball.

It is a long standing bug that adds to the suggestion to do away with the plunge screen on the electro plunge tables; one less potential bug, yanno.

Ryan Routon

FarSight Employee
Feb 24, 2012
ahh so this is cross platform. Thanks for the summary Net, they have me doing so many other things these days I missed that thread.

switch3flip

Jan 30, 2013
Just a reminder, on T2, the backgound DMD is active. Not that it is a bug, but in previous table feedback discussions, deactivating backglass electronics has been mentioned as a way of freeing up resources for other improvements.

Personally I like it active because if you turn Hud off in options, enough of the original DMD is visible in portrait view and adds to a genuine experience.
HOWEVER: Turning Hud off setting isn't saved, so every time you restart T2 game, you have to pause and turn hud off again.
So if DMD in backhround will remain active it would really be great if hud setting could be saved, like cam angles and other settings are.

switch3flip

Jan 30, 2013
And yeah, the chrome skull can't really be made out of chrome, cause I've also shot a hole through mine. I need a new one, and not a cheap plastic one this time ;)

Gear323

Aug 27, 2013
Device/OS: iPad mini and iPad 4 and Samsung note android

Table: T2

Bug Description:If you are holding the left or right flipper, you can't shoot the cannon. This happens mostly when you are going for super jackpot and have balls in play or held on the flippers.

Confirmed on both iPad and on android with the gun controls on the top right of the screen. If you move the gun controls to the bottom it works just fine. Did not try moving it to any spots in between.

Steps To Reproduce: Place gun trigger on top. Load cannon, hold a flipper and try to shoot cannon. It won't work,

Frequency:100% of the time

Ryan Routon

FarSight Employee
Feb 24, 2012
I was told there with something different about this coin door that prevented us from making the saving structure necessary to save it, but they may look into it. I will change the font though.

Device/OS: All three I have

Bug Description: Flight 2000 Operators menu - doesn't save dips settings after leaving Pro Mode, bonus multiplier setting is reversed, the text is too big, doesn't wrap/scale, for the menu - you cannot see the options for all the setting so matter the perspective.

Steps To Reproduce: go into the operators menu set it how you'd like play a game see that the bonus doesn't behave how you set it, leave the game come back to the ops menu see that the settings are all defaulted.

Additional Comments: this defeats the purpose of the operators menu if the settings aren't saved. See attached pic from 7" tab to illustrate the dips menu
Screenshot_2013-08-25-09-24-24.png

Baron Rubik

Mar 21, 2013
Device/OS: Nexus 7 (mk1) rooted stock JB4.2.2

Bug Description: Playing T2, portrait, cam3 locked, event cam on, Multiball cam off. Special button pos 80%
On 2nd ball with 2EB's, ready to shoot for super jackpot whilst cradling another ball on left flipper, this broke the event cam causing it not to zoom in (the event cam fixed itself after approx 2 mins). Had the known issue of trigger not responding for SJP when button above 50%.
Whilst on same ball, I tilted, but the tilt message remained on screen even after launching the 1st EB. The flippers were working in this state but with bad lag and ball went straight from launch filtered down the table but then passed clean through the upheld right flipper at its mid point.
As the 2nd EB was delivered to the launch, the tilt message disappeared, and the rest of the game played out normally.

Steps To Reproduce: see above

Frequency: above fault = once.

Additional Comments: none

Wulftown

Dec 8, 2012
Device/OS: Nexus 7

Table: Pinbot

Bug Description: No extra ball awarded for 1,400,000 points.

Steps To Reproduce: Score 1.4 million

K

Korven

Table: Pinbot

Bug Description: No extra ball awarded for 1,400,000 points.

Steps To Reproduce: Score 1.4 million

Not for specials either. Been reported since beta...

K

Korven

Table: CV

Bug Description: Playing in tournament I got the plunger stuck in launch view bug while starting neon multiball.

Edit: got the worst version of the bug too, then the right flipper goes dead.

Steps To Reproduce: Start neon multiball

Frequency: No idea, hardly play CV anymore.

Additional comment: :banghead:

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

No members online now.

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Latest posts