DLC Release Date

aangel

Jul 7, 2012
Well here's hoping Farsight will hear something from Microsoft this week to get it released by next week. It really sucks to have expectations. Even when you know not to for in a situation like this.

Richard B

Apr 7, 2012
Well here's hoping Farsight will hear something from Microsoft this week to get it released by next week. It really sucks to have expectations. Even when you know not to for in a situation like this.

There's no chance we'll see it next week, unless MS secretly approved it and has placed it in the lineup, which I don't think they would do. However, there is at least a chance they'll approve it and give us a firm date soon.

Mike Reitmeyer

FarSight Employee
Mar 13, 2012
The fact that it's a title update and not a game or dlc, I'm not sure it will take a long time after approval.

The DLC itself has been approved for weeks.

PiN WiZ

Mod & Forum Superstar
Staff member
Feb 22, 2012
The fact that it's a title update and not a game or dlc, I'm not sure it will take a long time after approval.

The DLC itself has been approved for weeks.

Thanks for keeping us up to date Mike. Hopefully Microsoft approves the title update sometime this week that way we can get a few days heads up if the DLC does in fact become available on July 17th.

Richard B

Apr 7, 2012
Thanks for keeping us up to date Mike. Hopefully Microsoft approves the title update sometime this week that way we can get a few days heads up if the DLC does in fact become available on July 17th.

Even if the DLC doesn't become available immediately, we can still enjoy the improvements, such as the new lighting, camera options, and physics tweaks.

Brandon Debes

Mar 29, 2012
Mike, can you confirm at this time that the already approved DLC contains additional achievements for completing the goals (and high scores) on the new tables? It's my understanding that (some of?) the DLC tables on PS3 lack trophies. Thanks again for all the information you provide us with here.

PiN WiZ

Mod & Forum Superstar
Staff member
Feb 22, 2012
Even if the DLC doesn't become available immediately, we can still enjoy the improvements, such as the new lighting, camera options, and physics tweaks.

I wouldn't mind a title update ahead of the DLC for all the reasons you stated. Here's hoping the title update is available soon.

Mike Reitmeyer

FarSight Employee
Mar 13, 2012
You'll need the title update for the DLC to work anyway, so you'll get that first (hopefully same day)

The DLC contains achievements for the new tables (get a top 5 local high score). Since we are limited in how many achievements we can add per quarter (Microsoft rule), we could only put in one per table. Instead of the 3 per table we did for the launch tables.

PiN WiZ

Mod & Forum Superstar
Staff member
Feb 22, 2012
You'll need the title update for the DLC to work anyway, so you'll get that first (hopefully same day)

The DLC contains achievements for the new tables (get a top 5 local high score). Since we are limited in how many achievements we can add per quarter (Microsoft rule), we could only put in one per table. Instead of the 3 per table we did for the launch tables.

That's fine that you can only put in one achievement per table, but you really should have gone with complete all Wizard Goals.

F

Franky

who said it would be mid of july anyway? because if it was just a guess by somebody than better stop this s.ht because this kind of things only create false hopes. So as long as microsoft announces no date, we should stick with "no date".

xNiCeGuYx

Apr 16, 2012
That's fine that you can only put in one achievement per table, but you really should have gone with complete all Wizard Goals.

+1
complete all Wizard Goals would be much better than a top 5 high score achievement which is waaaayyyyy too easy.

SpiffyRob

May 5, 2012
Oh man, that is terrible news to wake up to. Very little sense of accomplishment in a local top 5 score.

EDIT: I'm sympathetic to the fact that you guys are limited in the # of achievements you can offer, and pinning it to the wizard goals would probably be a major turn-off for any casual players, and casual players outnumber the hardcore dramatically, but surely you guys realized what a blow this would be for us, right?

I know the psychology of achievements is messed up... the wizard goals are still there for us to complete, after all, but there are major bragging rights in being able to point to an achievement that's a beast to get (I've already got sweaty palms thinking about Tour the Mansion in AF, Final Frontier in STTNG, Rule the Universe in AFM...) If you're going to be stuck with this setup for achievements going forward, is there *any* way of externalizing a marker of the completion of wizard goals so it can be used for bragging rights?

Hard to be excited to wait (at least) another week for a version of MM that we know is going to have the flipper gap bug, and where completing Battle for the Kingdom will earn us a nice pat on the back and nothing more.

Last edited:

bavelb

Apr 16, 2012
Getting an achievement for doing something is considered to be something more than a pat on the back?

I can accept the opinion that achieving all wizard goals would make a BETTER achievement (as it's an actual achievement...), but those wizard goals are already IN the game for you to achieve. And NOONE cares you reach those accept for YOU. Noone will look at your achievements to check if you got it. Don't get me wrong, I care about achieving the Wizard goals. I'm getting them all again on the 360 right now. I just don't need a badge for them to show of to the outside world, cause I know the outside world will not care in the slightest that someone got it. Isn't it enough that YOU know you got frog frenzy/Atlantis/Battle for the kingdom? I get a sense of achievement each time I see that flying carpet in TOTAN (and I have seen a ton as i'ts the easiest wizard goal in TPA), or get the Grande Finale/Atlantis (think I have reached both twice now).

Look at it like this. In this case you get 11 goals to reach: 5 standard, 5 wizard and getting nr 1 in highscore. Maybe that does make you feel better, but most likely not.

Again I can understand the fact people like achievements, but I have real issues understanding people who get lesser enjoyment out of a brilliant game for having the wrong ones, or not enough of them because they need someone else, even if it's a scripted event programmed to release a badge under certain conditions, to pat them on the back and say "well done boy, here's a ribbon".

edit: I also know this is completely me and a flaw in my character obviously, because I have had to deal with you sort of people in WOW for 4 years when raiding :p "Hey lets do this boss with 4 less people then we can with one arm tied behind your back, spelling the alphabet backward so we can get some "random score for doing unneccassary stuff" added to our "random score for doing unneccassary stuff-total". Sorry if it sounds like I'm projecting all that anger towards you :eek:

Last edited:

SpiffyRob

May 5, 2012
And NOONE cares you reach those accept for YOU. Noone will look at your achievements to check if you got it.

Never make the assumption that your experiences are universal. A considerable amount of trash-talking goes on between people in my friends list about earning tough-as-nails achievements. Without any way of proving that you've earned it, this isn't possible.

bavelb

Apr 16, 2012
Never make the assumption that your experiences are universal. A considerable amount of trash-talking goes on between people in my friends list about earning tough-as-nails achievements. Without any way of proving that you've earned it, this isn't possible.

I can see that with some really hard to obtain achievemnts that take a ton of devotion, like certain achievements in Super Meat Boy, Trials or Dark souls. Wizard goals in a pinball game are not tough as nails.

Members online

No members online now.

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Latest posts