DLC Release Date

F

Franky

hi, i've got a question - why do everyone talk about tuesday as the release day? do microsoft always relase dlcs on tuesday? i'm asking because games are also released during the week - like "spelunky" yesterday.

Franky

Ozzpot

May 5, 2012
hi, i've got a question - why do everyone talk about tuesday as the release day? do microsoft always relase dlcs on tuesday? i'm asking because games are also released during the week - like "spelunky" yesterday.

Franky
Yes, certain things are released on certain days. Retail games are almost always released on Fridays. Arcade games are almost always released on Wednesdays. DLC is almost always released on Tuesdays.

You will find the odd exception, but those are the rules.

Ark Malmeida

Apr 3, 2012
I'm starting to get a little worried that we haven't heard anything on the title update approval recently. I'm trying to remain patient and optimistic about the whole thing, but I'm starting to get the sinking feeling that something's wrong in the approval process of the latest title update submission. I VERY much hope that I'm wrong as I really think TPA desperately needs the injection of the three DLC packs to get it rolling again on the 360.

Richard B

Apr 7, 2012
I'm starting to get a little worried that we haven't heard anything on the title update approval recently. I'm trying to remain patient and optimistic about the whole thing, but I'm starting to get the sinking feeling that something's wrong in the approval process of the latest title update submission. I VERY much hope that I'm wrong as I really think TPA desperately needs the injection of the three DLC packs to get it rolling again on the 360.

I agree. Sony at least gave us a firm date, which they stuck to. If it has been declined yet again, they should tell us the bad news right now. When the 17th rolls around and there is still no new content, many (including myself) will be very, very pissed.

Richard B

Apr 7, 2012
"By mid July"; hasn't changed, so that means we'll likely get it tomorrow or the 17th, unless, of course, they change the date again.

N

Nik Barbour

I haven't done the wait some of you guys have (only had xbox 6 days) - but I really can't wait for these DLC packs.
The launch tables are ok, I love BH, and like TOM, but can't wait for BOP & FH on the big screen, especially as I can only play the Android versions with HUD off, since the texture upgrade 4 weeks ago.
It's gonna be awesome seeing CV's outlane 'load cannon' lights without being so zoomed out the balls about 4 pixels in size too.
Quick prayer to the gods of gaming for tomorrow!

aangel

Jul 7, 2012
The only statement Farsight says about xbox 360 is: The Title Update for the Xbox 360 version is still in submission with Microsoft. We will report a release date when we know it.

That doesn't sound too definite.

Richard B

Apr 7, 2012
The only statement Farsight says about xbox 360 is: The Title Update for the Xbox 360 version is still in submission with Microsoft. We will report a release date when we know it.

That doesn't sound too definite.

If they haven't even approved it yet, then we won't see it any time soon. It's giving credence to the rumor that MS is trying to sabotage TPAs success, or possibly even shut them out entirely, to help out their own FX 2. Even if that rumor isn't true, MS is hardly acting supportive.

xNiCeGuYx

Apr 16, 2012
All the delays start to make me angry! If it won't come out soon, I am done with TPA! But I know, I will buy it anyway. :D

Brandon Debes

Mar 29, 2012
All the delays start to make me angry! If it won't come out soon, I am done with TPA! But I know, I will buy it anyway. :D

These games are all years old anyway. I'm not in a big hurry for them. I will happily play them whenever they do finally come out. I have enough earmarked MS points sitting on my account waiting for all four announced DLCs. The only bummer is seeing people talk about all the new tables in the other platforms' threads and being so far behind the conversation. I have the base game on my iPhone as well, but playing with touchscreen controls is so painful for me that I haven't bought any tables on that version. I can't even start the harem multi-ball mode on iOS in like a hundred or more attempts, and I was able to do it in two games with an Xbox controller. Ugh.

Richard B

Apr 7, 2012
The Title Update is still in submission with Microsoft. Other than that there isn't any news to report.

To go from submission to approval is about a month, then MS decides when to put it online, which is usually several weeks minimum, so we'll see no DLC this summer.

Members online

No members online now.

Members online

No members online now.