iOS 3.3.1 Bugs

Status
Not open for further replies.

Shaneus

Mar 26, 2012
Do you think it'd be a fix rolled out especially, or more likely wait for the next major release? Be nice to know how long I have to deal with it :)

(Otherwise, I'm flying up to Texas from Australia especially to pester you guys ;) )

LeBaron

Jun 8, 2013
Device/OS: iPad Mini (non-Retina), iOS 7.0.4

Bug Description: At the start of a game on tables with a ball launch button (AFM, MM), even though the camera is focused on the launch chute, touching the screen flips the flippers. The ball cannot be launched; the game is unplayable.

Steps To Reproduce: Try to play any table with a ball launch button.

Frequency: 100%

Additional Comments: With the previous bug, renders every single table unplayable.

Yep I have the same problem. Every table with a ball launch button now impossible to play.

pinbot

Aug 12, 2012
I'm not getting this crash -- would it be possible for you to send your crash report to support@pinballarcade.com?
This page explains how to gather the report (Getting Crash Logs Without Xcode):
https://developer.apple.com/library/ios/qa/qa1747/_index.html

i will send it in.
I just get my crash report from Settings>General>Diagnostics&Usage>Diagnositc&Usage Data
This way is fine no?

edit: it is showing as a 'Low Memory' error. pinball arcade is the only app that does this on my ipad. Was working flawlessly before the update.

Last edited:

The loafer

Oct 28, 2012
Yep I have the same problem. Every table with a ball launch button now impossible to play.

FYI I have just played attack from mars and it works fine on my iPad 3. I play portrait view with event/multiball camera off I can launch the ball using the button at the top right.

Stuart Webster

Apr 24, 2013
i will send it in.
I just get my crash report from Settings>General>Diagnostics&Usage>Diagnositc&Usage Data
This way is fine no?

edit: it is showing as a 'Low Memory' error. pinball arcade is the only app that does this on my ipad. Was working flawlessly before the update.
I need the actual .crash file so I can symbolicate the call stack.

daneman20

Dec 18, 2013
I have been reading many of the issues on this thread. I run the app on my iPad 4 and have experienced extremely erratic behavior from sudden crashes at the end of a game, stuck camera angles (i purchased pro everything), crashes on ball launch, and being unable to launch a ball. I have deleted and reinstalled the app several times with my data and without it. Initially, it will run just fine. After about two uses, it will start displaying these issues 100% of the time. This update appeared to have heavily destabilize the entire app. Basically, it is rather unusable. My hope is that the developers have an update very very soon (forget the next table). This is beyond being "buggy". The app is broken (at least for me.)

Jeff Strong

Staff member
Feb 19, 2012
3.3.1 is out. Updated the thread title...

----- What's New -----
- Bug fixes.

----- Table Updates -----
- Black Knight 2000 (v3)

----- What's Fixed -----
- Fix for in-app purchase screen for Black Knight 2000; the Buy buttons were identical.
- Black Knight 2000: disabling the HUD would cause the table to freeze.
- Black Knight 2000: auto plunge added to the flippers for multi ball.
- Black Knight 2000: adjusted brightness of playfield.
- Black Knight 2000: Added flashers to higher LoD-set.
- Black Knight 2000: Fixed the lightning bolt flasher.
- Black Knight 2000: Fixed flashing red lightning bolt on upper playfield.
- Gorgar: switches would activate even when the table was tilted.
- Fix for crash when minimizing the app or locking the device.
- Fixed a GUI state bug when canceling or exiting demo score screen and then changing device orientation.
- Fix for Facebook login not resolving friends.

night

May 18, 2012
Stuttering/framerate issues on BK2K on the iPad2 iOS7.0.6. It makes this table, just like Black Hole, unplayable.

Shaneus

Mar 26, 2012
I still can't resume a game. Exiting out via power/suspend or home buttons result in having to start TPA again from the beginning. Buggered if I know why it's even doing it, because my 4S is completely fine and actually has less memory than my iPad 3.

Starting to get on my nerves, this problem :/

Edit: And of course, when I try to log out and log back in again, when it goes to authorise TPA with FB, switching to Safari to confirm closes TPA completely which means I have to log in again. Which means no FB leaderboards.
Fantastic.

Last edited:

night

May 18, 2012
Stuttering/framerate issues are even worse than they first seem. More tables seem affected with strange ball behavior. BK2K is like there is a magnet under the table, making the ball act absolutely strange. Fish Tales stuttering, Centaur stuttering, I have no time to check them all but something is terribly wrong after the last update. I reset my iPad, closed all apps in the background, no improvement…...
iPad2 iOS7.0.6.

Medieval_Gofers

May 29, 2013
Stuttering/framerate issues are even worse than they first seem. More tables seem affected with strange ball behavior. BK2K is like there is a magnet under the table, making the ball act absolutely strange. Fish Tales stuttering, Centaur stuttering, I have no time to check them all but something is terribly wrong after the last update. I reset my iPad, closed all apps in the background, no improvement…...
iPad2 iOS7.0.6.

Identical setup and same issue. Also notable stuttering on No Good Gofers, Monster Bash, Big Shot, Central Park, theatre of Magic etc
In fact Black Rose and Ripleys are the only ones I can find without framerate/stutter issues after this mornings update.

Stuart Webster

Apr 24, 2013
Not sure what would be causing performance issues app-wide on the iPad 2's... I'll investigate this when I'm in on Monday.

pezpunk

Jul 29, 2012
Came here to also report horrendous stuttering on iPad 2 with iOS 7 - every table I've tried so far. TOTAN, TOM, AFM. :(

thanks for looking into it!

dtown8532

Apr 10, 2012
iPad Mini Retina running 7.0.6

BK2K

Issue: Last Chance outlanes lighting on ball three when I have an extra ball still.

Should this happen? I'll have two balls locked and it dumps them on the playfield after draining ball three but I still have another extra ball.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

No members online now.

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Latest posts