Android Release 1.30.10

Status
Not open for further replies.

jaredmorgs

Staff member
May 8, 2012
Reproducible Yes
After Game insert your 3 Char e.g. for the most loops of the day. After finish all 3 char, press fast SELECT and the right arrow. Now the new game starts with the input pop-up and the app must be kicked out of memory

asuza7yg.jpg
This bug happens on nearly all games with multiple high score entry scenarios.

I seem to remember this happening on Fish Tales as well.

Workaround: Wait until the game displays the relevant high score entry screen, and then wait until it closes to Game Over mode.

The bug is somehow transposing that area of the screen where the SELECT button is with the functionality of the START button, during initial entry screens.
[MENTION=4573]Scumble373[/MENTION] might have to take a look how the game code is handling these initial entry screens. Perhaps if the code behind it can't be changed, the position of the dialog box can be moved into the center of the screen like those tables with no HSTD table recorded on the machine (FL2K, Genie, Black Hole, etc).

This fix would prevent the region of the screen where the start button normally is to be triggered by taps when the area doesn't have a button displaying.

Mad07

Feb 13, 2013
It's only a very minor bug, don't worry. I want only report this one. I'll believe, that other bug's have more priority

kinggo

Feb 9, 2014
how about fixing transparency on some older tables? I was about to play CC but after 3 minutes in I remembered why I don't play that game.
TPA......inlanes and outlanes are invisible
21o1mxt.jpg

real thing
playfield_full.jpg

The same goes for NGG....
TPA
jahqw7.jpg

real thing
143717.jpg

Two great tables ruined because one can't see inlines/outlines

FlippyFloppy

FarSight Employee
Nov 13, 2013
This bug happens on nearly all games with multiple high score entry scenarios.

I seem to remember this happening on Fish Tales as well.

Workaround: Wait until the game displays the relevant high score entry screen, and then wait until it closes to Game Over mode.

The bug is somehow transposing that area of the screen where the SELECT button is with the functionality of the START button, during initial entry screens.
[MENTION=4573]Scumble373[/MENTION] might have to take a look how the game code is handling these initial entry screens. Perhaps if the code behind it can't be changed, the position of the dialog box can be moved into the center of the screen like those tables with no HSTD table recorded on the machine (FL2K, Genie, Black Hole, etc).

This fix would prevent the region of the screen where the start button normally is to be triggered by taps when the area doesn't have a button displaying.

It's an emulation error on all platforms. When the user is pressing select after initials have been entering, the emulation thinks the user is pushing the "Start" button, which is also why you see that extra players have been added to the game. Our work around is the skip feature which has been implemented on some platforms.

jaredmorgs

Staff member
May 8, 2012
The same goes for NGG....
TPA
jahqw7.jpg

real thing
143717.jpg

Two great tables ruined because one can't see inlines/outlines

NGG is such a great game in my eyes. It desperately needs a graphics pass again. Alpha Panes on the flasher bulbs and under-playfield flashers would make a huge difference to this game.

I know when questioned about the opaque ramps, Ryan confirmed that they had to go with opaque because of the overdraw on all the playfield surfaces under the ramps.

I suggested just making the ramps opaque over the outlanes as a compromise, but this was rejected.

It would be interesting to try a build with transparent ramps and see how bad performance is on mobile.

This table, to me, looks like it is stuck in Low LOD. All the barrel flashers look really jaggy to me.
[MENTION=3799]FlippyFloppy[/MENTION] would need to confirm whether the art dept even has transparent ramp models on file. I have got a sneaking suspicion that they weren't created as transparent to start with in the graphic assets.

FlippyFloppy

FarSight Employee
Nov 13, 2013
It's in our database, I'll add it to the beta list and see if we can get it knocked out one of these submissions.

kinggo

Feb 9, 2014
I know when questioned about the opaque ramps, Ryan confirmed that they had to go with opaque because of the overdraw on all the playfield surfaces under the ramps.
but there are tables with far more transparent ramps, not fully transparent but still better than this. White Water, CV, Elvira......

NGG on PC
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Rv-a3hpno24
Much better than android

CC on PC
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UM_d9RoBjC4
Bad as on android

I know that FS wants to keep the game playable on older devices or new mid range devices but the line should be drawn somewhere. Most low end devices from last 2 years are at least dual core with 1GB RAM. Yes, improving all the tables is a lot of work. But if they are still on sale that is something that should be done.

jaredmorgs

Staff member
May 8, 2012
NGG on PC
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Rv-a3hpno24
Much better than android

CC on PC
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UM_d9RoBjC4
Bad as on android

I know that FS wants to keep the game playable on older devices or new mid range devices but the line should be drawn somewhere. Most low end devices from last 2 years are at least dual core with 1GB RAM. Yes, improving all the tables is a lot of work. But if they are still on sale that is something that should be done.

I'll take an Android build with those PC ramps please...

In the sung words of the kids cartoon Peg + Cat: Prob-lem solved! The prob-lem is solved! We solved the prob-lem (and everything is awesome!). Prob-lem solved.

Thanks for sharing it, [MENTION=4113]kinggo[/MENTION]

Zorgwon

Sep 14, 2013
BSD last ball: Maybe it's not the same bug but very similar. If I'm lazy and don't enter my initials and simply select the empty space then the game resets the score and everything freezes. The app needs to be killed. Same happened (or happens) on Black Rose. On BSD the LOOP CHAMPION entry comes almost always which makes this quite annoying. Waiting doesn't solve the problem (after the app is frozen?).

BSD Instructions: On BSD the German help texts are messed up. The last entries are starting and ending suddenly and probably misplaced. Easy fix: Avoid German language if you cant handle it!

Last edited:

lapaille

Apr 4, 2014
I would kill for transparent side ramps on NGG...
Also i'm still getting the problem with the mist multi ball, if one of the ball drains (which one i don't know) the game stops even if there is still one ball in play.
I think it was a known issue and it was fixed but it's the third time that it happens :(

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

No members online now.

Members online

No members online now.