Android Release 1.30.10

Status
Not open for further replies.

Scumble373

FarSight Employee
Jul 1, 2014
From what I understand of the build, the flipper sounds are one of the few SFX that are included in the common sound pool packaged within the APK root. All the other SFX like pop bumpers, mechanical diverters, etc are all compressed and called by the sound mixer. So that would suggest the sound mixer isn't calling the sound pool SFX correctly and adding them into the sound stream.

I played a 65BN game of AFM [1] and the flipper sounds dropped shortly after I began recording on the Tablet. For the record, I didn't back out to the home screen. I just paused the menu, swiped down the settings blind in Android to activate the recording feature, selected the Share feature, then resumed from the pause menu.

[1] http://youtu.be/DMsgzu-QTbU

Everything is getting called correctly, after debugging and pulling all the calls and the variables associated with them I can tell no difference between before going to the home screen, and after. I've narrowed down the problem a little bit from when I started, but it seems that something may be conflicting with the home screen resume fix I implemented recently. I guess not having sound in the flippers is better than the game breaking when resuming from the home screen, but I will continue to look into the issue and keep you all posted.

N

netizen

I believe so. The only reason you should ever have to update a table is if we version bump the table. (Example: TDracula_v1.rez -> TDracula_v2.0.rez) We haven't version bumped dracula yet, therefore the update all shouldn't work yet. If you have had to update, you probably had a beta version of the rez, which has been constantly changing.
Then you need to know that the update all button does not work. I tried it on a device that did not have the beta installed, and there were no tables to update. However, I had to download BSD manually from the table select carousel.

TomL

Mar 12, 2013
Then you need to know that the update all button does not work. I tried it on a device that did not have the beta installed, and there were no tables to update. However, I had to download BSD manually from the table select carousel.

"Update all" meaning "check if there are newer versions of tables you already have a copy of". You didn't have BSD dloaded, so "Update All" wouldn't have helped.

PiN WiZ

Mod & Forum Superstar
Staff member
Feb 22, 2012
It's a funny thing, reading the previous comments.

You took a single sentence completely out of context from a post that Scumble373 made that clearly states there is no new version for Dracula as of yet so the "Update All" button won't work yet.

I believe so. The only reason you should ever have to update a table is if we version bump the table. (Example: TDracula_v1.rez -> TDracula_v2.0.rez) We haven't version bumped dracula yet, therefore the update all shouldn't work yet. If you have had to update, you probably had a beta version of the rez, which has been constantly changing.

kinggo

Feb 9, 2014
well, his "I believe so" is misleading. After reading the rest of his reply it's obvious that "update all" won't work for the table that you don't have. What you are proposing seem logical, but what about people who deleted some tables for whatever reasons? So yes, first DL is manual but later on all tables can be updated with one click.

Scumble373

FarSight Employee
Jul 1, 2014
"Update all" meaning "check if there are newer versions of tables you already have a copy of". You didn't have BSD dloaded, so "Update All" wouldn't have helped.

Exactly. The first time you download a table isn't an update.

Scumble373

FarSight Employee
Jul 1, 2014
Also, sorry for using the words "I believe so". I'm confident that the update all button works the way it should, however, i'm not perfect. So there was definitely a possibility that something was wrong with the "update all" button and Dracula, as it's the first table I've added after implementing that feature. There are a lot of bigger bugs that I am working on right now, the update all button is not something I could test right away.

Again, very sorry for the confusion and/or the vague nature of my response!

PiN WiZ

Mod & Forum Superstar
Staff member
Feb 22, 2012
Just a word of advice, if you are unable to converse with other members and FarSight employees in a decent and respectful manner, please refrain from participating in betas. There is absolutely no reason for sarcastic posts in a beta thread where forum members and FarSight employees are doing their best to work together to resolve issues.

Richard Jenkins

Apr 11, 2014
Device/OS: Android

Bug Description: After rolling score over 10 Billion, ypu don't get to put in initials for high score if you don't score as high as the high score table. Does this table act like this in real life?

Steps To Reproduce: Score over 10 Billion, but not over last place in high score table.

Frequency: 100%

Additional Comments: if table is like this in real life, then disregard please. :)

Scumble373

FarSight Employee
Jul 1, 2014
Device/OS: Android

Bug Description: After rolling score over 10 Billion, ypu don't get to put in initials for high score if you don't score as high as the high score table. Does this table act like this in real life?

Steps To Reproduce: Score over 10 Billion, but not over last place in high score table.

Frequency: 100%

Additional Comments: if table is like this in real life, then disregard please. :)

Hey Richard!

I just talked to Mike, our senior gameplay programmer, and he gave me some insight into this issue. Apparently, this occurs on the real table as well. 10 billion is the score limit for the table, so once it hits that number it will roll back to 0. However, the actual score should appear on the leaderboards, but not on high scores. Is the score appearing correctly in the leaderboards?

Mad07

Feb 13, 2013
Just a word of advice, if you are unable to converse with other members and FarSight employees in a decent and respectful manner, please refrain from participating in betas. There is absolutely no reason for sarcastic posts in a beta thread where forum members and FarSight employees are doing their best to work together to resolve issues.

Full agree 1+

xAzatothx

Sep 22, 2012
I installed the black hole table for first time last night on my Nexus 7. The flippers on the lower (smaller) play field are barely visible - I can only see the very tips of them. Is this a known long standing issue or something new in this drop?

Mad07

Feb 13, 2013
Nothing compared to entering Multi-Multiball, maxing out the Castle Jackpot value, lighting the Double Castle Jackpot, and scoring 480m off one shot

I'm not sure if we talk over the same one. If I look to the original instructions, there is the limit without Multi-Multiball on 100M; not 300M as needed for the goal.
e4avy2ud.jpg

The instructions in TPA says, that with 3 ball the Jackpot starts with 40M and increase +20 after collect them. (Best case). This means, I must reached 14 times the Jackpot without Multi-Multiball (at every time with 3 balls in the game) in one game to increase the value to 300M :O

Last edited:

EldarOfSuburbia

Feb 8, 2014
You need to collect a minimum of 4 Coffin jackpots to get the 300M, not 14.

To enable the 300M Coffin jackpot, you must first collect 3 Coffin jackpots, any old way. Two-ball, three-ball, multiplied, unmultiplied, whatever. Each Coffin jackpot boosts the base value of the next one. Collecting 3 jackpots will boost the base Coffin jackpot to its maximum value, namely 50M for two-ball and 100M for three-ball.

Next, just stack all three multiball modes for 3x scoring, and hit a three-ball Coffin jackpot. (Lock two in the Castle, and drain the spare from Mist, and you have a one-ball "multiball" for around 20 seconds.) Light D-R-A-C-U-L-A and there's your 300M.

Also the max from Castle is >480M. It starts off at 480M because when maxed and collected the base Castle jackpot always resets to its max base value which is 80M (double +3x = 480M). However you can boost the 80M up to I think 99,999,990, which gives a max just shy of 600M! I've collected a 500M+ Castle jackpot a few times already.

Last edited:

jaredmorgs

Staff member
May 8, 2012
I installed the black hole table for first time last night on my Nexus 7. The flippers on the lower (smaller) play field are barely visible - I can only see the very tips of them. Is this a known long standing issue or something new in this drop?
Could you post a screenshot showing the issue? What views are you using?

xAzatothx

Sep 22, 2012
Could you post a screenshot showing the issue? What views are you using?

view angle 3 and event camera off is how I always play.

I notice on BH if I set event camera on, then the view on lower play field is fine. One to remember I guess.

Baron Rubik

Mar 21, 2013
view angle 3 and event camera off is how I always play.

I notice on BH if I set event camera on, then the view on lower play field is fine. One to remember I guess.

Turn event cam on, and it zooms in on the mini field when required.

Otherwise it's like you state, hard to see the flippers with full playfield active (which you can't avoid during multiball).

debuggiest

Aug 10, 2013
Nudging the crap out of Teed Off after a game, but while its doing it's end of game gopher spin, can sometimes cause the gopher ball to get stuck and bounce around continuously until the next game starts.

Mad07

Feb 13, 2013
Reproducible Yes
After Game insert your 3 Char e.g. for the most loops of the day. After finish all 3 char, press fast SELECT and the right arrow. Now the new game starts with the input pop-up and the app must be kicked out of memory

asuza7yg.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

No members online now.

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Latest posts