Android Release 1.30.10

Status
Not open for further replies.

jaredmorgs

Staff member
May 8, 2012
This thread is for posting bugs for Android version 1.30.10 ONLY (new bugs as well as lingering issues that haven't been fixed).

If you want to post general feedback or comments, use http://digitalpinballfans.com/showthread.php?t=8784

Anything posted here that is not a bug will be moved or deleted.

When posting a bug, please use the following format:

Device/OS:

Bug Description:

Steps To Reproduce:

Frequency:

Additional Comments:

Remember to also email any bugs you find to: support@pinballarcade.com

Last edited:

jaredmorgs

Staff member
May 8, 2012
Fyi :The new build on Google contains already the Diner Picture

Reboot your device

The Game is with the right icon but on Google Play is Diner, should be Dracula

enjoying the table but appears to be quite a lot of bugs. Modes running when they shouldn't be. Last game I had.

+ video mode started whilst I still had balls flying round the table.

I have the feeling, that the speed is away from the table. :(
For my personal feelings, the table was much more better with the "old" speed like the beta

when mist multiball is only one active and 1 ball drains, yhe ball ends and goes to next ball.

Also, when game is over after putting in initials, starting a game causes the camera to keep moving like in attract mode, and no ball is kicked into the trough.

2621d84a1b74d6f5c4c66b6d07b5a1aa.jpg

Yep, same for me as well.

Also note the difference in product name between geographies...

Merging into this thread.

jaredmorgs

Staff member
May 8, 2012
The what's new screen, when lauching TPA in German shows text in some other language, maybe italian or spanish.

What does you mean? On my Tab all things look likes ok (you can answer in German)

The screen "Was ist neu", when you start TPA, where the new table is introduced etc.

It's look ok on my side,
Does you've a mix somewhere in your language settings?
su6asady.jpg

No, everything else, including table descriptions is in German, as usual.

Merging into this thread.

Bass Mummy

Jul 26, 2012
Device/OS: Nexus 7/ 4.4.4

Bug Description: Minimizing the app or hitting the home button breaks shake nudging.

Steps To Reproduce: Minimize the app or hit the home button.

Frequency: 100%

jaredmorgs

Staff member
May 8, 2012
Had the beta installed, got the retail version went to manage tables, pressed update all and was told all tables are up to date. Then went to the table select carousel to find that I needed to download a new version of BSD.

Which is it going to be? A one press update, or scroll through and listen for the farsight theme song as usual?

1+
Same here

Merging into this thread. For the record, this is reproducing on the Shield Tab as well.

N

netizen

Merging into this thread. For the record, this is reproducing on the Shield Tab as well.

This also reproduces on devices that didn't have the beta installed and never had a BSD rez file in memory, which according to how Scumble described the feature is exactly how it is supposed to function. Yet, even then you have to go hunting for the updated tables in the carousel.

What I had suggested earlier is to have a button appear on the carousel page, kinda like where Ryan had the H2H button for placement, whenever there are rez files to update. This way it is a simple one shot update on the screen that all players will be going to anyway without having to make 5 extra clicks. It is a matter of design and interface usage for the user. If the simplest of settings is buried in a sub menu, not that I am opposed to sub menus, then it will not be utilized.

jaredmorgs

Staff member
May 8, 2012
This also reproduces on devices that didn't have the beta installed and never had a BSD rez file in memory, which according to how Scumble described the feature is exactly how it is supposed to function. Yet, even then you have to go hunting for the updated tables in the carousel.

What I had suggested earlier is to have a button appear on the carousel page, kinda like where Ryan had the H2H button for placement, whenever there are rez files to update. This way it is a simple one shot update on the screen that all players will be going to anyway without having to make 5 extra clicks. It is a matter of design and interface usage for the user. If the simplest of settings is buried in a sub menu, not that I am opposed to sub menus, then it will not be utilized.
Could not agree with this suggestion more.

jaredmorgs

Staff member
May 8, 2012
I played a pretty comprehensive game of BSD, and would have surely tripped every switch imaginable in the game, but I still have a service dot.

b3db960d5d572ef468ed356610c19ab8.jpg

I have no idea what it could be for...

Bug priority: Minor

Reason: It is cleared when you exit the game.

jaredmorgs

Staff member
May 8, 2012
While playing the backer's T2 tournament: I backhanded the skull to lock the ball and the ball went straight through to the left loop. Two out of three times.

This was posted in the iOS forum, however I had a stonking standard game on T2 and was able to replicate this bug also.

I feel some wall mesh collision tuning might be required here (on mobile assets at least).

xAzatothx

Sep 22, 2012
don't forget about the clicking balls after the end of each game where you've entered your highscore. Minor.

Scumble373

FarSight Employee
Jul 1, 2014

Hey guys,

Sorry about this. The update all button will work when we do a version bump of the rez file. However, all throughout the beta we work with the first version of the rez file (Because if we version bumped every time during development it would become a hassle). Therefore, when we release we are still on version 1 (even if the rez file changed). Therefore, coming out of the beta the update all button may not work because the function still sees version 1, so it doesn't think it needs to update, while clicking the table itself will see that the file is actually different.

All in all, the update all button will work perfectly with everything after the beta. Please tell me if the update all button still doesn't work for dracula after the first version bump.

Sorry for the inconvenience.

Mad07

Feb 13, 2013
Please confirm, if I'm right:
To reached the BRD 300M Jackpot, I must reached in 1 Game 5 times the Jackpot and add. a multiplier of 3x (add 2 balls from other multiball games parallel in the game) If this right it's very strong tobac

N

netizen

Hey guys,

Sorry about this. The update all button will work when we do a version bump of the rez file. However, all throughout the beta we work with the first version of the rez file (Because if we version bumped every time during development it would become a hassle). Therefore, when we release we are still on version 1 (even if the rez file changed). Therefore, coming out of the beta the update all button may not work because the function still sees version 1, so it doesn't think it needs to update, while clicking the table itself will see that the file is actually different.

All in all, the update all button will work perfectly with everything after the beta. Please tell me if the update all button still doesn't work for dracula after the first version bump.

Sorry for the inconvenience.

If that's the case then the update all should have work on devices that didn't have the beta installed?

Captain B. Zarre

Apr 16, 2013
Please confirm, if I'm right:
To reached the BRD 300M Jackpot, I must reached in 1 Game 5 times the Jackpot and add. a multiplier of 3x (add 2 balls from other multiball games parallel in the game) If this right it's very strong tobac

Nothing compared to entering Multi-Multiball, maxing out the Castle Jackpot value, lighting the Double Castle Jackpot, and scoring 480m off one shot

Scumble373

FarSight Employee
Jul 1, 2014
If that's the case then the update all should have work on devices that didn't have the beta installed?

I believe so. The only reason you should ever have to update a table is if we version bump the table. (Example: TDracula_v1.rez -> TDracula_v2.0.rez) We haven't version bumped dracula yet, therefore the update all shouldn't work yet. If you have had to update, you probably had a beta version of the rez, which has been constantly changing.

PiN WiZ

Mod & Forum Superstar
Staff member
Feb 22, 2012
Scumble, will you be pulling the "Love Never Dies" from the hud and removing the special camera that focuses on the back wall during ball launch any time soon?

Scumble373

FarSight Employee
Jul 1, 2014
The love never dies hud item has been removed and will be in the next build (coming soon), however, i'm still looking into the camera issue.

I spent the better half of the day looking into the flipper sound loss that occurs when backing out to the home screen, so once I get that fixed I will get a new build out.

PiN WiZ

Mod & Forum Superstar
Staff member
Feb 22, 2012
The love never dies hud item has been removed and will be in the next build (coming soon), however, i'm still looking into the camera issue.

I spent the better half of the day looking into the flipper sound loss that occurs when backing out to the home screen, so once I get that fixed I will get a new build out.

Thanks.

jaredmorgs

Staff member
May 8, 2012

From what I understand of the build, the flipper sounds are one of the few SFX that are included in the common sound pool packaged within the APK root. All the other SFX like pop bumpers, mechanical diverters, etc are all compressed and called by the sound mixer. So that would suggest the sound mixer isn't calling the sound pool SFX correctly and adding them into the sound stream.

I played a 65BN game of AFM [1] and the flipper sounds dropped shortly after I began recording on the Tablet. For the record, I didn't back out to the home screen. I just paused the menu, swiped down the settings blind in Android to activate the recording feature, selected the Share feature, then resumed from the pause menu.

[1] http://youtu.be/DMsgzu-QTbU

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

No members online now.

Members online

No members online now.