Android Beta 1.31 #2

Status
Not open for further replies.

kinggo

Feb 9, 2014
Performance on my nexus 10 is pretty bad.
just Diner or all tables? My tab is old so some issues are expected but what I noticed that HRC is very slow sometimes, especially with multiball. Diner is OK and other tables I tried on this version are as before.
And HLOD on or off doesn't make much difference. It is usually of because there is no difference on 1024x600.

Baron Rubik

Mar 21, 2013
When TPA was a lot newer, it was always the rom emu'd Alpha numerics (BOP, FH, etc) that had the biggest performance hit on devices.
Ryan explained the emulation for the hud was more resource intensive than the dmd tables.

Diner would follow this pattern, especially as the N10 struggles performance wise due to the screen res and size.

Turn HUD off to attempt to improve performance.

The Diner table has no performance issues on either my N7-2012 KK 4.4.4 stock OS rooted, or SGS4 GT-I9505 KK4.4.2 stock OS.

Last edited:

Richard B

Apr 7, 2012
Hitting the target banks (especially the center one) seems to send the ball down the outlane an awful lot. While this does happen on the real machine, I don't remember it happening quite this much.

Indy99

May 24, 2013
I noticed an issue while playing last night when my internet went out. I was connected to my WiFi, but no internet access. At the end of each game, TPA would completely lock up. I tried about 5 tables and all would freeze at the end.

jaredmorgs

Staff member
May 8, 2012
I noticed an issue while playing last night when my internet went out. I was connected to my WiFi, but no internet access. At the end of each game, TPA would completely lock up. I tried about 5 tables and all would freeze at the end.
Yeah it hates losing internet connectivity once connected. Known issue, which likely won't improve until GPG framework is implemented. It handles offline achievements well.

jaredmorgs

Staff member
May 8, 2012

Found an issue with the HUD which might explain some if the perf issues. Maybe.

edu9e8uz.jpg

The bottom row of the HUD isn't refreshing after game ends. It continues to remain stuck through the game.

sy5u2uty.jpg

It only refreshes when the game ends.

tuneva4y.jpg

Then it continues to display the first frame until the game ends again.

Repeatability: 100%

switch3flip

Jan 30, 2013
I'm not having any performance issues. Last two tables (lca and hrc) had frame rate issues on my device, have to turn on mip mapping for those, but not diner.
Just a guess, but it might have to do with the tables backglass DMD being active on those two tables, as this has caused framerate issues on past tables, which were sorted when they were disabled.

switch3flip

Jan 30, 2013
Just some minor issues. Some might already be in list and some might be how the table actually is programmed, if so it's a misunderstanding on my behalf. Anyway.

No background pic for Diner at table selection.

The beginning part of background music gets stuck and loops. Fixes itself after a while when other sounds are activated. (Rare, can't really say what causes it)

Sometimes ball lock opens up when shooting up the left ramp, like it's supposed to do when you shoot the right ramp. (Occasionally)

I've had two or three hard shots at lock go right through lock. (Rare)

Never played the real table so don't know how it's supposed to work, but the today's special random award acts weird, I get the impression the award is not always given, but random score gets awarded instead. Might be from a workaround for not giving extra ball every first award? Also always gives multiball every time a ball is locked, but that might be how it's supposed to work?

FlippyFloppy

FarSight Employee
Nov 13, 2013
Just some minor issues. Some might already be in list and some might be how the table actually is programmed, if so it's a misunderstanding on my behalf. Anyway.

No background pic for Diner at table selection.

The beginning part of background music gets stuck and loops. Fixes itself after a while when other sounds are activated. (Rare, can't really say what causes it)

Sometimes ball lock opens up when shooting up the left ramp, like it's supposed to do when you shoot the right ramp. (Occasionally)

I've had two or three hard shots at lock go right through lock. (Rare)

Never played the real table so don't know how it's supposed to work, but the today's special random award acts weird, I get the impression the award is not always given, but random score gets awarded instead. Might be from a workaround for not giving extra ball every first award? Also always gives multiball every time a ball is locked, but that might be how it's supposed to work?

The background pic is really dark. Pausing during I believe is causing the loop. The left ramp has a collision issue that is lifting the ball and is triggering the switch for the right ramp. I've had the same problem with the ball lock but it's even fairly hard to reproduce with a ball cannon. Regarding the Today's special, I believe thats how they set it. It's priority is points however it does give extra balls and always starts multiball. We'll be posting a new beta here shortly.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

No members online now.

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Latest posts