Android Table Pack 20 Beta

Status
Not open for further replies.
K

Korven

Damn it I was just going to bed! Didn't expect a beta on a weekend. Thanks! :D

ZenTron

Jul 21, 2013
"An existing package by the same name with a conflicting signature is already installed." I haven't seen that one before with these betas.

Ryan Routon

FarSight Employee
Feb 24, 2012
Ok, edited the original link to version b, that should be the properly signed apk.

gypsyshred

Apr 12, 2012
On a random note, have you considered public betas for PC? Steam has the option to roll out and patch automatically for beta opt ins. I'm sure there are plenty of people that would be willing to test, but don't have access to Android devices.

Ryan Routon

FarSight Employee
Feb 24, 2012
Have I? No =) more of a Mike question, not sure if that is even possible with the steam requirements.

N

netizen

On a random note, have you considered public betas for PC? Steam has the option to roll out and patch automatically for beta opt ins. I'm sure there are plenty of people that would be willing to test, but don't have access to Android devices.

There wa sa public beta for Steam prior to the commercial release, presently the beta for PC is closed. It was a Kickstarter reward level.

N

netizen

The locked/scrolling view selection issue in the options at the plunge screen is still there :/

On the Plunge screen you cannot change the locked/scrolling view while at the plunge screen, you have to be on the playfield view to make the change from the options menu.

Based on my extrapolation ~16B for 1000 HOF points on CBW. :O

Operators Menu UI is totally borked for CBW, just like Tee'd Off. Won't bother to write it up as there are plenty of well written posts on how broke it is.

Last edited:

Bass Mummy

Jul 26, 2012
Thanks Ryan. I'd like to offer some feedback on CBW.

I have a local CBW that I get to play a fair amount during the summers and the flippers feel too powerful to me. For starters, the ramp should be harder to make it up, and I've had several instances so far where the ball has deflected off the cue ball and then flown through the horseshoe, which I've never seen even once on the real table. Perhaps the cue ball needs to be given more mass?

Last edited:

superballs

Apr 12, 2012
I want to call my neighbor's ISP and tell them that they have the worst internet connection I've ever stolen.

Anyway, currently downloading, can't wait to try it.

N

netizen

On Eldorado: City of Gold the pop bumpers seem a bit on the weak side, whereas the slingshots seem far too strong.

On CBW the slings also seem way too strong. I have had a ball get caught in the slings for long enough for an entire 15 second mode to pass. This seems to be excessive, IMO.

OTT: Have you had a look at the complex flipper physics being modelled in the Unity 3D and VP project? Their use of solenoid response curves to get more realistic flipper action is just genius.
If this sort of thing could be implemented in TPA ... ZOMG!!!

Jeff Strong

Staff member
Feb 19, 2012
Thanks Ryan. I'd like to offer some feedback on CBW.

I have a local CBW that I get to play a fair amount during the summers and the flippers feel too powerful to me. For starters, the ramp should be harder to make it up, and I've had several instances so far where the ball has deflected off the cue ball and then flown through the horseshoe, which I've never seen even once on the real table. Perhaps the cue ball needs to be given more mass?

Yes, the cue ball definitely needs more mass. When you hit it, the pinball should bounce back and off to the sides instead of going up past it.

I agree about the ramp too.

superballs

Apr 12, 2012
On the one I played, the ramp was a right bastard to hit, and being one of the main shots, it added a lot of challenge.

And yes those complex flipper physics are simply amazing.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

No members online now.

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Latest posts