Android - Bug Android VER 1.0.8 Bugs

Status
Not open for further replies.

Vip8888

Mar 25, 2012
Hmm... when you first open the program after installing it and it presents the restoring transactions... let it sit for a few minutes and allow that store/app to sync up. Don't open any tables or close the program. At least for me on Transformer Prime/GalaxyS2 that resolves the issue. Hope that helps. You can also go to apps, select TPA, then hit clear cache, then clear data (this will force the program to restore transactions again).

FYI for android users... you can backup the tables to save data if you want... under SDcard > android > data > com.farsight.* > files. This houses all the tables. Backup as needed. This helps me because when I flash new roms I don't want to be re-downloading tables everytime.

Thanks for the suggestion, but clearing cache and data doesn't work for me. I now get the DLC error for all three DLC packs, and trying to start base tables just crashes the app. I'll try uninstalling and reinstalling again.

Generally the latest version has seemed very flaky with lots of crashes, so hopefully Farsight will get a new version out early next week. I get the crashes on both the tablet and the phone so doubt it is device dependent.

Vip8888

Mar 25, 2012
Thanks for the suggestion, but clearing cache and data doesn't work for me. I now get the DLC error for all three DLC packs, and trying to start base tables just crashes the app. I'll try uninstalling and reinstalling again.

Generally the latest version has seemed very flaky with lots of crashes, so hopefully Farsight will get a new version out early next week. I get the crashes on both the tablet and the phone so doubt it is device dependent.

Right, I've completely uninstalled and reinstalled, but now can't play any tables at all due to the DLC error. As I restarted app after reinstalling, I briefly got a message about restoring transactions before the app crashed. Opening it again, I don't get this message, but instead get the DLC issue for all tables.

Farsight, a fix for this ASAP would be appreciated please - let me know if any further info is required.

Lazymantech

Apr 7, 2012
Right, I've completely uninstalled and reinstalled, but now can't play any tables at all due to the DLC error. As I restarted app after reinstalling, I briefly got a message about restoring transactions before the app crashed. Opening it again, I don't get this message, but instead get the DLC issue for all tables.

Farsight, a fix for this ASAP would be appreciated please - let me know if any further info is required.

I can send you a copy of my APK and you can see if that will work. PM me with email address and I will send it to you.

ND3G

Feb 25, 2012
One last thing...still waiting for you to replace the four burned out flashers on Medieval Madness... :)
lol you will have to remind me of that one :) where are they?

Ryan, you are starting to make me nervous. Pin Wiz posted this bug way back on April 10th in the Android 1.05 Bug thread.

In Medieval Madness, the four red flashers toward the top of the playfield are not working...

There are a couple of visual bugs that were logged quite a while ago that never seem to get addressed.

For example:
The green light on the big wheel (BOP) still reads 10 Billion when it should read 10 Million.
The side art on the backboards of many of the tables are still backwards.

I would like to think you guys are actually logging the issues we are finding.

Matt McIrvin

Jun 5, 2012
Yep, and this also happens on other games like CV and BoP. All you can hear are the mechanical SFX and the environmental effects like ball rolling noise. Until you hit a scoop that changes the music, or restarts the tune. It's almost like hitting a scoop resets the music and fixes the problem.

Yeah, like the earlier poster, I also saw (or heard, or rather didn't hear) that on Monster Bash. It occurs to me that the Gorgar issue I was posting about earlier could conceivably be another manifestation of this.

Matt McIrvin

Jun 5, 2012
I am trying to track down the billing problem now, any more info you guys can give would be great (and thanks for all the info so far, its a big help). Was this always happening to you guys?

The first time I purchased DLC, it was with the version before save to external SD card was implemented, and the app was so unstable for me then that it's hard to say what the behavior was. I had to reboot my phone a lot.

The second time was with 1.0.7, and I do think I saw the same behavior then: DLC purchases not recognized until after application restart.

bossyman15

Feb 28, 2012
question... was there any rom changes for BOP? Now every time during muiltball the red light in center of the wheel lights up. It did not happen before.

Vip8888

Mar 25, 2012
I can send you a copy of my APK and you can see if that will work. PM me with email address and I will send it to you.

Thanks for the offer, but hopefully no need. I went back to the app settings, cleared cache and data, force closed and uninstalled. I then restarted the tablet and reinstalled from the market. Leaving the tablet in landscape mode (just in case) I started the app using the Open link in the Market. This time it didn't crash while restoring transactions and it appears I can download tables from each DLC pack. :)

Now I just have to start working on the wizard goals again... ;)

pyroxian

May 25, 2012
Another thing I noticed was that, as with earlier versions, I seemed to have to force-quit and restart the game before it noticed that I'd actually bought the DLC pack.

On my tablet (Asus Transformer TF101), the whole app stopped working whenever I bought any DLC and had to be restarted. Worked like a charm after that though :) Really enjoying Gorgar.

Lazymantech

Apr 7, 2012
Thanks for the offer, but hopefully no need. I went back to the app settings, cleared cache and data, force closed and uninstalled. I then restarted the tablet and reinstalled from the market. Leaving the tablet in landscape mode (just in case) I started the app using the Open link in the Market. This time it didn't crash while restoring transactions and it appears I can download tables from each DLC pack. :)

Be sure to start saving your save_data file. This will save your wizard goals as Nick from above confirmed. Cheers!

Lazymantech

Apr 7, 2012

Be sure to start saving your save_data file. This will save your wizard goals as Nick from above confirmed. Its saved under data>data>com.farsight*>files. Glad to hear your rolling again. Cheers!

N

Nik Barbour

So, I guess we should start saving our save_data file? :D

Worked for me yesterday when I had to wipe the app and re-install.
Wizard goals and local high scores were restored perfectly.

I have to use 'Root Explorer' app to see these files. Its hidden from 'Astro'.
Can non-rooted devices see the location data/data/com.farsight/files/saved_data?

Last edited:

Ryan Routon

FarSight Employee
Feb 24, 2012
We are logging them but unfortunately performance issues / crashes take the priority =) and I was at my house when I was replying to that so I did not have access to our database, I just couldn't remember that particular bug.

Ryan, you are starting to make me nervous. Pin Wiz posted this bug way back on April 10th in the Android 1.05 Bug thread.

There are a couple of visual bugs that were logged quite a while ago that never seem to get addressed.

For example:
The green light on the big wheel (BOP) still reads 10 Billion when it should read 10 Million.
The side art on the backboards of many of the tables are still backwards.

I would like to think you guys are actually logging the issues we are finding.

Ryan Routon

FarSight Employee
Feb 24, 2012
Ok just an update to the restoring transactions bug, it seems that some devices are having a rare timing issue where the database reports that it is created and ready to go when in fact it is not causing an exception to be thrown and hence the crash you guys are seeing. This seems to be a bug in the sample code that google provided. I will keep you guys updated

N

Nik Barbour

Thanks for the update Ryan - really appreciate you keeping us in the loop.

Any news on Funhouse lag introduced 1.0.8?

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

No members online now.

Members online

No members online now.