Status
Not open for further replies.

jaredmorgs

Staff member
May 8, 2012
Nexus 7 ver. 4.2.2

Game-pinbot

Bug-cyclops

The left eye works OK, but 9 times out of 10, when I aim for the right eye, instead of locking the ball, it just bounces out. This happens even with a perfectly aimed shoot. Anyone else experiencing this?

Try downloading the latest REZ file for the table by deleting the existing REZ file. I found that cases of what you are describing have reduced significantly by getting the latest REZ file.

Ryan Routon

FarSight Employee
Feb 24, 2012
ok I found the crash issue, we are ripping out the ads and putting one from Pinball Arcade Magazine in place. I will have to look closer at the firepower issue.

Ryan Routon

FarSight Employee
Feb 24, 2012
Can anyone repro the firepower bug Mad07 found? I am wondering if he has a corrupt save file...

K

Korven

How is work on pin bot going? Can't wait to play it with a whole bunch of EBs.

Mad07

Feb 13, 2013
Only to go sure, I've delete the table Firepower and reload them. Direct after loading the program crashed

Reproducible : yes (2times)
Steps to reproduce
delete the table via manage your table
Select Firepower and confirm that the table will be deleted
After delete go into my table
Select firepower
The download started
Direct after DL the App crashed

Last edited:

Baron Rubik

Mar 21, 2013
Only to go sure, I've delete the table Firepower and reload them. Direct after loading the program crashed

Reproducible : yes (2times)
Steps to reproduce
delete the table via manage your table
Select Firepower and confirm that the table will be deleted
After delete go into my table
Select firepower
The download started
Direct after DL the App crashed

Ryan was saying he thinks your issue might be a corrupt save file.
The save file is different to the table file.
A single save file holds the data for all the table high scores and Goals you have achieved.

Be careful though - deleting this file may be the only way to fix your problem, but it will remove ALL your high scores and goal achievements.

This file is located here...
/DATA/DATA/COM.FARSIGHT.ANDROIDPINBALL.JAVAPROJECT/FILES/saved_data

It can also be deleted by doing the following alternate method...
In the App manager - open Pinball Arcade, and press the 'Clear Data' button shown in the clip below.
gagasymu.jpg

You might want to move the file as opposed to deleting it though.

I hope your problem gets sorted!

Mad07

Feb 13, 2013
This file is located here...
/DATA/DATA/COM.FARSIGHT.ANDROIDPINBALL.JAVAPROJECT/FILES/saved_data

It can also be deleted by doing the following alternate method...
In the App manager - open Pinball Arcade, and press the 'Clear Data' button shown in the clip below.

THX for the information of the location - I have found this one already on another place here in the forum

Believe me, I don't want delete all my scores and goals .... That's the very, very last way which I want go....

Baron Rubik

Mar 21, 2013
THX for the information of the location - I have found this one already on another place here in the forum

Believe me, I don't want delete all my scores and goals .... That's the very, very last way which I want go....

Understandably - I keep a rolling back up of mine each week just in case.

Mad07

Feb 13, 2013
Backup good and nice, but I didn't know at which time the bug is in. I know, at which time I've detect him.... That's uncomfortable not enough in this case

Gesendet von meinem A510 mit Tapatalk 2

Mad07

Feb 13, 2013
Table cactus canyon
Os android 4.1.2
Tablett A510

Maybe I've missunderstood the goal or explanation :
My last open goal is to reach the rang as Marshall. In the middle of the table there is more or less a half circle with 5 lamps. The right one is the Marshall one.
I was playing in Multiplayer Mode and the fourth player reached all 5 lamps (Marshall, the right one, was lighting) but the table still said that this goal is not reached. The manual told also not more deeper. What does I miss, or it is a bug?
Or does it means that I must reached the status of Marshall and get also the spezial?

Last edited:

Xanija

Staff member
May 29, 2013
Not really a bug, more of a strange message on the Tournament screen: The german text says:

Derzeit gibt es kein aktives Turnier, das am 05/03/2013 at 14:09 PM PST anfängt und am 06/10/2013 at 12:00PM PST endet.

This message says: "Currently there is no active tournament, which begins..."

Not sure if it applies to all mobile systems, therefore I put it in this thread.

Mad07

Feb 13, 2013
Not really a bug, more of a strange message on the Tournament screen: The german text says:

This message says: "Currently there is no active tournament, which begins..."

Not sure if it applies to all mobile systems, therefore I put it in this thread.

Same was on A510

Day

Jan 9, 2013
Device/OS: Nexus 7, Android 4.2.1 JB Stock

Bug Description: TPA exits abruptly

Steps To Reproduce: happens mostly when browsing leaderboards; also happens but to a lesser extent when a paused game is resumed or when android device is "powered off" and then on resume, TPA will hang for some time and then crash

Frequency: often. 30-40% ?

Additional Comments: doesn't happen during gameplay. this release seems to be the most crash-prone yet :-(

OK so i see Ryan Routon's post acknowledging the crashing problems... (post #42)
is this supposed to be resolved already or is still to be resolved in the next release/Google Play update ?

Was playing a purchased table (i think it was Circus Voltaire but not totally sure) and i could swear i briefly saw some advertising for "Mortal Kombat tips" on the DMD

but why am i seeing an ad for Mortal Kombat tips on a paid table ?

Last edited:

jaredmorgs

Staff member
May 8, 2012
Was playing a purchased table (i think it was Circus Voltaire but not totally sure) and i could swear i briefly saw some advertising for "Mortal Kombat tips" on the DMD

Midway and Bally were sibling divisions of the same company. Cross-promotion of video games were common practise in pinball games of that era. The tips were presented on the DMD when you made certain shot sequences on some tables.

Day

Jan 9, 2013
thanks for the clarification Jared... it all makes sense now ;)

i may be getting on a bit now, but i would've been surprised to hear that the MK franchise was still going strong....and i was pondering why Farsight would be embedding such an ad in the game.

so you are saying that i triggered that particular ad by a specific shot selection ? kinda like accessing a gang screen. i wonder what else is buried within... though outside of tournament play i don't know how much time i'd spend with Circus Voltaire. the table is very colourful to the point where distinguishing the ball can be difficult at times.... and i'm not at all convinced by the large menagerie ball

N

netizen

Midway and Bally were sibling divisions of the same company. Cross-promotion of video games were common practise in pinball games of that era. The tips were presented on the DMD when you made certain shot sequences on some tables.

Activate MK3 Secrets
Hold in the right flipper when starting a game. "Congratulations!" Display reads: MK3 Symbols Activated. Spell THEATRE to Reveal Symbols. It didn't seem to do anything, though.

TOM has a built in MK3 easter egg program.

rehtroboi40

Oct 20, 2012

No Fear was one such game that offered mk3 hints as rewards.

rehtroboi40

Oct 20, 2012
Try downloading the latest REZ file for the table by deleting the existing REZ file. I found that cases of what you are describing have reduced significantly by getting the latest REZ file.

Thanks-will try this next chance I get.

K

Korven

Did mange to repo Mad's goals issue. Playing Centaur on my phone I got the last goal I had left (5 ball multiball) which ended with the game breaking bug.

Tilted and exited the game; all goals are ticked off but tilt is still locked.

N

netizen

Did mange to repo Mad's goals issue. Playing Centaur on my phone I got the last goal I had left (5 ball multiball) which ended with the game breaking bug.

Tilted and exited the game; all goals are ticked off but tilt is still locked.

Once you finish another game does the tilt become available? I had a similar issue happen before but all I had to do was to finish a game; not do the exit restart method, but play until last ball out, and go through the final score screen back to the start menu again.

mad07 likely has a corrupt save file because of their genie allowing tilt off, with open goals, but FPs tilt still being locked, with goals completed. This seems a little like the leader board glitch, and the only probable way to get around it will be to delete the save data and start over again, unfortunately.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

No members online now.

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Latest posts