Banzai Run!!!

SKILL_SHOT

Banned
Jul 11, 2012
Or CV cannon ball where it doesn't even look at the headboard sometimes :( and thats 1 time in a game not a key element to the game like BANZAI RUN.

Clawhammer

Nov 1, 2012
I'd like to see BR; TPA has a nice collection of Lawlor games and it would always be nice to have another one. They'd have to make sure that the physics in the upper playfield were well simulated to get the full experience.

Last edited:

Kevlar

Feb 20, 2012
That looks great but Farsight would definitely have to defeat their arch enemy first, the dreaded camera bug.

grashopper

Sep 14, 2012
That looks great but Farsight would definitely have to defeat their arch enemy first, the dreaded camera bug.

Speaking of that. Has anyone had a issue with the Scared Stiff spider wheel? I have yet to see any camera issues on that table so maybe they could pull it off.

Kevlar

Feb 20, 2012
Speaking of that. Has anyone had a issue with the Scared Stiff spider wheel? I have yet to see any camera issues on that table so maybe they could pull it off.

You are right, I haven't had any issue with the camera on SS spider wheel.

smooverr

Oct 28, 2012
On scared stiff? Can you get to the spider wheel on multiball?

Yup, I'm not sure if it's the result of another bug before it, but quite a few times I've had two balls in play and the table thinks I have only one so it activates. And the camera does something different every time. Cant remember if it's happened during a legit multiball session, but I'm inclined to say it hasn't.

Matt McIrvin

Jun 5, 2012
I felt like giving this thread a bump up. I'm planning a trip up to the Pinball Wizard Arcade in NH soon,so my daughter cal finally play a pinball machine - and I'll get to play the WOZ table too - but they also have Banzai Run,so that will be awesome to play. But playing this in TPA would also be great - so hopefully FS can make it happen :)

I've played the one there, but I don't think I played it enough to actually make much use of the upper playfield!

SilverBalls

Apr 12, 2012
This is the perfect table to show off a 2/3 screen cabinet mode with the backglass playfield. Groni built a cab version in VP but he was forced to show the backglass playfield on the main one as an overlay. The Zen Paranormal table is in a similar vein.

There is a video of someone's cab playing VP cab version :

http://m.youtube.com/#/watch?v=-wRyZDq68ow&desktop_uri=/watch?v=-wRyZDq68ow&gl=GB

Lookout for the pop up play field.

Nightwing

Aug 1, 2012
I decided to bump up my thread about the possibility of my favorite 80's table making it into TPA.
Why,do you ask? Well,I will tell you. :)

This is why.
I asked this question on TPA's FB page yesterday. Here is that,and the response:

So I see that people here are posting about tables that they would like,(I'm one of them) and I'm glad that FS/TPA is doing a much better job communicating with its fans here on FB.

Anyways,I've asked about two of the three all-time favorite tables - Road Show & The Shadow. (Other than what is already in TPA,of course) So...now is the time to ask if there is a realistic chance for my #1...

Is there any way that Banzai Run can make it into TPA? Aside from being the table that finally hooked me into loving pinball - it has,IMO - significant historical value attached to it,with BR being Pat Lawlor's 1st designed table,as well as the first (only?) backglass playable playfield. Besides,it's fun!...

The Pinball Arcade: Definitely on our radar... perhaps in the next season pack at some point, but we're not sure ourselves yet.

Well,I was wrong about BR being the first table with a vertical playfield. That was a Genco 1951 pin called Double Action - though all it did was bring a ball up to the top of the box,and then release it through some pins for an additional score.

Nevertheless, knowing that my favorite pin has a good chance to get into TPA is enough to get me excited!

vpalmer

Aug 18, 2013
i think its valuable, btw here is NBA Fastbreak with backglass minigame too, but BR's version is much more "intense" and this is Ed Boon's table - may be he can help a little with emulation of it, lol)))

shutyertrap

Staff member
Mar 14, 2012
i think its valuable, btw here is NBA Fastbreak with backglass minigame too, but BR's version is much more "intense" and this is Ed Boon's table - may be he can help a little with emulation of it, lol)))

NBA Fastbreak, CV, T3, I consider those to all be just mini games on the back glass. Banzai Run is more actual pinball, which is what makes it pretty one of a kind.

karl

May 10, 2012
This would indeed be a cab owners dream come through if they ever do it and if there ever will be a 2 or 3 screen version of TPA ;-)

A fun and unique table but probably a challenge that will take up to much time to make and getting this to play smooth on the mobiles is probably another challenge for the Farsight team

SydyneBall

Jul 18, 2013
Reading through this thread brought back memories! I loved playing this game and trying to beat the King of the Hill! Used to be in a bar near me. I'd like to see this game on TPA!

Nightwing

Aug 1, 2012
I've decided to bump up my own Banzai Run thread. The last we had heard from FS a few months ago on the FB page was that it probably wasn't going to get done.

But,after my interview with Norman from FS @ PAX East, my hopes were restored. And then...yesterday on the TPA FB page - my most wanted table was brought up again. The response:

The Pinball Arcade Sure is, we've discussed it... the playfield design could be a bit problematic, but if we are confident we can do it justice it may make it to the game some day. We all really like the idea.

So there you go.

Members online

No members online now.

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Latest posts