Bugs/problems with BK for PS3...

Matt McIrvin

Jun 5, 2012
The difference between the TPA version of the playfield and the real life one posted above are just amazing. Incredible to me that Farsight could release a playfield graphic that is so different from the real thing.

I think it's a consequence of the general choice to have ambient playfield illumination be very dark, to make the playfield lights pop out. I think Farsight is currently overdoing it a bit on the consoles, but I think they're trying to address the general problem of the limited dynamic range of a screen display, in which making things generally brighter inevitably hurts the contrast associated with simulated lights.

I know there are long-term plans to make this adjustable.

spoonman

Apr 20, 2012
What is your score?

It's pretty terrible. I can't check my PS3 scores on the iOS leaderboards (which I assume is normal?), but his Vita score shows up on here and it's 17 million.

My score was slightly lower than the Wizard Goal, whatever that is.

DarthVonDoom

Jun 13, 2012
When I play on Vita I easily make around 2 and a half million and I can barely make a million on PS3. The way the ball rolls incorrectly onto the upper left flipper make locking balls so much harder it's the main reason why Vita and PS3 score are so much different I would think.

Sinistar

Jun 20, 2012
Does anyone know if this is much easier on the Vita than the PS3?
I see people who are of about equal skill level as me (on my PS3 friend's list) that are absolutely crushing my score on this table.

I know it's possible I just suck at this table, but I have them beat on just about every other table so something seems fishy.

The problem with PS3 BK , VS the PS Vita Black Knight , is the upper flippers on the PS Vita actually work and push the ball as it hits the upper left flippper.
So yes the Vita Black Knight is easier than the Ps3 version. It's easier to keep the ball in play on the upper field on Vita . Looking over this thread , I'd say every time FarSight does a remake of a old Pinball Hall of Fame table previously shown on that game , they try to make it look like a diffrent table . Someone is over-editing the tables so they look more unique .

Most of the time , the changes are muted tones and darker lighting, I think they are avoiding the stigma of just re-releasing their old tables , which for most of us, looked close to perfect. The other problem is that they use a "base version" for each platform . For consoles it's the Xbox 360 which is the master version , then they take that version and convert it to PS3 , PC, and Mac .

For the mobile version of TPA , Im not sure , it's probably IOS , then that version is used to make Ps Vita , Ipod Touch, ect.

Their biggest work is the physics tests , and Rom emulation optimisation for each platform. The last thing to check and complete is probably the actual graphic conversions (at least that's how I figure it , considering how the game keeps having these visual flaws)

If my deductions are true , there is a master team for Xbox 360 and IOS , then a sub team is handed the master file to convert into their team's platform .
the question is , how many different tables are they trying to manage and convert at any given time ?

Jim O'Brien

Feb 28, 2012
Just played the PHOF version of this again and man it is so much better than the Arcade one. Know all about some of the flaws from the older game and one that really stands out was the upper right flipper being to large and blocking a direct shot up the ramp. PHOF Black Knight's ramps were way more forgiving than Arcades especially that left one. Think we need more camera angles too in particular I would flip for joy if they ever brought back smart cam 2 you could see the whole upper part of the table very well compared to what we have now. If you still have your disc copy do yourself a favour and fire it up right after an Arcade game of Black Knight the differences are amazing to say the least.

aagstn

Oct 6, 2012
I put some time into this one on the Vita and PS3 as this is one of my favorite tables since childhood. I was great on the original machine and had no issues clearing all the wizard goals in the PHOF version. This version though is completely broken. The upper level is so buggy I can't believe this was actually released and that is hasn't been fixed yet. I pretty much had the same bugs everyone else has noted here. The bad part is the ones that cause the game to have to be completely reset which were happening to me frequently. Trying to lock the third ball and it gets stuck hovering above, having one of the balls just vanish and being unable to continue because the table thinks there is still a ball in play and having the score display scramble so you can't read it. I have some minor bugs on ocassion with the other tables, but this one is unbelievable. I hope they address this soon. The wizard goals are difficult to complete when you have to keep restarting the table once the upper level glitches on you.

Members online

No members online now.

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Latest posts