Can someone please explain how tilt works?

Baron Rubik

Mar 21, 2013
I've tried to use shake nudging on Nexus 7.... but have found it to be far too sensitive. Simply holding the pad & playing, i'm generating unwanted nudge events and consequent tilts. Ideally i'd like configurable motion sensor sensitivity. I looked in the Android settings (stock JB 4.2.1) and also on Google Play but could not find anything.

either of you guys, or anyone else reading, know if there's a way to desensitize the motion sensor ?

Not that I know of Day.

Zen for Android has a setting within it allowing you to adjust how hard you have to shake for a nudge to register - TPA could do with this same feature.

Made me laugh when I read your post. I generally play portrait with sixaxis app and touch nudge through a controller - but if playing in bed (TPA - not with myself) I'll play Landscape & shake nudge, only problem being, it's so sensitive on the N7 every time the missus rolls over I get a tilt, and she's a skinny little thing, someone with a crumper would really suffer. :D

norbert26

Apr 21, 2013
Although not great, but better than the rest, I think touch nudge works best for iOS. Shake just does respond, or over responds, swipe too long. I hate moving my fingers from the flippers, but touch seems to be more natural until shake is reworked.
i tried to use touch nudge. by the time i get my fingers back into the flipper position the ball is drained anyways if i achieved the nudge in the first place. Last night i was shooting firepower and i DEFINITELY was having some luck with shake nudging and score improvements. The issue may be various iOS devices and variations of iOS builds. YMMV from table to table as well it seems to perform better on older tables like firepower or space shuttle . Performance was not as good on the newer DMD era tables . adding to the mix is There is also portrait vs. landscape mode therefore The best thing to do is try different options on the tables you play and see what works best for you in each situation.

sotie

Aug 30, 2012
i tried to use touch nudge. by the time i get my fingers back into the flipper position the ball is drained anyways if i achieved the nudge in the first place.

I've found that the best placement of the thumbs for flippers on iPad/iPad Mini is about halfway up the screen just below the touch nudge target zone. This way I can quickly nudge then get my thumb back into position quick enough to catch a flip. It took me quite a while to train myself to get used to the higher thumb placement for flippers but it's really easy to nudge this way.

Also, I prefer touch nudge to swipe and shake.

pinballchris

Oct 6, 2012
I've found that the best placement of the thumbs for flippers on iPad/iPad Mini is about halfway up the screen just below the touch nudge target zone. This way I can quickly nudge then get my thumb back into position quick enough to catch a flip. It took me quite a while to train myself to get used to the higher thumb placement for flippers but it's really easy to nudge this way.

Also, I prefer touch nudge to swipe and shake.

Yes, I do this as well. The downfall is the occasional nuge/tilt when you want to flip due to mulitple touches. I would much rather trust my fingers though than trying to shake and re-adjusting the eyes to the screen after moving it.

Touch nudgers are going to be so blown away on this next update. That's all I'll say.

Vertical nudge as well?

DeeEff

Feb 28, 2013
Think bigger.

Full nudging in all directions: left/right (x-axis), forward/backward (y-axis), and up/down (z-axis), and any combination thereof.

And it's controlled by retina tracking from the forward-facing camera. Wait, that wouldn't be touch nudging, would it?

:)

smbhax

Apr 24, 2012
The recently posted 2012 PAPA Circuit Final Round 5 has some great demonstrations of a tilt bob in action on a recent machine--Iron Man--and a good discussion by Bowen Kerins, immediately following this violent save by Daniele Acciari at 8:15, on what you can get away with on a tilt bob and how modern machines are often easier because they're made with a "de-bounce" grace period between tilt warnings.

And really I recommend watching that whole round, some great stuff in there including other extreme-ish nudges, for instance by Adam Becker at 2:40 and again in an escalating series starting at 19:20.

Members online

No members online now.

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Latest posts