Disabling Family Mode

noneed4me2

Feb 2, 2013
Not trying to necro this thread but it was vague on whether Family mode came disabled without having to purchase pro mode. Well, it is disabled on default. That's right, no need to buy it if that's all your worried about, but I look at it as supporting farsight regardless. The dialog is still buggy but you can get most of the naughty bits in a long game.

Ruz-El

Sep 6, 2012
Add me to the list of those that think this should be able to played family mode off with no handicapping to the leader boards and goals. On the PS3 version I had to go into the operators menu to turn it off, it was defaulted as on.

Neil L

Aug 5, 2012
Add me to the list of those that think this should be able to played family mode off with no handicapping to the leader boards and goals.

I agree with you there, maybe a family mode on/off option could be added to the pro menu for games with family mode (that saves the chosen option and doesn't interfere with high scores etc.)

dtown8532

Apr 10, 2012
Splurged on the pro version today on the ps3. What a difference some lines of dialog make! The multiball start "I'll get him up!" makes much more sense. Family mode off is the only way to play. Need to make it so you register on the leaderboards and complete goals though because I'm not playing SS with it on anymore.

Shaneus

Mar 26, 2012
Apologies for the bump (again) but I only found after listening to some podcast that there was a thing called family mode and it was on by default. I've bought the pro pack but want to be able to post a high score (especially after getting an insane one by my standards the other day and not being able to register it). Has there been any word from FS about this? Clearly it's been an issue for a while. There has to be a way to enable it without affecting the ability to post scores.

N

netizen

RTFM!

As soon as you turn on the operators menu, AKA Pro Mode, you get that pop up saying that leader boards are now inaccessible.
This has been the state of it since day 1. No secrets were hidden about this particular issue.
All the requests to the otherwise will not change it.

Farsight says this is to get an E Rating. Regardless the option is play without and get leaderboards. Play with and don't.

Get over it.

[/discussion]

Shaneus

Mar 26, 2012
Wait, what? I'm requesting that we get the option to enable it and still have leaderboard access. I said I *want* to be able to enable it and post leaderboard scores, not that it should've and didn't.

RTFP again.

And tone down the aggro, tiger. No need to get testy around here.

Last edited:

Members online

No members online now.

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Latest posts