DLC Release Date

Mike Reitmeyer

FarSight Employee
Mar 13, 2012
At one point that was the plan, but now it's expected to be released around the middle of the month. Correct me if I'm wrong, but I think pack 3 was also included in the title update, so we won't need to download another one until pack 4.

The code for Pack 3 is in the title update, should be released mid August. You won't need a title update to play that pack. For Pack 4 a title update will be necessary.

l assume no lag was introduced with the new lighting in dlc tables?

Most of the lighting was already in our engine, it just wasn't being used properly, so it shouldn't introduce any lag or frame rate issues.

MSN1983

Aug 1, 2012
Tables look fantastic. Anybody else having problems with Leader boards? My local scores show up but it doesn't show any scores for global.

Richard B

Apr 7, 2012
Tables look fantastic. Anybody else having problems with Leader boards? My local scores show up but it doesn't show any scores for global.
Leaderboards not working yet. Shame, since this is probably the only time I'll place in the top 100.

Matt McIrvin

Jun 5, 2012
While I love BoP as a table, do you not find the physics a little bouncy ?

It is a little bouncy, but not as bouncy as Cirqus Voltaire, where the ball seems to be filled with helium.

Of the DLC #1 and #2 tables, I think Funhouse has the best flipper physics. Bride of Pinbot isn't bad. The TPA physics champ thus far is probably Creature from the Black Lagoon, but I imagine it'll be a while before we see that one in XBox land.

Tim Thornton

Jul 26, 2012
It is a little bouncy, but not as bouncy as Cirqus Voltaire, where the ball seems to be filled with helium.

Of the DLC #1 and #2 tables, I think Funhouse has the best flipper physics. Bride of Pinbot isn't bad. The TPA physics champ thus far is probably Creature from the Black Lagoon, but I imagine it'll be a while before we see that one in XBox land.

CV physics feels very light but the lighting looks very good. I do have a problem with this new lighting though as it seems that Farsight have made the lights flash on and off more 'instantly' causing the ball to be hard to follow and creates a strobing effect. If the lights had more of a traditional bulb feeling where they turn on and off a bit slower it wouldn't do this. I never had this issue on PHOF but several PA games are very bad like RBION and CV. I would very much hope that future updates reintroduce the 'fade characteristics' of incandescant bulbs which even new manufacturers using LED like Stern and JJP are trying replicate.

Mike Reitmeyer

FarSight Employee
Mar 13, 2012
Does this mean it will be fixed in the next title or optional update?

It'll be part of a patch to the DLC. I need to talk to MS on how we go about doing that.

CV physics feels very light but the lighting looks very good. I do have a problem with this new lighting though as it seems that Farsight have made the lights flash on and off more 'instantly' causing the ball to be hard to follow and creates a strobing effect. If the lights had more of a traditional bulb feeling where they turn on and off a bit slower it wouldn't do this. I never had this issue on PHOF but several PA games are very bad like RBION and CV. I would very much hope that future updates reintroduce the 'fade characteristics' of incandescant bulbs which even new manufacturers using LED like Stern and JJP are trying replicate.

Making the lamps look like Incandescent bulbs is something I've been working on. I had it working on one table, but when I tried it on another table it was causing some weird texture issues. It'll be implemented one day when I get some time to look into it some more.

Kevlar

Feb 20, 2012
Making the lamps look like Incandescent bulbs is something I've been working on. I had it working on one table, but when I tried it on another table it was causing some weird texture issues. It'll be implemented one day when I get some time to look into it some more.

Mike while you are discussing table lighting how about commenting on the playfield lights of IOS version of Medieval Madness? You dimmed the table and relit the castle a greenish tint a little while ago which while fairly nice looking as it was darker, made the playfield lights way too dim. It annoys me every time I play the table. Will you ever re-brighten the playfield lights? Sorry to mention that here in an Xbox thread but I've brought it up elsewhere plenty of times as well as emails to support but I've never even seen it acknowledged by FS.

Rafie

Jul 17, 2012
Is anyone experiencing a great deal of lag on BoP? I am. Especially when you're morphing the android. The cube lags like crazy when it turns to show a different face.

Mike Reitmeyer

FarSight Employee
Mar 13, 2012
Mike while you are discussing table lighting how about commenting on the playfield lights of IOS version of Medieval Madness? You dimmed the table and relit the castle a greenish tint a little while ago which while fairly nice looking as it was darker, made the playfield lights way too dim. It annoys me every time I play the table. Will you ever re-brighten the playfield lights? Sorry to mention that here in an Xbox thread but I've brought it up elsewhere plenty of times as well as emails to support but I've never even seen it acknowledged by FS.

I don't have anything to do with the iOS version. I'll bring it up with the artists tomorrow to see what's going on.

N

Nik Barbour

5 1/2 hours sleep last night due to BOPping.
Now up for work - not going to be a high productivity day today.
Sneaked in some FH & CV before leaving.

Anyone know why the leaderboards aren't working?
Is this same issue Beelzebozo warned.
If so could someone explain how to fix for an xbox noob?

Tim Thornton

Jul 26, 2012
It'll be part of a patch to the DLC. I need to talk to MS on how we go about doing that.

That sounds great, thanks. It's a pretty big issue for me and lovely though the darker tables look, the brightness and ferocity of the flashing inserts makes it actually unpleasant to follow ball movement. I'm hoping that if you have problems solving this issue, it could be solved temporarily by having the option to have variable room lighting in the game which I think many people including me have asked for anyway. Thanks again for your reply.

Daniel Osborne

Feb 28, 2012
5 1/2 hours sleep last night due to BOPping.
Now up for work - not going to be a high productivity day today.
zed in some FH & CV before leaving.

Anyone know why the leaderboards aren't working?
Is this same issue Beelzebozo warned.
If so could someone explain how to fix for an xbox noob?

Hi nik.
Same here - but at least I'm off work for two weeks.
I was going to bed at 12. 45 and had to have one more look for pack two, yup, you guessed it! And epic 67 million game on funhouse, and a few goes of cv took me to 2.15!!!!
It is incredible. Mm and bop too! I love mm!
I had to delete my profile and re download it for reactivation of the achievements though.

Carl Spiby

Feb 28, 2012
I think you can recover your profile without deleting it.

I worry about my save games for other games though.

N

Nik Barbour

Hi nik.
Same here - but at least I'm off work for two weeks.
I was going to bed at 12. 45 and had to have one more look for pack two, yup, you guessed it! And epic 67 million game on funhouse, and a few goes of cv took me to 2.15!!!!
It is incredible. Mm and bop too! I love mm!
I had to delete my profile and re download it for reactivation of the achievements though.

Hey Daniel / Carl - any chance of an idiot guide on how to do that for an xbox noob?
Any tips on what backups I should be doing also.
Just been saving everything to hard drive.
Thanks

Carl Spiby

Feb 28, 2012
Hey Daniel / Carl - any chance of an idiot guide on how to do that for an xbox noob?
Any tips on what backups I should be doing also.
Just been saving everything to hard drive.
Thanks
I'm afraid without my Xbox in front of me, I couldn't tell you. I think it's all changed since I last had to recover my profile too.

Emmanuel Papillon

Apr 26, 2012
The lighting on Medieval Madness is incredible.
Great to know, but we're learning that it's unplayable due to a bug that goes back to May. And who knows when it'll be fixed?

So...

Oh, well. Is the patch for the older tables available now? I'm not buying anything until it's all patched and working properly. Not complaining, I appreciate the feedback from Mike, and understand it's work in progress and refinement, but it's just a personal policy now: I don't buy anything not working properly.

Members online

No members online now.

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Latest posts