Dr. Dude slow play issue

Mark W**a

Banned
Sep 7, 2012
for kicks, i took a picture of the ios and vita versions side by side direct. obviously theres more problems than just the textures like screen tearing, lag, etc...but i thought it was telling

http://i.imgur.com/tsD6djt.jpg

as much as i really dont like ZP2, theyve put out PERFECT ports of their tables onto the vita with NO problems, it plays better than the iOS which shouldnt be hard considering how powerful the vita is...theres no excuse for this. if they have to step back and say release a new pack every 2 or 3 months for the vita, im fine with that! preserving these tables are way more important than getting a new pack that sucks every month. i knew they biten off more than the can chew..

Nintendo 64 version looks great.

What in the name of... it looks that awful but still has problems running?

darkinertia

Oct 31, 2012
Nintendo 64 version looks great.

What in the name of... it looks that awful but still has problems running?

thats what i said! haha i mean im completely fine with it looking like hell, just as long as it runs good but when you cant even get it to run smoothly on such a powerful handheld like the vita(no excuses, theres some amazing looking games and smaller companies that put out amazing games) its a slap in the face.

i would go as far as to say they should come out with a TPA 2 and completely rework it like zen pinball did and id pay for it...THATS how much i want these tables is i would PAY for them to fix a problem they should be doing anyway. it sounds pretty sad and it would set a huge precedent but were talking about our pinball history here, and i wish they would take it a little more seriously.

Edan-Grossman

Jan 19, 2013
I don't own a vita, but I know for sure that i would have been upset if I paid money just for that version and not the PS3. If the game played well, I'm sure I would have been satisfied with the gameplay, but I would still want better textures, because we all know for sure that the vita can do so much more than that. I wouldn't expect to have the same lighting that the ps3 has, but I would expect to have textures that look almost as good as the ps3 textures, if not that. I really wonder if FS knew about these problems before they sent it to Sony. Either they knew about these issues and sent it off anyways, or the game was working as intended and something happened at the last minute just before it was sent out.

Maybe when the PS4 is released, the new platform structure will give FS an opportunity to fix the PS3's as well as the vita's current issues.

frankiedf

Feb 6, 2013
I really wonder if FS knew about these problems before they sent it to Sony.

It's pretty much impossible that they didn't know. They made this product, and this isn't some sort of glitch that is hard to find/replicate. It is present at all times, and apparent within seconds of play.

They knew it was busted, but they submitted it anyway.

Metalzoic

Jun 8, 2012
It's pretty much impossible that they didn't know. They made this product, and this isn't some sort of glitch that is hard to find/replicate. It is present at all times, and apparent within seconds of play.

They knew it was busted, but they submitted it anyway.

Yes, I've been saying that they are for months now. Now it's just painfully obvious that it was true all along.

***Moderator's Note : Please refrain from name calling and personal attacks on any forum members and that includes FarSight employees.***

Last edited by a moderator:

frankiedf

Feb 6, 2013
I'm really enjoying the continued silence on this issue. One reply to a wall post on facebook, trying to pass this off as something that "slipped through the cracks" and act as if they had no idea the product they produced didn't work doesn't really cut it.

LamerDeluxe

May 8, 2013
I just gave the Vita version a one star rating and I hope others will do the same, to discourage Farsight and Sony to release broken and unplayable DLC like this. Right now this table is rated at only three stars in my PSN store.
I really don't understand how this made it past Sony QC.

I have all PA tables, but am now hesitant to buy Cactus Canyon.

Metalzoic

Jun 8, 2012
Yes, I've been saying that they are for months now. Now it's just painfully obvious that it was true all along.

***Moderator's Note : Please refrain from name calling and personal attacks on any forum members and that includes FarSight employees.***

Really? They can knowingly rob their customers, but if I call them a well deserved name I get modded?

LamerDeluxe

May 8, 2013
FarSight news thread:
FarSight has addressed the low framerate issue on the PS Vita version of Dr. Dude and will include a fix in the next Title Update due out by the end of June.

That is a pretty long wait for a table that is pretty much unplayable though.

Last edited:

spoonman

Apr 20, 2012
I agree with everything as well.
My primary outlet for playing TPA is the PS3 and I would be outraged if I was spending money for only the Vita port.
It feels a bit like I am buying a movie on Blu-Ray and they are throwing in an old VHS tape copy as a bonus.

It just seems like the are putting in the least amount of effort on the Vita version and that's sad.
I can't say I didn't see this coming though. When companies release a ton of ports they don't utilize the power of the higher end devices.

Members online

No members online now.

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Latest posts