Farsight giveth and Farsight taketh away!! :( "They took our balls!" -Medieval Matt

smbhax

Apr 24, 2012
I figured Farsight would have fixed the bug before selling more custom balls.

I have highlighted the noble error in your logic. : /

Hm you know I kind of had half a bug thread on this in the Art forum, but it really needs its own thread. Since you're on top of this, want to make one? Then we could post a link to it on their FB page, you know like "Hey since you guys are selling more custom balls on PS3 you might want to check out this bug with them."

Last edited:

Tann

Apr 3, 2013
That's just that new-ish bug with none of the custom balls having any shine to them any more.

Playing last night after the update, custom balls are OK on one game, and are messed up on the next game. ??

But now, when you come back to the regular ball, it's OK ("translucent" texture is gone).

The bug seems to be half-fixed. :p

brakel

Apr 27, 2012
I sent an email to FarSight support last night asking them about the problems with custom balls not being shiny. They responded this afternoon that this has been fixed and should be applied in the next patch.

spoonman

Apr 20, 2012
I sent an email to FarSight support last night asking them about the problems with custom balls not being shiny. They responded this afternoon that this has been fixed and should be applied in the next patch.

Good to hear.

I did notice that the eyeball in Bride of Pin*Bot looks normal again, but I still can't select that ball in any of the other tables where I used to before.
It's all messed up.

brakel

Apr 27, 2012
Good to hear.

I did notice that the eyeball in Bride of Pin*Bot looks normal again, but I still can't select that ball in any of the other tables where I used to before.
It's all messed up.

I also asked about the eyeball disappearing. They said they were unaware of that but would look into it. I do appreciate that the FarSight support people are much more knowledgeable and responsive than they were a year ago.

smbhax

Apr 24, 2012

Cool! And whoa they actually answered email, I gave up on that like a year ago. ; )

Kemetman72

Banned
Sep 12, 2012
I picked the red ST ball and now on every table the normal ball is screwed up again. How do you get it back? The normal ball isn't in the ball list. This is a real pain, but at least it will get fixed. Thanks.

spoonman

Apr 20, 2012
I picked the red ST ball and now on every table the normal ball is screwed up again. How do you get it back? The normal ball isn't in the ball list. This is a real pain, but at least it will get fixed. Thanks.

It doesn't show the original ball as a dark grey color ball?
I've never had it do that to me.

I wish they would just fix this problem once and for all though. I don't know why they just added more balls to buy when they will just screw everything
up if someone tries them.

brakel

Apr 27, 2012

The normal ball doesn't look like a chrome shiny ball. It looks like a dull medium gray ball.

In what way is the normal ball screwed up?

spoonman

Apr 20, 2012
The normal ball doesn't look like a chrome shiny ball. It looks like a dull medium gray ball.

I must have my contrast turned up. As said above, "It doesn't show the original ball as a dark grey color ball?" :p

Members online

No members online now.

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Latest posts