Votes: 7 41.2%
  • Other

Votes: 10 58.8%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

Jutter

Dec 30, 2012
I thought it might be informative to put this to a forum vote.

If you think Farsight should spend a month on improving the current product rather than expanding it with another pack say aye.
(Italics because on personal note: Imagine what one month of unadulterated bugfixing could do to the current collection.
(also Farsight; this is talking to yuu. Imagine how much stronger and streetcredit worthy that could make the overall franchise... every now and then implement a tweaking month. Make Juli tweaking month. Juli sounds like a good unadulterated tweaking month. Let the customer REALLY feel you care. Once a year devote at least a full month do JUST THAT).

Also, if you wouldn't pick that option for whatever reason or motiavion, there's a box for you to check as well. You can even elaborate on that if you wish, because this is a discussion forum and stuff. :)

Last edited:
N

netizen

As nice as this thought is, if they just got the STEAM deal, there's no way they can slow down just yet. The expected things to have for a PC release immediately will drive many hours on-top of needing to keep releasing new tables to keep an income so there's money to pay for the labour to get to the point where the existing platforms have at least the core packs available.

I like the idea though, don't take my comment as a negative one. I think that maybe post holidays, January or February, might be a better time to do a no new release and focus on timing a big patch feature. The big problem, of course, will be timing it so that it can be implemented on all platforms at the same time, or at least within a close time frame to reduce the mobile vs console vs pc/cabinet wars.

grashopper

Sep 14, 2012
If they could fix the PS3 I would be all for it.
I kinda see why they can't just take a month off though. They have bills and paychecks going out so they need a steady income. I think every 3 packs or so maybe they should have a bug fix week before they start work on the next pack. That reduces the time they aren't working to get new cash and fixes the product.

Jutter

Dec 30, 2012
There's always a quality/quantity ratio to consider in serious industry. Any rational person will make such assessments on this issue. I expected no less. As a sceptic I'm always as delighted as I am dissapointed to see dissent. it's a love hate relationship I should never wish to be any other way.

MontanaFrank

Dec 19, 2012
I thought it might be informative to put this to a forum vote.

If you think Farsight should spend a month on improving the current product rather than expanding it with another pack say aye.
(Italics because on personal note: Imagine what one month of unadulterated bugfixing could do to the current collection.
(also Farsight; this is talking to yuu. Imagine how much stronger and streetcredit worthy that could make the overall franchise... every now and then implement a tweaking month. Make Juli tweaking month. Juli sounds like a good unadulterated tweaking month. Let the customer REALLY feel you care. Once a year devote at least a full month do JUST THAT).

Also, if you wouldn't pick that option for whatever reason or motiavion, there's a box for you to check as well. You can even elaborate on that if you wish, because this is a discussion forum and stuff. :)

How could any small business give up a month of secure income (FarSight accountants and executives know the least amount of income that will be generated by any new release of every platform.)

My thought is to do a "Kickstarter" campaign to hire a contract employee to work on bugs and other computer needs FarSight has issues for one year.

My definition of a contract employee is a human who signs a legal contract that does not entitle them to benefits enjoyed by the permanent employees of FarSight.

ER777

Sep 8, 2012
If they get to a better place financially, the thing to do would be to bring in more bug-fixers on a permanent basis rather than shut down production temporarily.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Members online