Game with a full orbit before High Speed?

invitro

May 4, 2012
High Speed has a full orbit where you can shoot around the circumference of the playfield. I've tried a little bit to think of an earlier game with such an orbit. Is there one?

dtown8532

Apr 10, 2012
Flash will orbit around the top from the far left shot. Also, if you rubber band an upper gate, you can make a lot of 70's games do a full orbit. :rolleyes:

Espy

Sep 9, 2013
Surely there must be some early examples from the EM era. I know there were plenty that had a shot to the top of the table that then dribbled down through some rollovers or something like that.

DA5ID

Aug 27, 2014
Modern example would be the dale Earnhardt jr table - not a nascar fan by any stretch of the imagination - but it's a fun table

Fungi

Feb 20, 2012
Don't know. If I shoot in right it comes out left, and the other way round.
Maybe I should take a look at hs and see what you are talking about

Irrelevant to the original question. You said it yourself. "Not earlier."

DA5ID

Aug 27, 2014
just to clarify the original post - I don't think the getway has a full orbit around the play field - just inside the turbo lane.
whereas I was thinking that the dale earn hard jr table does have a full orbit around the circumference of the table - and without starting a fight - the zen fear itself table...

dtown8532

Apr 10, 2012
just to clarify the original post - I don't think the getway has a full orbit around the play field - just inside the turbo lane.
whereas I was thinking that the dale earn hard jr table does have a full orbit around the circumference of the table - and without starting a fight - the zen fear itself table...

Getaway can full orbit around the left or right side as well as an inner orbit from the upper flipper.

Last edited:

Fungi

Feb 20, 2012
Also just to clarify. The original post is talking about High Speed. Not The Getaway, High Speed II. But yes, it also has a full orbit.

invitro

May 4, 2012
Hot Wheels looks good. Flash looks like you have to hit the left entrance from the side flipper? (I would call this a "loop" or "side loop" myself.)

I'm thinking that an orbit is when you shoot with a bottom flipper, the ball goes to the leftmost part of the playfield at some point, then to the top of the playfield, then down the rightmost part at some point, and comes back to the bottom flippers, or close (and vice-versa for a left/right switch). I suppose I could've said what I meant better.

I was wondering because this feature is on I'm guessing about half of 1990's tables, but I wasn't seeing it at all when I was looking at 1970's tables. I'm curious about when ubiquitous features get started, especially if they're not talked about a whole lot.

HS2 definitely has one too, a copy of HS's in fact :).

So now I'm wondering if there's a WMS/Stern/Gottlieb with such an orbit before HS, if my thinking on Flash is correct.

Last edited:

invitro

May 4, 2012
Seawitch has it, eh?

Aha, nice!

image-4.jpg

invitro

May 4, 2012
That's a pretty Seawitch. I love that pin. Maybe my favorite classic Stern.
It's quite attractive. I'm a sucker for what I call Aquaman colors.

Hot Wheels is also lovely, and those bumpers are positively to die for.

tumblr_misopvPqhC1s6szeio1_500.png

Members online

No members online now.

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Latest posts