Graphical Updates For Season 1 & 2 Tables?

pm1109

Dec 18, 2013
I hope this happens sooner rather than later.Season 1 and Season 2 tables definitely need a facelift!

HotHamBoy

Aug 2, 2014
Comparisons to Zen aren't really fair, zen do not have accurate physics, nor do they pretend to, as their tables are more fantasy orientated. Props to Farsight, we will be getting a dedicated Stern App...which opens many doors!

I mean, Zen physics are definitely not realistic, very video-gamey, and that's fine given the focus on objectives and the scarcity of extra balls. But TPS physics aren't realistic, either. Zen's are very tight, TPA's is a little floaty. Neither feel real and both are very predictable. Timeshock Ultra Ed. is, IMO, the most realistic-feeling ball physics in pinball simulation

francis247uk

Jul 7, 2012
Just checked and TPA had 41 (!) tables in season 1 and 2 (if you include the original 4 tables)
That would be a huge undertaking to strip down, re-photograph, and remodel 3D assets for all those tables.
I think realistically some are in need of it more than others - off the top of my head, MB, CFTBL, CV, CC and BK probably need the most work initially, obviously would love them all to have a fresh lick of paint when possible though!

Last edited:

Snorzel

Apr 25, 2014
I like the idea of up grading the early releases. The priority on long standing issue fixes should be Black Knight and the various issues that effect its gameplay IMO.

Ben Logan

Jun 2, 2015
Yeah I think physics/emulation would be the easier win.

I with you fellas. Better physics. We need some backspin! Especially on faster tables. Sometimes TPA feels like you're playing a graphically sophisticated version of Pong.

Ben Logan

Jun 2, 2015
Sharper graphics would be nice. But can you live with TPA physics? It's the main reason I rarely play TPA. If they updated physics, they could apply to all tables fairly quickly (as they did with physics 2.0). Updated graphics could take some time.

VPX has made a breakthrough in physics. Wish TPA would follow suit!

mpad

Jan 26, 2014
Actually I can adapt pretty good. In my head I just switch to "unrealistic arcade mode".
It is in the name of this game (I know this is not how it is meant, but makes much more sense if you see it that way ).It does not pretend to be a simulation. A fun buggy racer compared to formula one grand prix.
But you are right. VPX physics are awesome and I love to play with ball spin etc.

I just can't adapt very good to the eyesore that some tables represent in TPA.
I remember with dx9 and the pink I refused to play some tables because I couldn't stand it.
But that is matter of taste and priorities I guess.

Last edited:

Firefox2000

Apr 18, 2013
When i saw this thread at the top i thought for one glorious moment the new update for the tables was upon us.

But alas, poor yorick, no. :(

Of course the irony is that i have just helped push this thread to the top, so others will think the very same thing as i did, and rush in all excited. lol

relaxation

Oct 8, 2015
Et64SCP.jpg

Notice the words they use, flipper, bumper, sound effect, and display pixel...

and nothing about how they employ the greatest of techniques to get you the best looking compression artifacts, especially in spots where their fancy lighting just brings the slightest of details to a smeared square.. I mean to life.

lettuce

Mar 17, 2012
I would have though that they would have had the inclination to take there photographs of the table artwork at a res of 4K but im guessing they didnt do this....talk about not future proofing your work.

With the release of LAH it again just underlines how far they have come in the graphical department, that table is sharp, clean and has probably the best lighting effects yet....and then you go back to Season 1 and 2 tables. To be fair there is alot of redrawn playfields of alot of the S1 tables out there on the internet that people have done as a passion project surely FS should reach out to them and ask if they could use their work??

MonsterBash is alway one that sticks out to me, not only is the playfield low res when compared to S3+ tables but the toys/models on the table are not great either....

0dDdP0r.jpg

Seeing as the free table you get when you install the program is a Season 1 table, surely FS need to set the best impression they can with their game....and TOTAN isnt going to do that anymore!!??

Gorgar

Mar 31, 2012
I would have though that they would have had the inclination to take there photographs of the table artwork at a res of 4K but im guessing they didnt do this....talk about not future proofing your work.

With the release of LAH it again just underlines how far they have come in the graphical department, that table is sharp, clean and has probably the best lighting effects yet....and then you go back to Season 1 and 2 tables. To be fair there is alot of redrawn playfields of alot of the S1 tables out there on the internet that people have done as a passion project surely FS should reach out to them and ask if they could use their work??

MonsterBash is alway one that sticks out to me, not only is the playfield low res when compared to S3+ tables but the toys/models on the table are not great either....

0dDdP0r.jpg

Seeing as the free table you get when you install the program is a Season 1 table, surely FS need to set the best impression they can with their game....and TOTAN isnt going to do that anymore!!??

Yeah, I remember how disappointed I was at the Monster Bash toys when it first released on TPA. There used to be an event camera on the Frankenstein Monster whenever Frank multiball was activated. It left me wondering, "why would they want to show off this poorly rendered piece of junk?" Luckily, they removed the event camera on this table (because it was getting stuck, if memory serves me right) and it is still fun if I dont look at that the toys too much.

Members online

No members online now.

Members online

No members online now.