High lod model beta

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ryan Routon

FarSight Employee
Feb 24, 2012
Hey guys, after chatting with Jared last night I decided to put a beta out for the high level of detail models. The reason why we have not done this to date is that getting all of the past tables working properly could possibly be a nightmare, but for a long time now I have been packaging the rez files with both the high and low lods so that in the future I could switch them on. Here is a beta build with the lod level hardcoded to high. What I will need from you guys is a list of tables that don't work at all (crash, don't show up etc) and I can rebuild and bump those up. Also there might be cases where a table nearly works and an alpha plane isn't set right or something so that will be helpful too. Enjoy!

http://androidfiles.pinballarcade.com/beta/AndroidPinballActivityHighLODBetaA.apk

Last edited:

Baron Rubik

Mar 21, 2013
For starters - you made the Black Knight table invisible.
ynapy8yb.jpg

a2u4ydy9.jpg

Not happy with that - uninstall.
SGS4

jaredmorgs

Staff member
May 8, 2012
Hey guys, after chatting with Jared last night I decided to put a beta out for the high level of detail models. The reason why we have not done this to date is that getting all of the past tables working properly could possibly be a nightmare, but for a long time now I have been packaging the rez files with both the high and low lods so that in the future I could switch them on. Here is a beta build with the lod level hardcoded to high. What I will need from you guys is a list of tables that don't work at all (crash, don't show up etc) and I can rebuild and bump those up. Also there might be cases where a table nearly works and an alpha plane isn't set right or something so that will be helpful too. Enjoy!

http://androidfiles.pinballarcade.com/beta/AndroidPinballActivityHighLODBeta.apk

Seems to be an issue with the file name. If it downloads as a .ez file, Just rename it.

Ryan Routon

FarSight Employee
Feb 24, 2012
For starters - you made the Black Knight table invisible.
Not happy with that - uninstall.
SGS4

Did you even read my post? I need to know which tables don't work so that I can repair them for the higher res models. Also no need for screen shots just report which ones are invisible. These tables will require a version bump to include the new shiny.

jaredmorgs

Staff member
May 8, 2012
Hey Ryan, here's what I've found. I'm limiting my observations to issues only (as much as I react to squee with delight at tables like champ pub!)

Big Shot is missing.

Black Hole causes an app crash.

Cactus Canyon is missing some detail on the upper right barrel flasher (it is clipped the back) and the beer target is missing metallic texture).

Centaur has heaps (!!) more plastics now, but they are opaque and will need to be made clear (amazed at how much was omitted from this table).

Last edited:

Pop Sergeant

Jul 26, 2012
Baron, LOL. That was quick! But hey now, the score is displaying ... what? ... you want I should have Ryan's cousin Vinni break your knees? I joke. I joke. We break your fingers. No HD pinball for you.

Ryan, .... uh ... wow .... just ... wow ... I never ... damn, you just made my Christmas card list for sure ...

I don't care if not one table loads ... just to know that this is out there and you're working it ..... wow ...

Okay. Time to play.

Thanks!

Pop Sergeant

Jul 26, 2012
No joy ...

The information you requested could not be retrieved. File not found.

Got it now ... I really should pay my internet bill more often ... mmmmm .... never mind.

Last edited:

Ryan Routon

FarSight Employee
Feb 24, 2012
I wonder what is wrong with our cdn, it was acting weird with Jared too, let me purge it, it's working good on this side.

Ryan Routon

FarSight Employee
Feb 24, 2012
Yeah you can really notice the difference with the habitrails and key pieces like the lamp in Totan

Ryan Routon

FarSight Employee
Feb 24, 2012
Yeah ungrateful little.... *mumbles* ;)

Baron, LOL. That was quick! But hey now, the score is displaying ... what? ... you want I should have Ryan's cousin Vinni break your knees? I joke. I joke. We break your fingers. No HD pinball for you.

Ryan, .... uh ... wow .... just ... wow ... I never ... damn, you just made my Christmas card list for sure ...

I don't care if not one table loads ... just to know that this is out there and you're working it ..... wow ...

Okay. Time to play.

Thanks!

Last edited:

Ryan Routon

FarSight Employee
Feb 24, 2012
The tables from season 3 and 2 should nearly all be good, its season 1 that will need some love. Hopefully not too much work just some rebuilding and header work.

Baron Rubik

Mar 21, 2013
Did you even read my post? I need to know which tables don't work so that I can repair them for the higher res models. Also no need for screen shots just report which ones are invisible. These tables will require a version bump to include the new shiny.

I was joking - chill out man.

Busted list...

Big Shot (invisible)
Black hole (crash)
Black Knight (invisible)
Firepower (invisible)
Fun house (invisible)
Medieval madness (crash)
Space shuttle (invisible)

Ryan Routon

FarSight Employee
Feb 24, 2012
LoL alright good ;) This will be interesting to see how many of these are broken...

I was joking - chill out man.

Busted list...

Big Shot (invisible)
Black hole (crash)
Black Knight (invisible)
Firepower (invisible)
Fun house (invisible)
Medieval madness (crash)
Space shuttle (invisible)

Baron Rubik

Mar 21, 2013
That was the full list of broken on an SGS4. All others work fine.

Haunted House had a new rez but works fine.

At least with Black Knight being invisible, you can't see the scripted (non existent) light show. ;)

Ryan Routon

FarSight Employee
Feb 24, 2012
oh thats odd, I guess big shot only has one set of models for all platforms. I think there may be a handful of the tables that will see no change between the two because the assets just aren't there

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

No members online now.

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Latest posts