I really hope that there is a typo in this article!!

invitro

May 4, 2012
I'll add that the possibility of being able to play new Sterns on computer the same time they are released as real machines is extremely exciting to me, especially if they are done by Farsight and have the usual TPA quality. I would pay a premium for such tables, maybe $10-20? This might be worth a poll or new thread...? :)

EldarOfSuburbia

Feb 8, 2014
I got a intriguing reply on Facebook to my comment (https://www.facebook.com/sternpinba...10153581788634244&offset=0&total_comments=211) :

>> Those seem to be computer renders rather than real photos - is this a playable simulation? ;-)

>> Stern Pinball: Keen eye. A hint at things to come...

However this does not look like it's rendered in the current TPA engine - probably some offline renders rather than realtime anything...

Stern already use an in-house rendering and digital system to design software, rules, etc. Maybe they got some help with that recently ... ?

DA5ID

Aug 27, 2014
Stern already use an in-house rendering and digital system to design software, rules, etc. Maybe they got some help with that recently ... ?

The renders look closer to what's been accomplished by pro pinball... But I am hoping farsight is the one, but again there was that zen visit...

This is a most excellent mystery and the suspense is killing me!

David Pannozzo

Mar 6, 2012
Ok I did a Stern S.A.M. Emulation Pinball poll a while ago, so I have to do another one because of all the new games that have been added. I am going to do it right now.

Biff

Sep 18, 2012
Well machines in general, not only pinball machines, are designed on computers for many many years.
In this video you see CAD wireframes of Ripley's Believe It or Not.
Wireframes can be rendered.

DA5ID

Aug 27, 2014
Yeah good point, but in this case it looks fully rendered with a ball that had a reflection. I would even say ultra realistic... It was be amazing if it was playable.

mpad

Jan 26, 2014
If Stern would share their cad and image data with FS we could have a new table every week
No more disassembly and photography and digitaly stitching all back together.

Actually a table a month is good. Have no time to play them all anyway.

Biff

Sep 18, 2012
Yeah good point, but in this case it looks fully rendered with a ball that had a reflection. I would even say ultra realistic... It was be amazing if it was playable.

This years "Making of KISS Pinball" video shows you more of how much is done on computers.
This is not Farsight, Zen or Pro Pinball software. :)

Last edited:

Biff

Sep 18, 2012
If Stern would share their cad and image data with FS we could have a new table every week
No more disassembly and photography and digitaly stitching all back together.

Actually a table a month is good. Have no time to play them all anyway.

.... if they would work really close together, Farsight would not have to emulate ROMs ....

Last edited:

jrolson

Feb 28, 2012
I'll be waiting for that Stern app! :p

4fzcl3.jpg

Members online

No members online now.

Members online

No members online now.