iOS iCade Support? (Bitty)

an ox

May 28, 2012
It is possible to read the iCade entirely "silently" (no having to activate an option or funny onscreen keyboards popping up). It's what my games do - if there's an iCade present and being used the game will respond to that, but you never have to turn on an in-game option or anything and you can't get stuck in the "wrong" mode. Having to turn it on via a menu option is a bit odd.

Gord Lacey

Site Founder
Staff member
Feb 19, 2012
an ox, maybe you should email James and let him know how that's done. I'm sure he'd appreciate your experience.

an ox

May 28, 2012
I can't claim to have done anything particularly clever, only discovering this page when I first cast about trying to find out how to read the iCade.

https://github.com/scarnie/iCade-iOS

Stuart Carnie had already done all the heavy lifting and I just took the code he'd kindly shared and adapted it for my own use. Once it's set up you can read the iCade completely transparently. I've used it in every one of my games since :).

MaXKiLLz

Apr 24, 2013
I wish I had the same luck. Unfortunately it keeps crashing as soon as I move the stick down to move the plunger or push the launch button (like in AFM). I tried to restart the iPad, closed and launched again the app, disconnected and reconnected the iCade. (iPad 3, iOS 5.1.1, no jailbreak, iCade "classic")
Reporting the issue in the Bugs thread.

I'm having the exact same problem. iPad 2 with iOS 5.1.1. Can someone at Farsight have a look at this bug and try to eradicate it? A few of us in this thread would very much appreciate it. For now, it's back to BluTrol and it's lag. :(

daduki

Feb 17, 2013
I'm having the exact same problem. iPad 2 with iOS 5.1.1. Can someone at Farsight have a look at this bug and try to eradicate it? A few of us in this thread would very much appreciate it. For now, it's back to BluTrol and it's lag. :(

Hi! Thanks for your answer. It seems that it must be something related to iOS 5.1.1.
I got in touch with Farsight at support@pinballarcade.com - they acknowledged the issue and are working for a fix.
If you have a moment, send them a message at that address, so they can add your combination of hardware as well :)

Sebinouse

Jul 18, 2012
Hi! Thanks for your answer. It seems that it must be something related to iOS 5.1.1.
I got in touch with Farsight at support@pinballarcade.com - they acknowledged the issue and are working for a fix.
If you have a moment, send them a message at that address, so they can add your combination of hardware as well :)

I tried to reproduce this with my iPad3 iOS5.1.1 Jailbroken, and I got no bug ... maybe this issue has been solved with the latest version of Pinball Arcade (v2.6.0)

sotie

Aug 30, 2012
I tried to reproduce this with my iPad3 iOS5.1.1 Jailbroken, and I got no bug ... maybe this issue has been solved with the latest version of Pinball Arcade (v2.6.0)

That issue is over three months old and hasn't been reported here since.

Sebinouse

Jul 18, 2012
It's been a long time since I gave a look to this thread, and I'm pleased to see that many people are interested in this "project" ...
I modified my iCade a long time ago to use it with Blutrol on a jailbroken device, and I'm planning to re-modify it to work OOTB with Pinball Arcade without jailbreak/Blutrol (http://osxonthinkpads.wikidot.com/icade-pinball-edition & the buttons I used for this mod are not the right ones ... too bad)

First, to work properly with your iCade, you have to set your iPad keyboard to "English (US)" (I tried to use the French one and the iCade was useless ...).
And here are the controls I found (as other users in this thread;))
Code:
6= Left Flipper
8= Left Nudge
0= Right Nudge
E2= Right Flipper
7=Start
9= Pause/Unpause
2 (Joystick down)= Launch bal
3/4 (Joystick right/left)= Nudge (diagonal ?)
5/E1 = Special buttons (Black Knight Magna-Save and Harley Pop-Up Bumper)

But I'm wondering how do we use the launch button during a game ? ... 7 doesn't seem to work ...
I mostly play to "Medieval Madness" and "Monster Bash" and this feature is mandatory for me ...:mad:

Did I miss something ? How do YOU use your troll bombs or your garlic gloves ? :confused:

Is there any official documentation about iCade support in Pinball Arcade so I can give a look ?

Sebinouse

Jul 18, 2012
My bad ... I never actually tried 2/7 during a game ... I just assumed it didn't work because the launch doesn't come on (illuminate) when we press 2/7 ... but it works properly so ... Thank You !;)

About the mod, it's a very nice one ! But I think I will enhance mine with 2 nudge buttons (so I can flip the iCade and play to other "regular" arcade games !)

Last edited:

Members online

No members online now.

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Latest posts