iOS Version 1.2.6 Discussion and Feedback

Status
Not open for further replies.

Mark W**a

Banned
Sep 7, 2012
They are going back to Black Knight but what about Firepower and Gorgar?

I will buy Gorgar if it gets rom emulation. Until then no thanks. Playing Space Shuttle then Firepower is so jarring. It's like a night and day difference. Which is a shame because all things considered I probably like Firepower a little more than Space Shuttle.

Also please tell me Centaur (and pinbot) will have emulation day 1. That's probably my most anticipated table pack release this year.

Kolchak357

Senior Pigeon
May 31, 2012
They are going back to Black Knight but what about Firepower and Gorgar?

I will buy Gorgar if it gets rom emulation. Until then no thanks. Playing Space Shuttle then Firepower is so jarring. It's like a night and day difference. Which is a shame because all things considered I probably like Firepower a little more than Space Shuttle.

Also please tell me Centaur (and pinbot) will have emulation day 1. That's probably my most anticipated table pack release this year.

Gorgar actually looks and plays great. I wouldn't pass on it. But I hope they go back and emulate every table they can.

sotie

Aug 30, 2012
Gorgar happens to be my most played table in the app. No matter what comes out I always go back to it. I love to play it with headphones on.

Mark W**a

Banned
Sep 7, 2012
Well, real talk, I will own Gorgar, and Ripley's, next update. Every update I go get myself an Apple points card, and get the new pack, then just blow the rest on tables I don't have yet. The last 3 I haven't bought are Gorgar, Ripley's, and Harley.

Kolchak357

Senior Pigeon
May 31, 2012
Well, real talk, I will own Gorgar, and Ripley's, next update. Every update I go get myself an Apple points card, and get the new pack, then just blow the rest on tables I don't have yet. The last 3 I haven't bought are Gorgar, Ripley's, and Harley.

I like Ripleys too. I still think it is an ugly table, but I found myself enjoying it. Long game times to get a good score though.
Harley I could live without. I thought it would be fun with all the multiballs, but it got old very fast for me. I still play it every now and then but I rarely play multiple games of it.

Fungi

Feb 20, 2012
I like Ripleys too. I still think it is an ugly table, but I found myself enjoying it. Long game times to get a good score though.
Harley I could live without. I thought it would be fun with all the multiballs, but it got old very fast for me. I still play it every now and then but I rarely play multiple games of it.

I keep trying to go back to HD, but as soon as that "Live to ride, ride to live" phrase is spoken, I'm immediately reminded of the horrible voice work I'm about to be subjected to and move on to one of the other 27 tables.

Sean DonCarlos

Staff member
Mar 17, 2012
I keep trying to go back to HD, but as soon as that "Live to ride, ride to live" phrase is spoken, I'm immediately reminded of the horrible voice work I'm about to be subjected to and move on to one of the other 27 tables.
I can take that sample, but about the third time I hear the "there goes that mystery rider!" line I'm usually thinking to myself "and there goes this table out the window!"

inspector42

May 27, 2012
I hate the theme on HD, but the table is pretty clever, and I love the insane number of multiballs which are both fun and unique.

dagwood

Feb 2, 2013
I can take that sample, but about the third time I hear the "there goes that mystery rider!" line I'm usually thinking to myself "and there goes this table out the window!"

Ugh! That HD table is definitely my least favourite. The only reason I purchased it was because the pack contained a table I really wanted and I can't resist a bargain :p I find it hard to believe that from the hundreads of classic tables that were real hits, HD actually had any enough supporters to warrant the time it takes to do a digital emulation.

I'm hanging for Lethal Weapon, Fathom, Pinbot & Flash :)

tripleplonq

Dec 3, 2012
Probably a stupid question:

How do I turn on iCade support? Is there a menu item somewhere? My iCade works with all other apps (Mame, Jeff Minter games, Zaccaria), but PBA ignores the iCade.
(iPad 1, iCade core, PBA 126, including Space Shuttle)

tripleplonq

Dec 3, 2012
Oh, fvcx! I always used the up/down arrows to navigate the menu, and it always opened the EULA page in Safari once the EULA option came into view. :confused:

Thank you, i found it by touch-scrolling! :)

sotie

Aug 30, 2012
Oh, fvcx! I always used the up/down arrows to navigate the menu, and it always opened the EULA page in Safari once the EULA option came into view. :confused:

Thank you, i found it by touch-scrolling! :)

Yeah, it's bad user interface design.

Fungi

Feb 20, 2012
It's as if FS doesn't know how tablets control. When "swipe" on a touchscreen exists, you don't need scroll arrows. They're not on the table select screen, why do they exist at all?

sotie

Aug 30, 2012
It's as if FS doesn't know how tablets control. When "swipe" on a touchscreen exists, you don't need scroll arrows. They're not on the table select screen, why do they exist at all?

I totally agree with you.

smooverr

Oct 28, 2012
New version up, WITH a changelog!!!

We've just released an update to the iOS version that fixes a few bugs and adds a couple new features:

What's New:
- New, temporary environment (goodbye space carpet!).
- Two new table menu options: Invert Nudge (on/off) & Event Camera (on/off).

What's Changed:
- Moved launcher button in Star Trek: The Next Generation to the bottom right corner. We will be adding an option to customize the location in a future update.
- Pinball Magazine is now the exclusive sponsor for the Table of the Month.

Table Updates:
- Attack From Mars (v6)
- Dr. Dude (v4)
- Space Shuttle (v4)
- Cactus Canyon (v3)
- White Water (v3)
- Firepower (v3)

What's Fixed:
- Space Shuttle camera on iPhone/iPod 5 (was too close).
- Attack From Mars camera on iPhone/iPod 5 (would fly upward awkwardly when ball was near the back).
- Space Shuttle local high scores weren't saving.
- Options menu would select EULA when using arrows in landscape.
- Dr. Dude's game over music would overlap table instructions music.
- Cactus Canyon's music would stop playing in table exploration.
- Swipe Nudge would crash certain devices.
- iCade keyboard would display when no device was detected. Current fix disables the keyboard in the Main Menu and Options Menu, allowing users to turn the option off. Please do not turn iCade on unless you have a bluetooth device connected.
- iCade would crash iOS 5.1.1.
- iCade wouldn't launch the ball when moving the joystick down in Star Trek: The Next Generation.
- and various minor fixes.

Thank you for supporting the Pinball Arcade!

lettuce

Mar 17, 2012
So for the updated tables do we have to delete them and redownload them, or do they update automatically?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

No members online now.

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Latest posts