Bug iOS Version 1.2.8 Bugs

Status
Not open for further replies.

jrolson

Feb 28, 2012
All tables crash App when selected on itouch 4th Gen IOS 6.1.3 using FS 1.2.8 update. When selecting any table after the update the App screen goes black then crashes.

+1 Same here... Can't play any of the tables without it crashing.

iPod Touch 4th Gen IOS 6.1.3

Last edited:

Mark W**a

Banned
Sep 7, 2012
Man guy's that really sucks. Here I thought it was an awesome update. Runs great on my iphone 4s. Wonder what the problem is?

Mark W**a

Banned
Sep 7, 2012
Game Center only allows 100 achievements in total. With 4 per game, we had already maxed them out before this release.

Who's fault is that?
Debatable.

Apple set up and runs Game Center, but FarSight could have had less achievements per table, allowing for more than 25 tables before they hit the max.

Exactly. One or two achievements per table would have been fine. They'll run into the same issue with Xbox unless they change it.

Personally I don't care. Standard and Wizard goals, as well as my "Hall of Fame Score" is enough for me. I honestly didn't think I cared about such things, but I admit I like juicing up my Hall of Fame score! I don't even follow the gamecenter achievements.

Jeff Strong

Staff member
Feb 19, 2012
Man guy's that really sucks. Here I thought it was an awesome update. Runs great on my iphone 4s. Wonder what the problem is?

The good news is they've already submitted an update to fix the crash issues. It was submitted the very next day after Stuart worked all night to get to the bottom of what was causing the crashes (which weren't present in the beta version), so hopefully the holiday doesn't slow down Apple's approval process too much.

DanBradford

Apr 5, 2013
I understand that obscure bugs like this can slip through testing.

i don't. every bloody time i install a new version of this game, it messes something up. if i was the boss of Farsight, i'd ask the head of QA (or whatever they call the testing or quality department) to come into my office, and tell him he was fired

i used to work in a job where things would go wrong IT-wise, and the IT guy, who shared the same office as me, would just go -meh whatever that's probably the x jarring with the y ..... or .... tsssk buh! those idiots obviously haven't reset the Z on their QQ ......
the point is that he was a lazy arse, so he'd get around to fixing these easy fixes when he got around to it, and in the meantime he'd had a cup of tea, and he wanted a smoke break, ...........and he'd now done some of it, but was distracted by a need to try to get to level 30 on his game .... and ok so now he'd fixed it and what? a problem? he'd take a look at it next time he was doing problem solving, cos right now he had a job going fixing the printers for the management guys ......

do you get the point? FS does this ring any bells?

my point is not that the bug fix guy is lazy, it's that he's overworked. HIRE SOME MORE GUYS!

Last edited:

heberts811

Feb 26, 2012
The fix for the app not starting is up on The app store. I 'm glad I didn't lose my goals and high scores and I finally get to try Centaur and Pinbot.

Gary

MadScience2006

Oct 5, 2012
The iOS beta team must be small and/or the team is limited in the devices that are available to them. The difficult thing as far as beta testing is concerned is having access to a wide range of devices and iOS versions at their disposal. I beta test an app called MouseWait and we have the same issues as far as iOS versions are concerned. Also, the developer may release a version that was not even supplied to the beta team...so it in essence was not even beta tested. I don't know how FarSight does their testing but there are innumerable reasons that software can be released buggy...some may be the fault of the developer and some may be the fault of the beta team not having the resources to test all combinations of devices & OS versions that are out there.

With that being said, I don't believe any developer wants to release buggy code...but things can happen.

Sean DonCarlos

Staff member
Mar 17, 2012
i don't. every bloody time i install a new version of this game, it messes something up. if i was the boss of Farsight, i'd ask the head of QA (or whatever they call the testing or quality department) to come into my office, and tell him he was fired
At least with the crash-on-table-launch bug, due to its nature none of the beta testers' devices nor any of FarSight's internal test devices experienced the problem through 6 rounds of beta testing. No one would have found it unless they were specifically looking for it, and no one had any reason at that point to do so.

DopedToInfinity

Mar 31, 2012
Device/OS: Ipad2 ios 6.1

Bug Description: On Pinbot the ball flew out of the left-hand side of the table near the drop targets, before being replaced in the plunger lane.

Steps To Reproduce: Smack the ball hard from the right flipper.

Frequency: Happened once so far out of around 10 games.

Additional Comments: I'm just glad I can play it without crashing :)

Jeff Strong

Staff member
Feb 19, 2012
The fix for the app not starting is up on The app store. I 'm glad I didn't lose my goals and high scores and I finally get to try Centaur and Pinbot.

Gary

That was fast!

1.2.9 threads are up.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

No members online now.

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Latest posts