It's All Your Fault FARSIGHT

SKILL_SHOT

Banned
Jul 11, 2012
I know I didnt know who he was either until somebody said "Oh PYTHON ANGHELO TABLE" then I looked him up:eek: exactly...he's been apart of alot of games I love and....PINBALL CIRCUS!

Kevlar

Feb 20, 2012
If you are really interested in pinball designers, artists, sound guys etc go download and listen to the topcast podcasts, I've just finished listening to all 65 of them!. There's a Python interview in there, he's one strange dude, number 42.

http://www.pinrepair.com/topcast/past.php

Last edited:

SKILL_SHOT

Banned
Jul 11, 2012
Got my LIGHTS today!:D and I sent out my wrong sockets during the most busy mail shipping day of the year, oops!
IMG_4483.jpg

20 WARM WHITE star post lights

IMG_4484.jpg

10x Warm white 2LED premiums going to mess with the GI some more:p
7x RED super bright FLEX I orderd 4 for the 2 flipper buttons and 2 ball lock saucers but somehow it got changed to 7
4 RGB quick color change, the cycle through RED,GREEN,BLUE just for fun but expensive

Kevlar

Feb 20, 2012
Can't wait to see the star posts in place. Thought about doing the flipper buttons myself, may get around to it one day. I haven't seen the lit star posts for sale here.

Kevlar

Feb 20, 2012
Did the star post LEDs come with star posts or do you have to notch the bottom of your star posts yourself ? ( for the wire to come out ).

SKILL_SHOT

Banned
Jul 11, 2012
The star post go over the round part and the tab the wire solder to sticks out.I'll post a picture later.

Last edited:

SKILL_SHOT

Banned
Jul 11, 2012
OK hers pics.
TOP VIEW
IMG_4486.jpg

SIDE VIEW
IMG_4487.jpg

as you can see the tab sticks out a bit and would be turned away from the field of play. Under the slingshots they would face the GI light and thats where the wire come from but after looking at the tolerances this morning it seems LED lights are a little wider and Im going to need really thin wires.

SKILL_SHOT

Banned
Jul 11, 2012
those are only 2 LED mine are 4 LED
IMG_4488.jpg

This picture below is from the website and not the color I picked. I just wanted to show you an example of it lit up.
1315309960202-1837138577.jpeg

SKILL_SHOT

Banned
Jul 11, 2012
Yes GI or flash! and the slingshots do just that they are GI until the get hit then flash.Look at the paper they are stapled to it kinda covers up continuous GI lighting.:p

Kevlar

Feb 20, 2012
How do you wire them for GI plus flash? I only see 2 connection points, wouldn't you need 3 to do both?

SKILL_SHOT

Banned
Jul 11, 2012
Its one or the other GI or flash, but maybe if you ran a positive and negative to a flash also it might do both oh wait if you do that it will flash the GI lights too and that might not be good to send 12 volt through a line not made for it hmmm google time. I just tested 1 out on differnt lights on my table GI is steady but kinda dim blinking lights make it flicker or pulsate as it gets bright to dim and when hooked up to a flasher WHOA! there bright and when I put a red star post over it it turned orange and when i put an orange one it turned yellow so I wonder what yellow will look like? I'll get a pic of the test.:D I also played with the color changers and I cant seem to find a good spot and they dont blink the same color together but if you had a backboard full of them it would look really cool, they dont like to shine through stuff very well but would look good under clear lenses.

Kevlar

Feb 20, 2012
A bit of searching and I found that combined GI/flash LEDs have 3 or even 4 wires so like you say it's one or the other in your case.

SKILL_SHOT

Banned
Jul 11, 2012
Well you can wire it to whatever bulb you want fixed GI or maybe some blinky lights or flashers or even coils,but multiple connections might be bad. Im not sure, I just read on pinside a guy who had GI and flash but his had 3 connection points.
Test pics i have it hooked up to the extra ball light during all lamp test for a reliable time to take a photo but I think they look better when the blink so I might hook them up to blinking lights instead of constant on GI or a mixture.
Warm white
IMG_4503.jpg

The RED looks orange
IMG_4509.jpg

IMG_4502.jpg

Members online

Members online