Latest NEWS And INFORMATION On FarSight Studios' The Pinball Arcade

Status
Not open for further replies.

emb531

Mar 22, 2012
The multi-ball camera should be top priority to change, don't see how it could be that hard to just not make the camera move when multi-ball is enabled. So annoying.

PiN WiZ

Mod & Forum Superstar
Staff member
Feb 22, 2012
@FarSight...Since the release of the first DLC tables is imminent, could you please give us details on the pricing for all platforms/devices and details on if the tables can be purchased separately (price for each?) or if they'll only be available as a set. Thanks.

Last edited:

Jeff Strong

Staff member
Feb 19, 2012
Thanks again for keeping the first post updated, PW :)

The tables look so much better on the iPad 2 after today's update. Great work, Farsight!

It won't be long before iPad 3 users will have a smooth version too with as hard as Farsight is working. Sounds like the next two tables are just around the corner as well.

Last edited:

PiN WiZ

Mod & Forum Superstar
Staff member
Feb 22, 2012
It's my pleasure. I just wanted to make sure everyone had somewhere they can go for all the latest news and updates without having to scour FarSight's TPA FB Wall and the entire internet for information. I try my best to keep all information fresh and accurate when I get a few minutes here and there to do so.

Brian Clark

Feb 28, 2012
It won't be long before iPad 3 users will have a smooth version too with as hard as Farsight is working. Sounds like the next two tables are just around the corner as well.

According to a post on facebook, the smooth iPad 3 version is finished, but it didn't appear in the last update becuase it was submitted later. It probably won't be too much longer.

Last edited:

Jeff Strong

Staff member
Feb 19, 2012
It's my pleasure. I just wanted to make sure everyone had somewhere they can go for all the latest news and updates without having to scour FarSight's TPA FB Wall and the entire internet for information. I try my best to keep all information fresh and accurate when I get a few minutes here and there to do so.

Right on. Man, the FB wall just gets flooded way too fast. If I wasn't online most of the day,
there's absolutely no way I could keep up with it. This forum is way more convenient.

Jeff Strong

Staff member
Feb 19, 2012
According to a post on facebook, the smooth iPad 3 version is finished, but it didn't appear in the last update becuase it was submitted late. It probably won't be too much longer.

I saw they said on FB that they were hoping to have the iOS update finished tomorrow or Friday by the latest.........so if it's already done hen that's even better....but I didn't see where they said that?

Here are the comments I'm referring to:

https://www.facebook.com/pinballarcade/posts/378286748859058?comment_id=4853183

https://www.facebook.com/pinballarcade/posts/378314665522933?comment_id=4853225

Last edited:

Brian Clark

Feb 28, 2012
I saw they said on FB that they were hoping to have the iOS update finished tomorrow or Friday by the latest.........so if it's already done hen that's even better....but I didn't see where they said that?

Here are the comments I'm referring to:

https://www.facebook.com/pinballarcade/posts/378286748859058?comment_id=4853183

https://www.facebook.com/pinballarcade/posts/378314665522933?comment_id=4853225

The comments say that the update is finished, but will be submitted on Friday. From the second link, "Yes, we've already fixed the framerate internally and we'll be uploading a new update to Apple within a day or two.".

Jeff Strong

Staff member
Feb 19, 2012
The comments say that the update is finished, but will be submitted on Friday. From the second link, "Yes, we've already fixed the framerate internally and we'll be uploading a new update to Apple within a day or two.".

I don't think so. If everything was finished then it would already be submitted to Apple. Why would they wait? That doesn't make sense. It sounds like parts of it are finished (such as the frame rate issue), but they're still working on finalizing the update which they said will be ready to submit to Apple in the next day or two.

"the next iOS update will be submitted tomorrow (Friday at the latest). Hopefully, we can get it expedited".

Last edited:

Brian Clark

Feb 28, 2012
I don't think so. If everything was finished then it would already be submitted to Apple. Why would they wait? That doesn't make sense. It sounds like parts of it are finished (such as the frame rate issue), but they're still working on finalizing the update which they said will be ready to submit to Apple in the next day or two.

"the next iOS update will be submitted tomorrow (Friday at the latest). Hopefully, we can get it expedited".

I quoted a post from the link in your previous post. Some of the other information about the update is right there in your links. I'm going by what I read on facebook. Other posts said that Farsight had delays in getting updates through to apple because of the many updates for the new iPad. That is the reason for waiting to submit it to apple. Also, about the expedited comments, there are other comments that said that Apple sometimes lets updates go out early if the game is in a broken state.

Anyway, what I read, from reading multiple posts on facebook, including the ones you linked is that apple is busy with a ton of iPad updates, so Farsight has to wait, probably until Friday, in order to send the update to apple, but the framerate for the iPad 3 Pinball Arcade has been fixed. There's also the approval process after the update is sent, which Farsight hopes will be shortened due to the importance of the update.

Reading the posts again, they didn't say it was or wasn't finished, but I was going by what I read about apple's update process and what I read about the framerate being fixed. I also assumed it was far along due to reports from that Texas pinball convention, which had the iPad 3 version running well, telling form reports.

Here is one of the comments that the expedited comment is a response to:
"Call apple and explain the problem and they will get another update through fast for ya!"
The comment from Reekmans David near the bottom of the post

From an earlier post on March 24th:
"The Pinball Arcade Probably about two week - the iOS approval process has slowed down since the new iPad was released with many apps in the update queue."

Last edited:

Kevlar

Feb 20, 2012
I fixed mine by uninstalling and re-installing the old version which had been moved to my recycle bin. What I'm not quite clear on is what has been updated, I posted on facebook that after comparing screenshots between my ipad 2 and 3 it was clear that the textures had been updated, the ipad 3 looking much better than the 2, even though they didn't have an ipad 3 at the time. Farsight replied that the textures were the same. Shows my lack of knowledge I guess. Great as it looks now on the new ipad it should look much better again after the next update which will be optimised for it!. The mind boggles!.

PiN WiZ

Mod & Forum Superstar
Staff member
Feb 22, 2012
I fixed mine by uninstalling and re-installing the old version which had been moved to my recycle bin. What I'm not quite clear on is what has been updated, I posted on facebook that after comparing screenshots between my ipad 2 and 3 it was clear that the textures had been updated, the ipad 3 looking much better than the 2, even though they didn't have an ipad 3 at the time. Farsight replied that the textures were the same. Shows my lack of knowledge I guess. Great as it looks now on the new ipad it should look much better again after the next update which will be optimised for it!. The mind boggles!.

The reason it looks better on the iPad 3 is because of the retinal screen, not higher res textures. However, the next update will increase poly counts and feature higher res textures which, as you said, will make TPA look even better on the iPad 3.

Last edited:

PiN WiZ

Mod & Forum Superstar
Staff member
Feb 22, 2012
UPDATE : Added Android/iOS "Latest Version" and "Next Update Details" sections. Updated the PS3 and Vita release section with the latest information.

Last edited:

Jan Duin

Feb 20, 2012
How cool would it be if TPA's Facebook-page contained a permanent link to the first post of this thread?
Even though people would still post questions about the release date I'm sure...

N

Nik Barbour

How cool would it be if TPA's Facebook-page contained a permanent link to the first post of this thread?
Even though people would still post questions about the release date I'm sure...

Nice idea - but what would all the Facebookers have to ask each other about then?

PiN WiZ

Mod & Forum Superstar
Staff member
Feb 22, 2012
UPDATE : Added Tech Support email (thanks for the reminder Nik)

lettuce

Mar 17, 2012
Shame they havent decided to update the lighting on the updated iOS versions, like the 360 and PS3 appear to have! :(

Sean DonCarlos

Staff member
Mar 17, 2012
Shame they havent decided to update the lighting on the updated iOS versions, like the 360 and PS3 appear to have! :(
FarSight stated they're not currently able to do the advanced lighting on iOS devices because it would cause performance issues or make the download size too big:

...since we cannot use lighting methods on mobile devices due to performance it would have to be texture swaps, which would make the asset packets a bit larger than we would like.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

No members online now.

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Latest posts