Bug PC Version 1.19.6 Bugs

Status
Not open for further replies.

SqueakyG

Apr 20, 2012
Title Bug: General - display settings not saved

Expected Result: Screen settings to be saved by using the setup utility
Actual Result: Settings not saved by initial run of the setup utility

Comment: Upon first launch, Steam offered the choice of playing the game or going into the setup utility. I went into the setup utility (changing several settings such as the resolution, post-processing and anti-aliasing) and I then saved the settings. That took me back into Steam, so I launched the game again and clicked "play". The same settings window appeared but my choices had reverted back to the defaults.

Same happened for me.

Title Bug: No analog control of nudge using Xbox 360 Controller

the response is like using digital inputs like a keyboard. Even if I ever so slowly move the analog stick, it instantly goes from 'not nudging' to 'WHAM!'. There's no finesse to nudging in this manor.

Confirmed here on wired Xbox 360 controller... just one full-strength nudge.

vpalmer

Aug 18, 2013
got 60 lamp spins wizard goal on ToTAN with only 45 spins actually completed (30 and 15 were lit).

Jaaqo

Nov 5, 2013
Bug: Crash - Configuration utility not launching
OS Version: Windows 7
Graphics Card: NVIDIA Geforce 8800 GTS 320 MB
Ram: 6 GB
Version #: 1.19.1
Display Mode: Windowed/Full Screen
Display Resolution: 1920x1080

Frequency of Occurrence: Every time.

Expected Result: Configuration utility launching.
Actual Result: Configuration utility not launching.

Comment: Every time I try to launch the configuration utility, I'm in-game according to Steam, but only for a few seconds. Nothing shows up. I've tried launching the exe file directly, using compatibility mode and as administrator, but can't get it to work. The game itself runs fine, but I'm stuck with 640x480 resolution, which looks horrible.

I realise this probably has more to do with my computer than Pinball Arcade, but any help would be greatly appreciated.

I've also noticed that the settings files (settings.dat and Settings.ini) seem to be located in C:\Users\Username\My Games\Pinball Arcade\. If anyone with the same display resolution (1920x1080) could share those files, I could just copy them over mine and see if it works.

slippifishi

Nov 5, 2013
General - Controls - Secondary flipper not always working

Bug: General - Controls - Secondary flipper not always working
OS Version: Windows 7
Graphics Card: NVIDIA Geforce GT 560ti
Ram: 12GB
Version: 1.19.1
Display Mode: Full Screen
Display Resolution: 1920 x 1080
Controller: Generic XBOX 360 Wired Controller
Frequency of Occurrence: 100% of the time
Expected Result: When entering initials for the highscore tables, secondary flipper buttons (defaults LB and RB) page left/right through available characters.
Actual Result: Have to use primary flipper buttons to page left/right.
Comment: Bug as described. It's a minor problem, but my 360 controller RT is a bit "sticky", so I've gotten used to not using it. I would have assumed that the secondary action would work throughout the interface, not just "in game".

BonzoGonzo

Jun 12, 2012
I'm getting the same results with a wired Xbox 360 controller. Now I know why I am getting more tilts and tilt warnings than I did on my PS3 or Xbox 360.

hm, i've had no problems with a wired xbox360 controler, everything works as it should (full analog nudge control). :/

maybe xbox360 pad drivers are not installed?

Crazy Newt

Dec 2, 2012
hm, i've had no problems with a wired xbox360 controler, everything works as it should (full analog nudge control). :/

The controller nudges, but it is at a set level, as if it were completely digital, where I am unable to gently nudge the table by barely moving the left stick. I even have extenders on all my controller sticks, so I am able to have more precise control, but no matter how little I move the stick, it nudges the table at the same strength as if I had a button or key selected for this action.

Edit: Sorry, what are Xbox 360 pad drivers? I use Windows 7 64-bit and I have games for Windows installed and synced to my Xbox 360 Live account. A quick search on drivers for this controller did not find a hit directly on Microsoft's site. I would think that my OS would have the necessary drivers. The controller has both rumble and analog control on many other games, just not this one.

Last edited:

joeblade

Nov 4, 2013
12045 is an error code relating to certificates. My initial guess would be some sort of firewall or anti virus software blocking access.

That's what I thought Mike, disabled all aspects of avast for 10mins, restarted steam and TPA and still showing (ERROR) at purchase?
Looks like im not going to be playing TPA soon properly unless I completely remove my firewall which im not willing to do............oh well!!

EDIT: Just a thought here...my PC is wirelessly connected to my router....any one else running this configuration?

Last edited:

Mike Reitmeyer

FarSight Employee
Mar 13, 2012
That's what I thought Mike, disabled all aspects of avast for 10mins, restarted steam and TPA and still showing (ERROR) at purchase?
Looks like im not going to be playing TPA soon properly unless I completely remove my firewall which im not willing to do............oh well!!

EDIT: Just a thought here...my PC is wirelessly connected to my router....any one else running this configuration?

At some point in the next few days we will roll out the ability to purchase the season packs through the DLC Store page. If you planned to purchase season packs that might be the best way to go, will get you past this error message.

In the meantime I'll look into it some more.

Mike Reitmeyer

FarSight Employee
Mar 13, 2012
The controller nudges, but it is at a set level, as if it were completely digital, where I am unable to gently nudge the table by barely moving the left stick. I even have extenders on all my controller sticks, so I am able to have more precise control, but no matter how little I move the stick, it nudges the table at the same strength as if I had a button or key selected for this action.

Edit: Sorry, what are Xbox 360 pad drivers? I use Windows 7 64-bit and I have games for Windows installed and synced to my Xbox 360 Live account. A quick search on drivers for this controller did not find a hit directly on Microsoft's site. I would think that my OS would have the necessary drivers. The controller has both rumble and analog control on many other games, just not this one.

Try this
http://www.microsoft.com/hardware/en-us/d/xbox-360-controller-for-windows

AshleyAshes

Jun 27, 2012

That may be, but I'm able to use that same analog stick in other games for analog input, like say with Need For Speed or Portal 2. So it doesn't seem to be sending out digital info.

Crazy Newt

Dec 2, 2012

Found that and installed for my OS. Now I have an app the shows the status of my controller, but I still only have digital control over the table nudging. I'm certain there is no analog control of the table nudge on my game. Not a huge hit, but on Medieval Madness, my favorite game, I use it to great effect. It is not the same on either my iPad and PC when compared to my Xbox 360 or PS3.

Last edited:

BonzoGonzo

Jun 12, 2012
after directly comparing the analog nudge controls on pc and xbox360, i can confirm that pc version indeed has only 'full strength' nudge as opposed to the xbox360 version, where you can also nudge just slightly and not with 'full force' only.

it baffles me how i didn't notice that on my own in the first place ;(

JPelter

Jun 11, 2012
after directly comparing the analog nudge controls on pc and xbox360, i can confirm that pc version indeed has only 'full strength' nudge as opposed to the xbox360 version, where you can also nudge just slightly and not with 'full force' only.

it baffles me how i didn't notice that on my own in the first place ;(

I'm not sure if this is accurate, but if there is analog nudge in place it's set to a way too high base level where even touching the control will give a serious shove. I could control my nudge sensitivity on the PS3 exactly. The problem this creates is that nudging on old EM tables can end the ball instantly on a tilt fairly often. Playing those tables without being able to nudge is practically impossible.

e: After some further testing BonzoGonzo seems to be right. I can't tell any difference between moving the stick 500 units to the left, or moving it 32000 units to the left. The nudging amount is roughly equal which seems to be a really hard shove.

Last edited:

gypsyshred

Apr 12, 2012
I've noticed it has trouble with camera cues. I've noticed the mixmaster issue. Also on Circus Voltaire, I triggered the backglass cannon, and it didn't pan to the backglass. The mode went as planned, the sounds, ect, but the camera focused on an empty play field. I'd bet someone not familiar with the table would be pretty confused.

Jeff Strong

Staff member
Feb 19, 2012
I'm going to rename this thread and leave it open for the current version since most of these bugs are still present in the latest version.

PiN WiZ

Mod & Forum Superstar
Staff member
Feb 22, 2012
Here's a post from the TPA Steam forum :

The devs need to know that the German version has a horrible translation mistake in the menu.

English:

Season One Tables
Season Two Tables

German:

Staffel Eine Tabellen .. wrong => "Staffel Eins Tische"
Staffel Zwei Tabellen ... wrong => "Staffel Zwei Tische"

It's "Tische" and not "Tabellen" as "Tabellen" is only used for Excel charts, statistics etc.

Or even better: "Saison Eins Tische", "Saison Zwei Tische"...as "Staffel" is only used for TV seasons

superballs

Apr 12, 2012

I'm connected to my neighbour's wireless right now and it's a weak signal. Though I don't use Antivirus and I only use windows firewall.

Black Knight:

I was playing the demo and I got multiball. The top ball came down and drained and the bottom saucer kept ejecting the ball and having it get stuck back in. Just kept doing that over and over.

Windows 7
ATI Radeon HD 2600 pro Mobile

Oversoul666

Nov 5, 2013
I'm on a reasonably high-end rig (fast CPU, NVIDIA GTX 670, 2560x1440 resolution) and I'm running with very high settings (32xAA, 8x supersample transparency AA, 16x anisotropic filtering). Things I've noticed...

The Windows 7 icon is really low-res and blurry:
http://i.imgur.com/y0W5u9b.png

Postprocessing on a high-end rig looks terrible, messing up both geometry and textures (be sure to magnify up to full resolution):
http://i.imgur.com/UVU4I0K.jpg (without postprocessing)
http://i.imgur.com/I5NbW5I.jpg (with postprocessing)

The Hall Of Fame points just don't exist. I can't find them anywhere, there's not even a page in the leaderboard for them. I also upped my high score on Tales Of The Arabian Nights, which should've upped my HOF points, logged into my iPad and verified that my HOF points didn't change.

And, to echo a bunch of other observations, many of the textures are really, really low-res. This has nothing to do with DX9 vs. DX11, it's just that some of the original art wasn't scanned in and/or stored at a high level of detail. Presumably, the only way they can fix this is with new high-res scans (I assume if they had high-res art lying around, they would've included it in the PC version). I know it'd be a lot of work for them, but this version (and PS4) just won't look truly good until the underlying textures are sharp and detailed.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

No members online now.

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Latest posts