Pinball After Dark

Kolchak357

Senior Pigeon
May 31, 2012
I think it's ambitious. How much "adult" content is even on mobile platforms? Yet how many adults own smartphones and tablets... I think it's a great idea that could pull a lot of that demographic away from crappy slot machine apps.....

I assume the same people will be buying the after dark app no matter what their age is.

Kolchak357

Senior Pigeon
May 31, 2012
In my state you have to be 21 to gamble, so maybe that could be an excuse to get some gambling themed pins. Riverboat Gambler is always fun for me.

Bowflex

Feb 21, 2012
They did show silver all mania on Facebook and tpa mentioned about "the way the man on the left is playing pinball" or something similar. Perhaps this will be one for pad.

SKILL_SHOT

Banned
Jul 11, 2012
this guy? :p
image-16_zps0c4d1fde.jpg

Last edited:

Buzz1126

Dec 27, 2013
I'm sorry, but "Pinball After Dark" is the stupidest thing I've heard in a long time. I'm not a prude, I'm not trying to save the children. I just can't see how it increases the value of the game. Did I read right, that there's a game you can actually hear someone fart? I can hear that at home for free, along with adult language and on occasion (and getting farther inbetween...) female nudity. There's a bug on the "Elvira" table: sometimes shooting the ball to the left kick-out hole sends the ball flying several feet (to scale). It looks cool, but it ends your ball. Would TPA mind fixing that, and for that matter, ALL THE BUGS before introducing PAD?

shutyertrap

Staff member
Mar 14, 2012
I'm sorry, but "Pinball After Dark" is the stupidest thing I've heard in a long time. I'm not a prude, I'm not trying to save the children. I just can't see how it increases the value of the game. Did I read right, that there's a game you can actually hear someone fart? I can hear that at home for free, along with adult language and on occasion (and getting farther inbetween...) female nudity.

What you do or don't think of as offensive or needing restriction is not up for debate. It is simply a matter of what the ESRB thinks, and their opinion WILL affect whether we ever see certain games in TPA or not. FarSight must stick to the E10 rating they currently have. End of story. So if you ever want to see a Big Bang Bar, Sopranos, Family Guy, Playboy, or Xenon in TPA for example, Pinball After Dark is the answer. If you don't, then it's no skin off your back if PAD exists, right? As for the stupidity of it, send your comments care of the ESRB.

TripleT

Sep 23, 2012
What you do or don't think of as offensive or needing restriction is not up for debate. It is simply a matter of what the ESRB thinks, and their opinion WILL affect whether we ever see certain games in TPA or not. FarSight must stick to the E10 rating they currently have. End of story. So if you ever want to see a Big Bang Bar, Sopranos, Family Guy, Playboy, or Xenon in TPA for example, Pinball After Dark is the answer. If you don't, then it's no skin off your back if PAD exists, right? As for the stupidity of it, send your comments care of the ESRB.

That's just crazy talk.

Not to mention people will then need to find something else to fixate on and whine about here. Please be sensitive to their needs!

Sheesh!

LeRoy3rd

May 18, 2013
Personally, I want LESS choices! No pinball after dark, no Farsight-designed tables, just keep putting out one table a month that I may or may not enjoy...

StarDust4Ever

Jun 30, 2013

Seriously, why can't DLC packs have separate ESRB ratings from the main software title? Is that an ESRB policy or a console policy? I say Farsight should just grow some kahunas and just do it anyway, and if they want to add more tables that won't fit within the E10 rating, then just bump the whole damn package up to "T for Teen". They certainly won't lose any sales by doing so, and potentially may gain a few more. Add a disclaimer before people purchase tables with "suggestive" themes, and if necessary, add an option to input a parental control PIN to access said tables, just to pacify the critics. I'm sure 99% of pinball tables ever made would pass the "Teen" ESRB ratings test if digitized.

Kadett785

Nov 23, 2013

While I can see that the Sopranos, Family Guy and Playboy could change the rating to *Teen*, I don't see how Xenon is any more problematic than Bride of Pinbot, both feature a mildly sexually suggestive metal female and feature suggestive moaning. Big Bang Bar doesn't seem risque for me at all either so I'm not really understanding how the rating could change. Not to say you are wrong or anything, but I don't quite see how some of the tables mentioned would change the ratings.

Last edited:
N

netizen

The issue(s) with Xenon could be the tightly wrapped ass on the playfield and all the moaning the machine does. Big bang Bar has the pole dancer, which might seem suggestive, or risque to some; even tho she is green.
Sopranos and Family Guy are F Bombed out, and Playboy, even though there is no nudity, has the association of the magazine and its brand.

You're right, pinball tables were once popular in bars and Pool Halls. However most of those places tended to have age limits, which digital devices don't. We don't know if the E rating was necessary for TPA to be published on a specific platform or was a specific licensing agreement. Either way, with Pinball After Dark there will be more opportunities for more pinball. I don't see how this can be a bad thing.

danivempire

Oct 26, 2013
The only thing that bothers me so far is that farsight threw to is this after dark bomb, and we have no more infos...
I know they just got back from holidays but we may be stuck like this on this subject for a long time as far as we know...
Bare with me, a few weeks is a long time on the Internet ^^

shutyertrap

Staff member
Mar 14, 2012
The only thing that bothers me so far is that farsight threw to is this after dark bomb, and we have no more infos...
I know they just got back from holidays but we may be stuck like this on this subject for a long time as far as we know...
Bare with me, a few weeks is a long time on the Internet ^^

Believe me, I thought this was killed a year ago when I asked Bobby about it. It was played off as being nothing more than an internal joke. I'll press for more answers when Jeff and I go back up in a month or two.

Members online

No members online now.

Members online

No members online now.