Pinball Arcade Portrait Mode Camera 4 issues.

Robert Misner

Oct 4, 2014
Heres the Season 4 OK tables.

I've moved Party Zone here and adding Earthshaker as well.
Both have good views of the lanes..but for some reason they are really wasting alot of space below the flippers..BSD was like this before they adjusted so ..these aren't bad..but I think they fit more into the OK then Good due to this.I don't know how anyone else feels about this..

w4X5XsQ.jpg
OXeaCDv.jpg

Last edited:

karl

May 10, 2012
This is a great subject and thank you for taking the time to go through it all. I agree with everything that you are pointing out. The portrait mode in steam has not been getting a lot of attention from Farsight. I stopped using it all together.

I hope that Farsight is watching this thread and takes notes. The idea of doing each table separately sounds good in theory but if they are gonna do it that way, they need to give each table more attention. Better to have one view that fits all tables, if that is even possible.

We see the same problem on other platforms as well. Even on IOS there is a few tables that I actually play in view mode 4 but the majority is unplayable in that view. Portrait on Steam is the worst, though. Even the good ones that you mention above is still cropped a bit to much. If and when there will be a cabinet view, they have to standardize it(but as you say, standing above the monitor is not the same as just tilting it) but in the meantime, I hope they show portrait mode in steam a little more love.

mpad

Jan 26, 2014
++++ show it some love!!!
Some standard static fixed view love.
Or some flexible adjustable open love.

Last edited:

Robert Misner

Oct 4, 2014
updated the season 4 good tables.
The Party Zone definitely meets the good criteria.. You can see the complete outlanes with no issues. and the DMD doesn't overlap the back of the table area at all.!
We're two for two with this season by this modest criteria.

Honest (MINOR) constructive criticism would be: perhaps the table being offset to the right vs being offset to the left wasn't the best choice due to the right ramp extending out so far to the right. And again of a minor nature alot of space at the bottom of the table past the flipper to me is kind of wasted.Probably best categorized as personal taste. Overall I'm pleased with the camera view.

switch3flip

Jan 30, 2013
Awesome job!! The little extra space below flippers is much appreciated for mobile device playing so you don't obstruct view (usually inlanes) with your thumbs. A few tables are a real pain!

Robert Misner

Oct 4, 2014
i can definitely see why it would be better for mobile..but not so much on a pc in portrait mode..but as i say..its a minor complaint :)

Robert Misner

Oct 4, 2014
updated to add in latest season 4 table.
as well moved Genie to good after playing it again I think thats where it should be..

Biff

Sep 18, 2012
What's cool on Troopers in portrait mode, you can disable the hud and you still see the really good looking DMD on the backglass.

Robert Misner

Oct 4, 2014
What's cool on Troopers in portrait mode, you can disable the hud and you still see the really good looking DMD on the backglass.

Not in Portrait Mode 4 unfortunately..but if you prefer portrait mode 2 that seems to be the case.
Perhaps after the Dx11 patch is finished we'll get that custom camera 5 and all this will be moot :)

Members online

No members online now.

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Latest posts