PS3 Version 2.05 Available Now (NA) (Feedback Thread)

The Doctor

Banned
May 1, 2012
there are now four multiball cameras, i think they are the same as the non-multiball ones but they will snap to it like multiball... very nice to have an overhead perspective now makes NGG a lot easier

iCub

Oct 8, 2012
More worse then before.. They did it again.. The twillight screenshot with the missing post was hillarius ROFL
Fantastic four is back on Zen 2 just fantastic work..

+1 Really enjoying Fantastic 4; it has some great missions and was worth the wait. (The missing nudge sound effect is slightly wierd though).

spoonman

Apr 20, 2012
There's no trophy set-ups for additional games to be see.
Not really important until the DLC is released.

I wonder why they aren't correcting the obviously reversed cabinet artwork. This has been wrong for 8 months now.
It's probably the easiest of all the problems and takes one click of the mouse.. INVERT bam! :p

Kemetman72

Banned
Sep 12, 2012
It is important they have released content b4 with out trophies! What do you think we're gonna get a 2.0.6 - there's no way to frind out what the tables are even.

Biff

Sep 18, 2012
there's no way to frind out what the tables are even.

Come on, table pack 7 is already released on other devices. You just have to check the link above, read the newsletter or visit FSs Facebook site to get this old news.
Not forgetting, Twilight Zone will hit the store soon.

Last edited:

Jim O'Brien

Feb 28, 2012
Think they addressed the lag issue a bit anyway, I'm playing on a 50" plasma with no game mode, 720p settings, and my controller plugged in. Knocked off my all time high on Taxi today before work and those flippers are moving a lot better. Anyone else care to share some thoughts on this ?

smooverr

Oct 28, 2012
Think they addressed the lag issue a bit anyway, I'm playing on a 50" plasma with no game mode, 720p settings, and my controller plugged in. Knocked off my all time high on Taxi today before work and those flippers are moving a lot better. Anyone else care to share some thoughts on this ?

Yanno, I haven't played TPA in about a week. Usually when I'm away from it that long I get rusty. Today, my first game back on MM and I increased my score from 25M to 65M, even beating my score on my 360 by a few million. I did notice the flippers felt better (less laggy), but wasn't sure if it was just because I hadn't played in a while. Also, call me crazy, but are the physics on HD MUCH better now?? It felt much better compared to before where it felt like Harley on Ice.

I dunno, maybe I'm imagining it all.

Dont Troll Me

Apr 29, 2012

ya i think you are right taxi does feel better and dare i say it there is less lag on tables altogether too or maybe i am just high on paint fumes XD.

smbhax

Apr 24, 2012
The flipper lag is definitely still there; for instance, at 1080p in Creature when I shoot for KISS on the left loop from the right flipper, a regularly timed shot tends to come late and send the ball up the left alley under the slingshot instead, whereas at 480p that never happens to me.

~~~~~~~~~

Regarding what they say the update actually did, Farsight's Facebook account posted something in answer to that question here:

https://www.facebook.com/pinballarcade/posts/490677647619967

"This patch primarily addresses the black hole lower capture bug."

~~~~~~

The bug where you'd have multiple balls in the plunger lane when starting a new No Good Gofers! game if you ended the previous one with any balls locked seems to have been fixed.

Byte

Nov 11, 2012
Anyone test to see if the Black Hole lower playfield lock bug is fixed?

Played it for a while today and that issue did not happen so it seems fixed... yay! I find this table a bit harder to play now, it's like the horizontal vector of the ball is too strong so it keeps going left/right too much. Hard to exactly put it into words.

smooverr

Oct 28, 2012
Ok I fiddled with every table and they have definitely made changes to the physics, for the better! Also the flipper lag had been reduced but not eliminated. However...for some odd reason not every table seems to be upgraded. CV is still a floaty mess, but MB and TOTAN feel amazing!

grashopper

Sep 14, 2012
Wasn't this fixed already in an earlier release? I'm pretty sure it was?

Tabe
Do you mean the gate opening and closing? That was fixed in a older release but a new bug that broke the ball capture lock was introduced in the last patch.
Did they break the lock before also?

Jeff Strong

Staff member
Feb 19, 2012
I have never seen this bug, not in the old version and not in the latest patch.

Well, that's good, but it was definitely new and present in 2.0.4, but it sounds like it's fixed now. I haven't had a chance to play since the new update though.

Members online

No members online now.

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Latest posts