Pure Pool for PS4

brakel

Apr 27, 2012
I just bought Pure Pool on the PS4. Only $12.99 which seems to be a bargain. I haven't played a lot of pool or billiards video games but I wanted to get something that my older/middle brother could play against me when he visits. For a cheap game it seems to be done really well. High res textures and sound along with what seems like good physics. I'd like to hear what someone who is more into billiards in real life and/or in video games than I has to say about it.

spoonman

Apr 20, 2012
I just bought Pure Pool on the PS4. Only $12.99 which seems to be a bargain. I haven't played a lot of pool or billiards video games but I wanted to get something that my older/middle brother could play against me when he visits. For a cheap game it seems to be done really well. High res textures and sound along with what seems like good physics. I'd like to hear what someone who is more into billiards in real life and/or in video games than I has to say about it.

I haven't played Pure Pool yet, but I've played a lot of Hustle Kings on the PS3 and I believe this is their update to that game. If it's anything like Hustle Kings it should be very good. The PS3 version also supported the Sony Move and had support for Stereoscopic 3D (which looks pretty nice).

Strangely enough it seems they have just announced Hustle Kings is coming to the PS4. Lots of pool on the PS4! :p
http://blog.us.playstation.com/2014/08/12/hustle-kings-coming-soon-to-ps4/

brakel

Apr 27, 2012
I haven't played Pure Pool yet, but I've played a lot of Hustle Kings on the PS3 and I believe this is their update to that game. If it's anything like Hustle Kings it should be very good. The PS3 version also supported the Sony Move and had support for Stereoscopic 3D (which looks pretty nice).

Strangely enough it seems they have just announced Hustle Kings is coming to the PS4. Lots of pool on the PS4! :p
http://blog.us.playstation.com/2014/08/12/hustle-kings-coming-soon-to-ps4/

Kind of confusing but this new version of Hustle Kings was not made by VooFoo Studios but Pure Pool was. It will be interesting to compare the two.

Biff

Sep 18, 2012
I used to play Hustle Kings on PS3 and it felt more challenging than real Pool.
Seriously I'm a better Pool player in real life which is kind of weird.

Pure Pool is also available on Steam and I will buy this version someday.

Tabe

Apr 12, 2012
I've played a bit of Pure Pool and I like it. It looks incredible. My main complaint is that the view is so zoomed in that is really hard to aim shots of any length at all.

wolfson

May 24, 2013
got it last week luv it, looks really great !!! I`ve got Hustle kings on PS3as well.here`s another indie game for you on PS4for about the same price, STEAMWORLD DIG it`s addictive.it`s a cross buy for PS VITA. :)

brakel

Apr 27, 2012
I wish TPA looked this good on the PS4. Even the intro looks great. Imagine that intro but instead of turning the corner into a pool hall you turn the corner into an arcade.

Tabe

Apr 12, 2012
Inspired by this thread, I played about 20 games of 9-ball against a computer opponent last night. A couple more complaints that I'd forgotten when making my last post - there are waaaaaaaaay too many scratches and balls off the table in this. Some of that undoubtedly is me but a lot of it seems to just be the game itself for some reason. Second, the colors on balls 3 & 5 are too similar. I have a hard time distinguishing them. Third, as mentioned before, long shots are hard because of the viewing angle. Well, last night, thanks to the background and viewing angle, I had a shot where I literally could not see the pocket at all. How am I supposed to aim when there's just a black haze where the corner pocket is? Fourth, the computer is incredibly terrible when it comes to ball-in-hand situations. It seems to just put the ball down wherever the camera stopped from a previous shot or something. It ends up having ridiculously hard shots instead of the easy ones it should.

I finally made a 9-ball on the break last night - but I also scratched. So no win for me. Grrr. The game doesn't count scratching on a made 9-ball as an automatic loss, which is contrary to the rules I've always played under, so at least I didn't lose.

I'd love for a way to turn off the "XXXXXXXXX is now online" notifications since they're just random people and not from my friends list.

All in all, though, a fun game.

spoonman

Apr 20, 2012
I still play Yahoo Pool online. lol

I used to enjoy a few classic video games based on pool.
On the NES I played Lunar Ball and on the SNES I liked Championship Pool. It played well and had the best ball clanking sounds I had ever heard in a video game. The music was awful, so luckily you could turn it off a nd crank up the sound effects.

Oh yeah, and I also played an early 3D polygon PC games called Virtual Pool. It looked really great for its time.

Birdorf

May 15, 2012
For me, nothing quite compares to Jimmy White's Snooker on the Amiga. I wonder how it holds up today, I don't want to find out, it would probably shatter my rose tinted goggles.

Members online

Members online

Latest posts

Latest posts