[RANT] This is the worst table in TPA

neglectoid

Sep 27, 2012
Mr ??? looks around... oh me... i have only been called Mr. in a court scenario.
oh yeah i forgot...you don't have a PC. i remember reading that on a different thread. well bro. anytime you have a vid i'm willing to watch. just let me know.

Advalle

Jul 18, 2012
Is there a way to record on ipad with a jailbreak? Or does one have to buy a tool for recording a game. Unfortunately i dont have a camera to record, but id like to show a small vid for input and discussion.
Id also like to see squids gameplay too, maybe pickup some techniques on atlantis play, cuz i suck turd on it hehe.
That wizard goal that squid set himself of hitting FF with a ripoff and then hitting FF again says alot about multiball technique, something i could not achieve if somebody pointed a gun at me.

Last edited:

Squid

Senior Creature
Mar 22, 2012
When I say Mr., you need to think of it in a Reservoir Dogs-esque kinda way. My Mother used to tell me that shady people hang around 'those things' (pinball).
;)

Jeff Strong

Staff member
Feb 19, 2012
Mr. neglectoid, your wish may soon be granted. Certain friends and family have been twisting my arm into getting a better phone (one that works). I keep hearing about an S3. Tech stuff isn't my milieu so, I'm still on the fence about it. I don't even have a PC.

Would an S3 be able to accomplish this task without using a PC?

Yes, you would be able to upload to youtube straight from your S3...or you could even stream live with the ustream app or something similar.

Squid

Senior Creature
Mar 22, 2012
I was hoping to hear that Mr. Strong. Thank You!
This old dog might be learning some new tricks before too long.
I have many a question about this move into the 21st century. I'm gonna hafta collect my thoughts on the matter.*

*new thread is incoming

ClaudeHenrySmoot

Apr 27, 2012
RBION bashing? No way I'm sitting this thread out...

I just pulled up RBION after a few month hiatus, and man, I STILL dislike that table. Someone in another RBION bashing thread put it very well... the table spends too much time "playing with itself". Way too many weak/off shots just end up with the ball rolling around the back of the table somewhere. I've been waiting for the free-cam on this table so I can see exactly what the hell is going on back there. I'm pretty convinced the ball is just hanging out taking a smoke break.

Aside from that:

- Tacky, uninteresting theme
- No flow whatsoever - talk about anti-SteveRitchie
- Annoying sound calls, unimpressive music
- Difficult/unrealistic goals
- Unintuitive rules - to this day I still don't know what the hell is going on when I hear "Penguin Jackpot" and the music starts ramping up like it wants me to do something
- Takes wayyyy too long to rack up a nice score.

I've tried to like this table - maybe I'll give it another year?

Squid

Senior Creature
Mar 22, 2012
Valid points, Mr. CHS. The theme of the table has to be appreciated in order to enjoy it. I'll flip on some music when I'm travelin' through Ripley's.

The rules are way too convoluted in contrast to the true simplicity of the table. The big riddle (wizard goal) for me was finding the simplicity. The flow comes from precision and knowin' what to do with the ball. This is definitely a 'players' table, as far as I can tell. It's tough to dig on it. I do wish the games could be shorter by cuttin' back on the amount of extra balls that are available.

When you learn how to play the table, it's like learnin' music. You're gonna learn the wrong notes in order to play the right ones.

Chris Dunman

Apr 11, 2012
Is this the worst table? It's a close one but that award has to go to the appalling Cirqus Voltaire. Just terrible. Not the version here mind, I mean the whole concept.

Members online

No members online now.

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Latest posts