Scores not posting to leaderboards

DeeEff

Feb 28, 2013
As far as I understand it, you have to beat your local high score (or at least make it onto your local high score list?) before TPA tries to post to the leaderboards. (Someone please correct me if I'm wrong...)

The way I play, I don't really know the table well enough to play instinctively for a month or two - my great games have always come after that time. But yeah, I'm not spending a lot of time on the new tables because of this leaderboard snafu.

Clawhammer

Nov 1, 2012
When this has happened in the past, did the leader board reflect your current high score, or did you have to go beat it in order to be able to post?

Because if it is the latter, it makes me want to hold off on playing...

When the leaderboards were down after the release of FP/DD, scores made in the week where they weren't working got posted all at once once the boards were fixed. No idea if that will happen this time. But yeah, I agree, trying to beat your local high score to get anything on the board would be very frustrating.

Frostyglitch

Apr 3, 2012
When the leaderboards were down after the release of FP/DD, scores made in the week where they weren't working got posted all at once once the boards were fixed. No idea if that will happen this time. But yeah, I agree, trying to beat your local high score to get anything on the board would be very frustrating.

I beat one of my local high scores scores on OS X, but still no dice on making it on the leader board.

Clawhammer

Nov 1, 2012
No email back from FS and still no fix as far as I'm aware. I would appreciate if other iOS users would email support@pinballarcade.com about this in hopes that FS will proioritize a fix. I really want to play more of the new table pack but no leaderboard ruins my motivation.

TomL

Mar 12, 2013
As far as I understand it, you have to beat your local high score (or at least make it onto your local high score list?) before TPA tries to post to the leaderboards. (Someone please correct me if I'm wrong...)

The way I play, I don't really know the table well enough to play instinctively for a month or two - my great games have always come after that time. But yeah, I'm not spending a lot of time on the new tables because of this leaderboard snafu.

Don't know for sure about iOS, but on Android, TPA will send your completed game's score to the leaderboard everytime, even if you didn't beat your local high score.

It's a good thing too. I've had great scores while playing offline. Then while online, I get a game that doesn't beat the local score, but still higher than my leaderboard score, and that got updated on the leaderboard properly.

Clawhammer

Nov 1, 2012
I got a response from FS today:

Hello Jeff,

We apologize for the delay in responding but we have had a high influx of email lately (the newsletter always makes people want to ask us something....). Yes, we are becoming aware of the leaderboards issues and we are endeavoring to correct the issues. We reviewed the link you sent us and we are on as many of the forums and on Facebook and answering emails daily, but there is only so much we can do and respond to each day, especially over the weekends. Please continue being patient as we dig through the workload and fix the issues at hand.

Please let us know if there is anything else we can help you with.

Please respond to this message if more information is requested or required.

Thank you,
Pinball Arcade Support

Sounds like its in the que of things to fix. Patience is a virtue!

DeeEff

Feb 28, 2013
Has anyone heard any news / update / disposition of this bug?

I'm pretty much unwilling to play TPA* while this bug exists. It's rare enough that I exceed one of my high scores, and to have that rare game not appear on the leaderboards hurts.

Getting lots of Zen and Zaccaria time, though. :^/

* (I'm still playing TPA, but I'm canceling out of high score games which isn't so much fun.)

ctyboy

Jul 14, 2013
Still not posting. I'm on an iPad 4 and all leaderboard posting stopped around the first of July. Very frustrating. I'm getting some great scores. . .

Dylan_h

Mar 15, 2012
I haven't played once since the first week of CP and WW. It'll be almost like getting a 4 pack when the next one comes out... As long as the scores are posting ;)

Crusty Booger

Apr 13, 2013
I thought it seemed to be working, but recently beat my high score on whirlwind. It poted the score to the leader board, but it did not give any addl points on Game Center.

Members online

No members online now.

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Latest posts