Table Pack #16 Speculation

Status
Not open for further replies.

sotie

Aug 30, 2012
don't worry guys, it could be a lot worse, it could have been goin' nuts and seawitch..

;)

*runs*

We've already had too much back and forth regarding Seawitch vs. Flight 2000. There's no need for you to start that debate again.

sotie

Aug 30, 2012
I thought the last pack which contained Centaur and Pinbot was one of the best. I do want to see more from the late 70's and early 80's. I just want to see quality tables which they're a lot available.

I'm with you there. I REALLY want more machines from the late 70's and early 80's. My most played tables on TPA are from that same era:
Gorgar (1979)
Space Shuttle (1984)
Firepower (1980)
Centaur (1981)
Black Knight (1980)

I'd play Black Hole (1981) more often but it really needs emulation.

sotie

Aug 30, 2012
:cough: BIG GAME :cough: >.>

I don't understand your implication that I am talking a "Big Game". Go back and read the Classic Stern Poll thread. I really wanted Seawitch and it didn't win, no big deal. I'm VERY happy to get Flight 2000 and I can't wait to play it in TPA.

warh0g

Jan 3, 2013
I may have said that this could be a weak pack earlier in this thread, but I mean that it is not going to be popular among the majority.

If anything, I like to see more 80s tables. :)

They can afford to launch a "weak" pack now that people have bought Season 2 pack? :p
I for one am looking forward to this pack!

dtown8532

Apr 10, 2012
I don't understand your implication that I am talking a "Big Game". Go back and read the Classic Stern Poll thread. I really wanted Seawitch and it didn't win, no big deal. I'm VERY happy to get Flight 2000 and I can't wait to play it in TPA.

I think he's talking about the Stern table called Big Game. I think.

Jeff Strong

Staff member
Feb 19, 2012
I don't really like the older tables but I don't mind having 1 every so often as long as its paired with something more modern. But 2 in the same pack is why this looks like the must undesirable pack to me and most other people it seems so far.

Keep an open mind. You ended up liking Centaur.

SKILL_SHOT

Banned
Jul 11, 2012
Why cant they all be like CENTERAL PARK?.....the pop bumpers I mean. :p I wonder if we'll ever see a BALLYHOO no emulation needed.

Nightwing

Aug 1, 2012

You know,just because Seawitch didn't win the poll doesn't mean that it won't be in the TPA someday :)

DaPinballWizard

Apr 16, 2012
People think it is Going Nuts? I don't think so. They have Data East now, it will be their first from them. Rocky and Bullwinkle and Flight 2000. My guess.

sotie

Aug 30, 2012
People think it is Going Nuts? I don't think so. They have Data East now, it will be their first from them. Rocky and Bullwinkle and Flight 2000. My guess.

I hope you're right about Rocky and Bullwinkle instead of Goin' Nuts.

dtown8532

Apr 10, 2012

That would be fine by me but I seriously doubt it. Pin Wiz had already made a "slip" earlier in the thread that it's Flight 2000 and Goin' Nuts and has said in the past that the rest of the year is pretty much filled with HoF rereleases as the second table. Also, Rocky and Bullwinkle is not the easiest pin to find but it ain't rare either.

Mark W**a

Banned
Sep 7, 2012
This could be a test by Farsight...

See who buys table packs no matter what the quality, perhaps.

Or perhaps it's just random/poor planning.

Regardless, lets look at the positives here: Sorcerer, Teed Off, and Victory are all good-really good machines. So I'm actually glad to get the weaker stuff out of the way.

Second... Think back to last years July and August releases... Ill give you a hint, there weren't any. So fact that we get anything at all is a plus..

And if it were up to me, they'd take at least a month off to focus 100% on bug fixes, physics updates, rom emulation, and improved sound. So perhaps, and this may just be wishful thinking but, perhaps doing two simpler tables was a purposeful move in order to accomplish these goals.

SKILL_SHOT

Banned
Jul 11, 2012
the pinball show in chicago is coming up and CAL EXTREME maybe they want something they can hammer out quickly since they'll be away from the office for a while.

Jeff Strong

Staff member
Feb 19, 2012
Regardless, lets look at the positives here: Sorcerer, Teed Off, and Victory are all good-really good machines. So I'm actually glad to get the weaker stuff out of the way.

Flight 2000 is rated higher than both Teed Off and Victory at IPDB and Pinside. (and actually Victory isn't even in Pinside's Top 300 and only has a 6.7 at IPDB, while Flight 2000 has a respectable 7.5)

Yes, this pack isn't going to blow many socks off, but it's not as bad as some are making it sound.

Last edited:

canuck

Nov 28, 2012
After a heavy hitting pack like WW and TCP ---- I don't think Farsight can let up now. :D

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

No members online now.

Members online

No members online now.