Table Pack #25 Speculation

Status
Not open for further replies.

switch3flip

Jan 30, 2013
Looks like someone needs a pat on the back. All kidding aside. Stardustperson, please use your magical upcoming table powers to make South Park pinball the next one after HS. Yeah, it won't happen, and I don't hear a lot about it, but it's insanely fun, and the reason I got into pinball in the first place. (Real pinball). My friends and I must've broken it. Now they have TRON and big buck.

For me south park gets boring pretty fast and it is a bit simple, repetetive and primitive. But at the same time that it's a strength as it has to be one of the easiest tables to understand and get into fast and a perfect table for beginners as introduction to basic pinball rules. With it's popular and recognizable theme and instantly understandable gameplay it would probably be a good table for farsight to recreate and bring new players into pinball (arcade). Perhaps have a larger than usual maximum score threshold for demo playing wouldn't be a bad idea. Or maybe even having a kickstarter goal to offer it for free. It could benefit farsight in the long run.

danivempire

Oct 26, 2013
So is it finished? Or will it stay open until it's been confirmed by Farsight? Or are they just trying to throw us off if they told him that High Speed is next?

[/aprilfools2014]

let's keep it open, who knows, a few packs before most of the people thought it would be bk2000 and it was black rose, no one saw it coming (always bet on black, remember?)

so who knows, probably high speed but maybe not?

Sean DonCarlos

Staff member
Mar 17, 2012
We don't close the speculation threads until the announcement is made or the thread falls off the rails of decorum. Please feel free to continue to speculate at random. :)

StarDust4Ever

Jun 30, 2013
Are there any tables that are only mini-loops? That would be awesome!
Don't know about mini-loops, but there are old EMs that consist of nothing more than a plunger, a pair of flippers, and a bunch of pop bumpers. Many of them seem to have a grand canyon between the flippers as well, making a SDTM more likely than not. I mean, just look at the gap in the bottom of that thing:
slick%20bowling%20Q%20003.JPG

Still I think it would be cool to have more EMs in TPA, although it will never happen.

N

netizen

Everyone gets so distracted by the flipper gap that they totally ignore the dreaded gobble hole :confused:

StarDust4Ever

Jun 30, 2013
Everyone gets so distracted by the flipper gap that they totally ignore the dreaded gobble hole :confused:
Did solid state pinball tables with "Gobble Holes" ever exist? Ball traps/locks (typically used to earn multiball) don't count because modern tables automatically dispense a new ball. I think that was from the origins of pinball where they were simple gambling machines you try to launch ball into a hole for points. Then they add flippers to keep the ball in play and take away the gambling aspect. Yet "gobble holes" remained for decades to steal your quarters. I guess outlanes are a modern equivalent.

Last edited:
N

netizen

Did solid state pinball tables with "Gobble Holes" ever exist? Ball traps/locks (typically used to earn multiball) don't count because modern tables automatically dispense a new ball. I think that was from the origins of pinball where they were simple gambling machines you try to launch ball into a hole for points. Then they add flippers to keep the ball in play and take away the gambling aspect. Yet "gobble holes" remained for decades to steal your quarters. I guess outlanes are a modern equivalent.

According to IPDB - there were/are 5

None of them were high production, and a couple could barely be called pinball

Bowflex

Feb 21, 2012

Haunted House has one but it is used to switch playfield levels instead of ending your ball in play.

LanceBoyle

Jul 5, 2013
Don't know about mini-loops, but there are old EMs that consist of nothing more than a plunger, a pair of flippers, and a bunch of pop bumpers. Many of them seem to have a grand canyon between the flippers as well, making a SDTM more likely than not. I mean, just look at the gap in the bottom of that thing:
slick%20bowling%20Q%20003.JPG

Still I think it would be cool to have more EMs in TPA, although it will never happen.

That's nothing compared to this[/]:

Playfield.jpg

(also on Microsoft Pinball Arcade, funnily enough)

Shaneus

Mar 26, 2012
We don't close the speculation threads until the announcement is made or the thread falls off the rails of decorum. Please feel free to continue to speculate at random. :)
100% confirmed by Norman (lead sound dude) from FS at Texas Pinball Festival. Said I could drop his name if it hadn't been made official yet.

And he's very, very confident that it's a great feeling table. He was impressed with how well-tuned Who Dunnit was and how close it felt to the real thing, said HS was just as close, if not closer.

I think it's going to be an amazing recreation.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

No members online now.

Members online

No members online now.