Table Pack #31/Halloween/Start of Season 4 Speculation Thread

The Night Flier

Jun 10, 2014
The Phantom of the Opera would be great but it is Data East which for me at this point in time still casts a major shadow of doubt over its release.

W1LDD ONE

Jul 21, 2013
Judge Dredd would be cool and the artwork reminds me of the Metallica Pinball table. I played this table at The "Texas Pinball Festival" back in March very cool. I enjoyed playing the "Predator" table it was a long line I only got to played one game.

I can't wait for the next show in March again I have a weeks vacation set up for the three day event once again and it's only 10 minutes from my house. It's the Biggest show so far here in Texas. My first show ever was back in March this year now I'am hooked. In two days I played 19 hours and on my iPad I took pics and video footage of every table I played for 2 days open to close and was apart of that (Guinness World Records) event that they broke in Texas on day 1 of Fridays opening. It was the most pinball tables played at one time it started shortly after the doors first opened.

( 272 ) played pinball at one time is the new record for now.

Check out the "YouTube video" in this link to see just how big this venue truly is. ENJOY!!!
http://blogs.dallasobserver.com/mix...officially_broken_a_guinness_world_record.php

I met the folks of "FarSight Studios" I hung out a lot with Mike who is always on (TwitchTV) every month awesome people. I met "Jersey Jack" the man behind WOZ I got a pic taken with him. If you can make it to Texas it's March 27-29 again. Over 300 pinball tables!!!

This is a new location in Frisco Texas and they can hold probably 400 or more pinball tables in this new venue. This will be the second show ever at this new location. I think every year going forward will most likely be booked for Frisco Texas from now on. It's an awesome location for continuos growth in the pinball community. I highly recommend this yearly show. The first show was a Huge overall success it was booked immediately and we heard on Facebook in a weeks time the show was coming back to Frisco Texas guaranteed in 2015. That's Impressive!!!

Parking was free I parked my truck in their covered garage all day and night till close. No Charge! But food sucks bring your backpack with frozen bottles of water and food for a serious camp out! The Pinheads at the show for a bunch of strangers had to have been the nicest group of people I ever met under one roof in my entire life friendly and extremely courteous on rotating turns on the pinball tables I thought I was in Heaven I was (Pinball Heaven)

So Come On Out To Texas Next Year For A Killer Vacation!!!!!!

Last edited:

The Night Flier

Jun 10, 2014
Judge Dredd would be cool and the artwork reminds me of the Metallica Pinball table. I played this table at The "Texas Pinball Festival" back in March very cool. I loved the playing the "Predator" table it was a long line I only got to played one game.
I can't wait for the next show in March again I have a weeks vacation set up for the three day event again and it's only 10 minutes from my house. It's the Biggest show so far here in Frisco Texas. My first show ever was back in March this year now I'am hooked.

That sounds awesome.Enjoy the next show!

And yeah Judge Dredd would be epic!The question is will table #31 be horror themed or not?

Crawley

Mar 25, 2013
POTO has a good chance
Red & Teds Roadshow has a good shot

Yeah that's my thinking too. Hoping it's Roadshow to start but if they want to keep with the Halloween themed release for that month then POTO makes a good choice.

Otherwise it needs to be a complete surprise like a more current Stern game.

W1LDD ONE

Jul 21, 2013
Sorry if I got too chatty off the subject of horror but I posted 3 videos on (The Pinball Arcades FaceBook Page) Thursday 2 are of "Bram Stokers Dracula" and 1 of "The Addams Family" they were filmed in HD on my iPad 3 from the "Texas Pinball Show" this year they are just short pan up and down 30 sec. feeds they are both LED upgraded tables.

I have tons of short pinball scans if you would like to ever see a particular table from my first pinball show. I filmed every table I played in 2 days it's a lot of tables. The sounds in the videos make you feel like a kid again.
Awesome Vibe!!!!

On FaceBook I'am (Shawn OneWicked Pinhead) with a photo of a Red and Black Jaguar with a gold tooth.

Enjoy The Videos!!!

Last edited:

Nightwing

Aug 1, 2012
no it wasn't. LCA is quite decent, on of the better Preimiers. The problem with LCA is that is difficult to play. And what can be seen among some people here, difficult table always suck and those that can go forever with gazillions are always good.

Just curious,Kinggo - what do you think was the worst Season 3 table?

W1LDD ONE

Jul 21, 2013
Monopoly!!!! Would make a great opener to this Season.
Someday I hope we get this in our collection or at least "The Game Show" table.
They were both fun I played them at the "Texas Pinball Festival" this year they were LED upgraded tables.

kinggo

Feb 9, 2014
Just curious,Kinggo - what do you think was the worst Season 3 table?
well, I don't know. I mean, I don't see tables like black and white. Sure, there are better ones, or should I say the ones that I enjoy more, but the point is that from all tables so far the only two that I don't play unless they are in tournament are HD 3rd and HH. From 3rd season, the weakest tables for me are Who Dunnit? and Black Rose with Diner as #1. Even the BSD won't beat Diner. But I think that people sometimes simply cross off tables without giving them a proper chance. While I can understand that when it comes to real pinball that takes away hard earned cash, in TPA we have a chance to explore tables indefinitely for 5$. And every table is worth 5$. If nothing, at least one will know where not to put the money on the real thing.

Kratos3

Sep 22, 2013
Monopoly!!!! Would make a great opener to this Season.
Someday I hope we get this in our collection or at least "The Game Show" table.
They were both fun I played them at the "Texas Pinball Festival" this year they were LED upgraded tables.

Monopoly is unattainable right now due to EA. We're not getting it any time soon.

ZenTron

Jul 21, 2013
Kickstarter for TAF will be announced by Friday September 12th and that will be Halloween/Season 4 Table 1 release. They've had the real pin for a month or so and have been working on it.

P.S. Yes, I know on FB they say it won't be ready, obviously they want it to be a surprise.

W1LDD ONE

Jul 21, 2013
and....how do you know all this confirmed information Zen?
But It Does Sounds Good To Me!!! Don't get me wrong sir just curious on your information.
So the first week of October will be TAF? That's one month from BSD release and you say it's the first new Season 4 table in the first week of October?
Where did you pick up your Crystal Ball ???
Because I could use one of them.

Last edited:

Kolchak357

Senior Pigeon
May 31, 2012
They've been working on BS Drac and Xbox and the new UI and DX11 upgrade and you get it the idea. When did they find the time to work on Addams Family? I'm not buying it. I'm guessing November.
But if they find a way to get it to us by October, I sure won't complain.

Nightwing

Aug 1, 2012
well, I don't know. I mean, I don't see tables like black and white. Sure, there are better ones, or should I say the ones that I enjoy more, but the point is that from all tables so far the only two that I don't play unless they are in tournament are HD 3rd and HH. From 3rd season, the weakest tables for me are Who Dunnit? and Black Rose with Diner as #1. Even the BSD won't beat Diner. But I think that people sometimes simply cross off tables without giving them a proper chance. While I can understand that when it comes to real pinball that takes away hard earned cash, in TPA we have a chance to explore tables indefinitely for 5$. And every table is worth 5$. If nothing, at least one will know where not to put the money on the real thing.

That's a good way of looking at it.

DokkenRokken

Banned
Apr 7, 2014
LCA was easily the worse table in season 3

Without question, and you can base that on the majority of customer's complaints. (Both on here and on the FB page)

*Waits for Kratos to make a complaint about people on the FB page*

The table I am expecting for #31 is Phantom of the Opera. Because it is a Data East machine and an alphanumeric I think it would be an interesting way to kickoff the season. Then they could throw in another requested table after like Party Zone or Judge Dredd to make the season worth buying.

I think you're on to something here.

Actually, replace "The Party Zone" with "Earthshaker" and I think you have it down cold.

So are we thinking it will be a Horror themed table then?, if so i guess Bone Buster would be an easy one for them to do, but not a great way to start a season really.

I doubt it will be TFTC or POTO as these are Date East tables and not even sure if they have that system locked down and working in TPA yet??.....so maybe it will be Freddy?. Its a Gottlieb table (which FS love!!) and might not need a KS, what do you think?

Im saying......

Bone Buster or Freddy: A Nightmare on Elm Street

It's going to be a horror themed pin, without question.

As for "Freddy", as bad as I want that table, I'm guessing that might need a KS. If not, it's still pretty pricey, esp after they just did BSD. Again, I'm sticking with "Phantom of the Opera", as I think this is finally the year we get Data East.

Freddy would make sense to me.It isn't Data East, it ties into the Halloween Double Bill perfectly and it would be a great kickoff to Season 4.One might assume Freddy might need a KS but BSD didn't need one either.Can't be sure.

Again, don't count Data East out. They mentioned a while back that we wouldn't be getting them during Season 3, but they never said anything about not getting them during Season 4. I mean, they still have the Data East logo up on their website. (Last time I checked)

As for "Freddy", sadly, I would assume that would be a little bit more pricier than BSD, just based on Englund and the license alone.

Gottlieb has some crappy tables in our collection I'am far from impressed with some of them so far. LCA / Class of 1812 / Haunted House / Cue Ball Wizard & lastly "El BORADO" City Of Gold worst sounds ever in a pinball game it's like morse code turn the damn volume to zero huge disappointments for me. I'll pass on a "Bone Buster" purchase to start off Season 4. Wallet Closed! Last Halloween Was A Bust!!!!
Freddy Kruger would be a nice surprise for an opener I totally agree.
I feel just looking at the Playfield on some of Gottlieb tables looks like children scribbled on the tables. Strange.

I disagree with that statement. Those were tables that were heavily requested, and people got what they wanted. I don't think anyone expected a Gottlieb blitzkrieg attack like we got, but they got the tables they wanted, regardless. Personally, I thought "Class of 1812" was great, and I was always a huge fan of "Cue Ball Wizard". (Which is worlds better than EBD, in my opinion)

kinggo

Feb 9, 2014
how come that the Class of 1812 is great while LCA sucks so much? I mean, atrwork style is similar, gamplay is similar (on both everything that brings some significant points is timed, like on many other premiers), even the layout is similar.
And where did you get this from "you can base that on the majority of customer's complaints. (Both on here and on the FB page)"? I don't know about FB, but FB, twitter and similar crap has no meaning. It's like a public toilet, one comes, takes a dump and moves one without real interest for the matter. But apart from you and few others that constantly bashing LCA here, majority was/is very pleased with LCA. The "first impressions" thread is mostly positive.

Last edited:

karl

May 10, 2012
Someone had a request for Judge Dredd in the thread about BSD on Facebook and Farsight gave a reply that makes me think we might see it in Season 4. Can't remember what it was exactly. Something like "We would love to do that" with a smiley at the end.

Not much to go on but it caught my eye somehow. Maybe it was the smiley that did the trick. Can't remember exactly

shutyertrap

Staff member
Mar 14, 2012
Bobby dropped a hint or 2 in an interview we did with him that will be in our upcoming BlahCade Podcast #11, so you all will want a listen when posted. ;)

Members online

No members online now.

Members online

No members online now.