The Addams Family - Progress Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
R

Rhandos

A gold edition sounds more like selling then kickstarting.

I would not have a problem if they make taf, bring it out. And then 2 months later you can add the gold edition for again same full price.

I would buy both.
Full price would be a bit harsh. I think the pro version price model would be fair.

Bowflex

Feb 21, 2012
A gold edition sounds more like selling then kickstarting.

I would not have a problem if they make taf, bring it out. And then 2 months later you can add the gold edition for again same full price.

I would buy both.

I don't know about selling gold edition at full price. The playfield is the same with some parts colored differently. The Roms are different but not that much to justify an entire full price sale. They should put Addams out and have gold edition be an add on along with the regular pro mode.

Zorgwon

Sep 14, 2013
I don't know about selling gold edition at full price. The playfield is the same with some parts colored differently. The Roms are different but not that much to justify an entire full price sale. They should put Addams out and have gold edition be an add on along with the regular pro mode.
You don't have to buy both. It could be just an offer.

Richard B

Apr 7, 2012
Weren't both Wii U and 360 both platforms available to people in the T2 kickstarter?

Because if so, they should probably focus on getting those out first before another one.
360 is held up due to MS and their draconian policies and unwillingness to work with such a small developer. There's nothing FS can do to speed this up they haven't already done. You should be glad they keep trying - most would say "screw it" and bail on the platform.

DokkenRokken

Banned
Apr 7, 2014
That opens up the possibilities for the Halloween tables. Very nice.

There's quite a few options for Halloween:

"Phantom of the Opera", "Bone Busters, Inc.", "Mary Shelley's Frankenstein", etc. I could even see "Judge Dredd" maybe getting in there, just to throw people off.

Personally, I want "Phantom of the Opera". I'm kinda burned out on the DMD/toy type tables. I'm just not quite sure they're able to do Data East tables, yet?

Nightwing

Aug 1, 2012
There's quite a few options for Halloween:

"Phantom of the Opera", "Bone Busters, Inc.", "Mary Shelley's Frankenstein", etc. I could even see "Judge Dredd" maybe getting in there, just to throw people off.

Personally, I want "Phantom of the Opera". I'm kinda burned out on the DMD/toy type tables. I'm just not quite sure they're able to do Data East tables, yet?

I could see POTO - they do have the license to do Data East tables.
I don't see Mary Shelley's Frankenstein happening without some sort of KS,simply because of Robert De Niro's likeness on the table.

Bone Busters would be a real "meh" choice for me personally and not a good choice for the October table.
(IMHO)

Judge Dredd?? Since it is just based on the comic book & nothing at all on the 90's film - I'd think that it could be done. It's in my top ten TPA wishlist & I'd be very happy if this comes to pass...

DokkenRokken

Banned
Apr 7, 2014
I could see POTO - they do have the license to do Data East tables.
I don't see Mary Shelley's Frankenstein happening without some sort of KS,simply because of Robert De Niro's likeness on the table.

Bone Busters would be a real "meh" choice for me personally and not a good choice for the October table.
(IMHO)

Judge Dredd?? Since it is just based on the comic book & nothing at all on the 90's film - I'd think that it could be done. It's in my top ten TPA wishlist & I'd be very happy if this comes to pass...

- POTO would be my dream choice. It's a fun, simple table. No DMD or toy gimmics.

- "Frankenstein" would be nice, but on top of the assumed costly license, I wonder if they can even do Data East/Sega tables yet? I find it odd that after 3 years, not a single Data East/Sega table has been made. The reason they continue to give for this is that "Data East tables are mostly expensive", but not all of them are. We do know that a lot of people have a hard time emulating certain Data East tables online, so maybe that's the reason for it?

- "Bone Busters, Inc" would be a quick, easy, and cheap table to make, so I wouldn't ever count this one out. Again, we got LCA out of nowhere, for no apparent reason, so ya never know. I personally wouldn't mind if this one happened, it looks decent.

- "Judge Dredd" would be a great curveball to throw at us, esp seeing that "Judge Dredd" is maniacally requested.

Ok, sorry for the interruption....back to your daily TAF discussion.

pm1109

Dec 18, 2013
So are we going to get TAF this year even
Oh well we waited for 2 years what's another 6 months

shogun00

Dec 25, 2012
Stern Pinball owns the rights to the Data East and Sega tables and Farsight has a license with Stern Pinball.

POTO actually has a good shot, since the table is based off the classic novel and not the movie.

I also want to see POTO in TPA. It has a creepy soundtrack and a creepy backglass. The backglass on this table is double pane with one pane having the phantom's mask and the other with his actual face. When a certain light turns on in the backbox his face appears through the mask. It's really creepy looking. I remember playing this table at the local department store. Not only was volume jacked, the backglass actually scared a couple of kids while I was playing it. I didn't even notice it until I looked up and said holy crap.

Last edited:

DokkenRokken

Banned
Apr 7, 2014
Stern Pinball owns the rights to the Data East and Sega tables and Farsight has a license with Stern Pinball.

POTO actually has a good shot, since the table is based off the classic novel and not the movie.

I also want to see POTO in TPA. It has a creepy soundtrack and a creepy backglass. The backglass on this table is double pane with one pane having the phantom's mask and the other with his actual face. When a certain light turns on in the backbox his face appears through the mask. It's really creepy looking. I remember playing this table at the local department store. Not only was volume jacked, the backglass actually scared a couple of kids while I was playing it. I didn't even notice it until I looked up and said holy crap.

Yeah, I've watched all the videos out there for it, as well as looked at actual pix.

I've never played the table, but it looks amazing.

Espy

Sep 9, 2013

Unfortunately you'll never see that effect on TPA, haha.

Captain B. Zarre

Apr 16, 2013

Why, out of all places, in a department store? I wouldn't want to head to Walmart just to be terrified, then again it terrifies everyone to this day ;)

shogun00

Dec 25, 2012
Why, out of all places, in a department store? I wouldn't want to head to Walmart just to be terrified, then again it terrifies everyone to this day ;)
My local K-Mart had a mini-arcade in the past and they had 2 pinball machines at any given time. The first two that appeared were WWF Royal Rumble and Phantom of the Opera.

Last edited:

DokkenRokken

Banned
Apr 7, 2014
My local K-Mart had a mini-arcade in the past and they had 2 pinball machine at any given time. The first two that appeared were WWF Royal Rumble and Phantom of the Opera.

Man, I'd kill to finally get a chance to play "WWF Royal Rumble"!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

No members online now.

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Latest posts